Confusion and Betrayal

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Jinwoo's POV]

I sit nervously on my chair while waiting for the rest of the shareholders to arrive. Jang Suwon, my secretary is standing just right behind me, talking to some of our staff; giving them instructions for today's special event. He also keeps checking the attendance of those people who are on our side. I look at him and raise my left eyebrow. He bites his lower lip before shaking his head. I sigh.

"It's gonna be okay." Uncle Hyunsung whispers beside me. "I already talked to some of our loyal supporters. They will come."

"What if they don't come?" I whisper back, worry evident on my face. "We may have their support but it will be useless if they don't come on time to cast their votes."

"Buhoejangnim." Suwon leans forward to whisper. "I heard from one of the staff that Hee Ae-sajangnim made a deal with K2 through Jang Eugene."

"What?" I exclaim.

This is bad, really bad. K2, as of now has the biggest shares in our company. If the others know our Aunt has his support, even the people on our side will start switching to their side. I start biting my nails.

Just then, the crowd start to murmur when an unfamiliar face appears together with Jang Eugene. I frown and turn to Uncle Hyunsung who also looks as confused as i am. Jang Eugene has whispered something into the man before ushering him to his seat but my attention seeker of an Aunt beats him to it, blocking his way. She's with Bae Jungnam, her loyal underling.

"Ah! If it isn't Taesan's Lee Seonwoong." Aunt Hee Ae approaches the younger man. "I'm glad you could make it."

"Well, someone asked me to be here." Seonwoong smirks.

Aunt Hee Ae frowns before looking at Bae Jungnam. The latter also frowns before shaking his head towards his superior. What exactly is going on?

"Well then, if you'll excuse me. I'll just head to my own seat now." Lee Seonwoong brushes pass my Aunt and heads to sit on his designated chair.

"I didn't know Lee Seonwoong-ssi is a shareholder." I lean towards Uncle Hyunsung. "Do you think he's K2?"

"Why do you say so?"

"Well, he came with Jung Eugene." I remark. "And i actually have never seen him attend any of our meetings before. And why's a Lee even interested in Kimshin?"

"Well, unlike his brothers, he has a broader perspective in business." Uncle Hyunsung says. "Sure, their family is a conglomerate like yours but they're more concerned in the educational side and i believe Lee Seonwoong-ssi wanted to explore more than that."

"Then, why do you think he chose Kimshin?" I ask.

"Well, why do you think?"

Another batch of murmurs is heard. We all turn when Jung Eugene has suddenly started running towards the entrance, looking flustered. We all frown and look over to the source of the commotion. My eyes widen and my jaw drops when i see a very familiar face.

"Jinhwan?" I ask, looking surprised. Why wouldn't i be when my little brother suddenly showed up in an important day like this. And he's supposed to be taking care of Jisoo's discharged papers. "What is he doing here?"

"What is that other brat doing here?" Aunt Hee Ae mumbles towards Bae Jungnam while glaring at my brother who is now standing beside Jung Eugene. "I mean, isn't he supposed to be in school like the other kids?"

I'm still stunned and speechless that i'm not able to ask my brother why he is here. Jinhwan walks and heads to sit with the rest of the shareholders.

I must say, he looks kinda out of place together with another guy from the Song Enterprises. The two of them are the only young ones to attend the shareholders' conference.

Aunt Hee Ae walks towards Jung Eugene who keeps following Jinhwan wherever he goes.

"Jung Eugene-ssi, what are you thinking bringing another child in here?" Aunt Hee Ae narrows her eyes at the younger one before settling her scrutinizing eyes on me.

"Why sajangnim? You're the one who told me to bring K2 at the conference." Eugene smirks.

"What are you talking about?" Kim Hee Ae scowls.

My own eyes also widen. I look at my brother. "Jinhwan-ah, what is the meaning of this?"

Jinhwan grimaces. "I'm sorry i have to lie to you about this, hyung. I promise, i'll explain everything to you later."

I swallow. Jinhwan then faces our Aunt before settling his gaze at Lee Seonwoong. He nods towards him and the older man nods back at him.

"Hold on a second!" Our Aunt Hee Aw screams. "What is going on? How did this boy became K2? There must be a mistake! He can't be K2!"

"But he is, sajangnim." Eugene tells her. "Kim Jinhwan-ssi is K2. Where do you think he got that alias in the first place?"

The people begin to whisper. Who would've thought that the young, second son of the Kims could do something like this and achieved so much more? They are now seeing and hearing our family's drama. A familiar scene you usually see in a typical korean drama.

"Jinhwan-ssi and i met for the first time in London four years ago." Eugene shares. "He was just an eighteen year old highschooler but his knowledge in the business world had earned him my support and this spot."

"Ridiculous." Aunt Hee Ae mumbles while glaring towards Jinhwan.

Jinhwan smirks. "Did you really think i would spend my ten years without even doing anything while you reap our family's fortune?" Jinhwan laughs. "I'm a Kim. We have the same blood running through our veins so as a countermeasure i studied hard and used the money that our dad had left us for an investment. It earned me a spot here in the company and violá! Here we are now."

Ah! As expected of Jinhwan. He really has the potential of a businessman. I look at Aunt Hee Ae. She is clearly not happy. She's clenching her fists so hard that they're turning white.

"I was actually planning of revealing myself once i already have more than half of the company's shares but you.." Jinhwan points to our Aunt. "You ruined it by trying to mess with Jinwoo-hyung."

"Quite a brother you got there, huh?"

I flinch and look beside me. I blink when i see Lee Seonwoong smiling at me. I bow to give respect and he does the same.

"Lee Seonwoong-ssi, i thought you're K2."

The older man laughs. "What made you think that?"

"Well, it's my first time seeing you here and you came here together with Jung Eugene."

"Ah! You have a point but only because it was your brother who called me here."

"My brother?" I frown. "Jinhwan?"

The man nods. "I don't know how but Kim Jinhwan-ssi knew i have my eyes set on HIGHGRND so we made a deal and here we are now."

"You mean, you're here to--"

"Yup." Lee Seonwoong pats my shoulder. "I'm here to support you."

"Is everyone here?" Yang Hyunsuk, the board of directors' chairman finally arrives.

He takes the seat on the dias and scans all the people inside the large hall. He narrows his eyes when he sees my brother but doesn't say anything before speaking again.

"Good morning. I believe you already knew why you came here today?" The chairman says. "Let's not go into circles and start voting. I know we're all busy men here."

We all head back to our seats. The female staff start to hand us this blank piece of paper where we're supposed to write YES or NO.

"Those of you who are in agreement to remove Kim Jinwoo from Kimshin may write YES." Yang Hyunsuk says. "And those who don't, write NO."

We begin to write now our answers. I look over where my brother is currently sitting and see him handing his sheet of paper to one of the staff. He catches me looking at him and nods. I nod back before handing my paper to the passing staff.

"All the votes are in." Chairman Yang says. "We will begin the counting now."

We all straighten on our seats. I ball my fist on the table and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter