Keep it to Yourself

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After School Hours:

[Donghyuk's POV]

"Thanks for driving us, hyung." I wave towards Seungri-hyung who drove me and my other friends to Rosé's house using our family's car.

"No problem." Seungri-hyung grins. "Just call me when i have to pick you up."

I nod and turn to the rest of my friends, Lisa, Junhue and Jungkook. We decided to make our group project at Rosé's house since it's big and near the heart of the city.

Junhue presses the doorbell, grinning and after a few more seconds, the gate finally opens. We walk until we reach the front door which immediately opens, revealing Rosé.

"Guys! I'm glad you made it!"

"Pasta!" Junhue immediately jumps to hug his girlfriend. "I miss you."

"Yah!" Rosé hits her boyfriend's arm. "Not here and we just saw each other back at school."

Rosé wiggles away from Junhue and faces us. She smiles sheepishly before making way for us to come in.

"Come in."

Lisa smiles at her bestfriend teasingly and Rosé can't help but blush. I just roll my eyes towards Junhue who just winks at me in return. Rosé then escorts us towards the living area.

"Take a seat guys." Rosé points towards the expensive looking sofas. "I'll just bring you something out to drink."

"I'll come with you." Junhue follows Rosé towards the kitchen leaving me, Lisa and Jungkook alone.

The three of us take our seats. I roam my eyes around the house, studying it.

"Oh! I almost forgot. It's your first time to be here, right?" Lisa asks.

I nod.

"Great house, right?" Lisa grins, looking proud. "Rosé's parents are actually working abroad. Only she and her older sister stay here."

"Rosé's sister is also working as a singer-actress." Jungkook shares. "That's why they have this huge house."

"I see."

"Thanks for waiting guys." Rosé appears together with Junhue, each of them carrying a tray full of food and refreshments. "Here, have some."

"Roseanne!"

We all turn to a beautiful woman going down the stairs. Like her sister, this woman has black hair and fair skin with a petite body.

"Unnie!" Rosé runs to greet the older woman.

The woman finally notices us. "Oh? You brought friends."

Me and my friends all stand and greet this woman who i'm guessing to be Rosé's older sister, Dara.

"Yeah. I hope you don't mind." Rosé smiles.

"Of course not." The older woman smiles, turning towards us. "Please, feel at home and call me noona or unnie."

"Neh." We bow our heads.

"You've already met Lisa and Junhue right?" Rosé smiles. "These other two boys are Jeon Jungkook and Kim Donghyuk."

"Hi! Nice to meet you." Dara-noona reaches out to shake our hands.

"Nice to meet you too, noona." Jungkook says shyly. The boy is actually blushing.

"Thank you for allowing us to make our project here." I shake the older woman's hand.

"No problem." Dara-noona smiles at me knowingly. "So, you're one of those famous Kims."

I blink. "I'm sorry, what?"

Dara-noona laughs. "I was actually there at your Aunt's party."

"Oh."

"I'm actually one of your company's actresses." Dara-noona smiles. "It's so nice to have finally met one of my employers."

I smile at her, feeling awkward.

"Unnie!" Rosé might've felt my discomfort since she finally decides to intervene.

"Sorry." Dara-noona smiles sheepishly. "Don't mind me and just take your time, okay? I'll just go out to take care of some business."

"Where are you headed?" Rosé asks.

"To the hospital." Dara-noona grimaces. "Jiyong needs me there."

"Oh." Rosé's expression softens. "Is it Jiyong-oppa's brother again?"

Dara-noona nods. "Take care of them and the house, okay?"

"Neh, unnie."

"Bye guys." Dara-noona waves at us. "Enjoy your stay."

"What's wrong with Jiyong-ssi's brother?" Lisa asks as soon as Dara-noona is out of earshot.

"He's sick." Rosé answers.

"Sick?" Jungkook tilts his head, wondering. "What kind of sickness?"

Rosé just shrugs. "I don't know but according to Dara-unnie, he's been receiving treatment for it."

"Since when?" I ask, getting curious.

"Hmm~" Rosé pauses to think. "I'm not sure. All i know is that Jiyong-oppa's brother should've been cured of his sickness by now but it turned out that he's been suffering from his attack from time to time."

"Enough with that." Junhue interrupts. "Aren't we going to talk about our project?"

"Junhue's right." Rosé agrees. "We still need to come up with an idea for our literature project."

"How about a play?" Jungkook suggests.

"Wow Kookie! So original." Lisa smiles sarcastically.

Jungkook glares at her. "Why don't you come up with something then?"

Lisa smirks before turning towards me. "What about a dance?"

Jungkook laughs. "A dance? So cliché."

Lisa's eyes turn into slits. She's about to choke Jungkook when Rosé suddenly intervenes.

"That's enough." Rosé glares at the two. "You, fighting won't help us get the job done."

"What about making a portrait of ourselves?" Junhue beams.

Rosé contemplates. "I was actually thinking about making a book." The couple then turn towards me. "What do you say?"

I scowl. Why are they asking me for my approval? I sigh defeatedly. My friends exchange looks.

"Lisa's and Jungkook's ideas are too common for us to use." I start.

"So that means they're out." Jungkook pouts.

"Junhue's idea is actually good but creating a self portrait will not be considered as a group project." I turn to Rosé. "Rosé's idea is not that bad either but making a book would take us some time to finish."

My friends sag.

"But..." I pause and my friends turn to look at me, looking hopeful. "Making a children's book is a different story."

*****

[Third Person's POV]

"Where are you taking me?" Jennie is helplessly getting dragged by Park Jimin somewhere.

Jimin stops and turns to look at the awkward-looking girl standing in front of him. He notices how the girl will always squirms everytime someone tries to look at her. The girl will also keep her head down when trying to talk to someone. Jimin is wondering how she ended up to be like this.

"You promised me a date, remember?"

Jennie blinks. "I--"

Jimin beams and starts to drag the girl again.

"Wait!" Jennie tries to pull her arm back.

"What is it this time?" Jimin looks back.

"Um~" Jennie bites her bottom lip. "My bodyguards."

Jimin pauses. He furrows his eyebrows until an idea suddenly pops up inside his head. He smiles, giving Jennie the shivers. Jimin has started to take his beanie off from his head and puts it on Jennie.

"Yah!"

Without warning, Jimin leans forward, making Jennie to lean back. Jimin frowns, looking at the girl's glasses.

"Do you have a bad sight?" Jimin asks.

Jennie gulps. Honestly, she has a perfect vision. She only chooses to wear it because it makes her feel comfortable and protected. Her sister would sometimes scold her about it, telling her to ditch the glasses and start wearing something that shows off her figure. Jennie is actually thinking of doing that but everytime she tries going out without her glasses on, she fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter