— c o t t o n c a n d y k i s s

one shot — an angst collection

COTTON CANDY KISS 

word count: 1286 words | pairing: banghim | see author's note


 

Their first encounter was soft, sweet — very much like cotton candy.

It was a Sunday evening, a windy one at that when Yongguk decided to take a walk by the pier. He had been staying in the suburbs for close to a month now, and the pier had turned into his favourite place to hang around when thoughts drowned him. He was dressed in his usual shorts and and tee that hung off his skinny frame despite the cutting breeze that blew from time to time, and it was as he neared the entrance of the pier that he met him.

There was nothing special, no accidental brushing of the arm or no bumping of shoulders. In fact, there were a good few metres apart when they passed each other but for some unexplainable reason, they both turned to look at each other at the same time. It was fate at play — they were both meant to meet at each of their own darkest moment. Their eyes locked before their steps could slow and come to a stop and in that moment, just like any other over sentimental drama, time really seemed to have stopped for them.

In those few mere seconds that they stood apart staring into each other's eyes, Yongguk fell increasingly deeper into the male that stood in his grey sweatpants and oversized tee shirt. The way his dark black hair blew with the evening breeze and the shining bright eyes that came into view as his hair swayed — Yongguk was mesmerised, to put it simply. He watched the other take small steps towards him, accompanied by the faint smell of cotton candy that wafted its way to them from the carnival at the opposite end of the street. A small smile played on Yongguk's face then, unknown to himself, as the set of beautiful eyes inched closer as their eyes remain locked.

The male stood before Yongguk, his baby pink lips upturned into a slight smile, his orbs looking a golden brown under the evening sun. For the first time in awhile, Yongguk felt like the weight had been lifted off of his chest, and he took in a long shaking breath whilst holding the other's gaze. He did not even realise how ridiculous he was being, finding the freedom that he had been searching for from someone that he just met off the streets.

"I'm Himchan," Yongguk look at the male's hand stuck out before him, "Kim Himchan." His voice was pleasant to the year — deep yet velvety, a stark contrast from Yongguk's own deep and gruff voice. Yongguk took his hand, his heart racing in his chest at the first contact that they shared after a minute or two since their encounter. He must be going crazy but he didn't care, he had not felt like that in a long while.

"Bang Yongguk," his voice trembled under the other's soft gaze, eliciting a soft chuckle from him. His voice was warm, just as his hand was. A warmth that Yongguk was craving, a warmth that he really needed at a time like this. If he had any ounce of courage in him, he would have gone for the hug that he had really wanted to pull the other into, but he stopped himself. His instincts were telling him to walk away from the man, but the most he could bring himself to do was resist a hug.

There was something about Himchan that reminded him of himself, appearance wise they could not be more different, but something about the way Himchan carried himself drew him in. So when Himchan began walking down the pier, Yongguk followed suit behind him, his eyes trained on the other. It wasn't long before Yongguk caught up to him, their arms brushing each other as they walked next to each other despite the abundance of space on their other side.

They made small talk along the way, but all Yongguk could care about was the way the other's eyes twinkled as he awaited an answer to his question. The way he stared off into the far distance into a comfortable silence and how a mask of sadness just seems to cover him despite the cute smile that remained on his face. There was something about this man, and Yongguk wanted to find out what it was.

Yongguk stopped in his tracks as they neared the end of the pier and he reached for Himchan's arm, who was shocked at the sudden touch of cold. He turned around, nevertheless, to face Yongguk and once again the two fell into their own moment of silence. Yongguk's heart raced at the intensity in which the other's crescent eyes looked into his own downes, and the curiosity that he had for the other seemed to melt away yet again. A wave of sadness hit him in the chest as he held the other's gaze, and he knew then what was so similar about them.

"Can i please hug you?" He didn't bother hiding the shakiness of his voice these time as he stepped closer to Himchan, his arms wrapping around the other's waist. He laid his chin on the other's shoulder, blinking away the tears that had formed in his eyes. Himchan hands belatedly made its way to Yongguk's back, and he liked how warm he felt in the other's hold. For once, he could actually forget the painful thoughts in the back of his mind.

They stood there for a minute or two, with Himchan's face buried in the crook of Yongguk's neck as the taller feigned ignorance to the drops of tear that fell upon his neck. The sun had dropped by the time Himchan lifted his head to look at Yongguk, and the smile small that gave Yongguk butterflies was back on his delicate face. With a soft sniff, Himchan brought his hand to Yongguk's hair, giving it a soft ruffle as Yongguk gave him a playful sneer.

Himchan gently pushed Yongguk against the railings that barricaded the pier, with Yongguk's arms still around his waist, and the piercing cold of the metal seeped through the fabric of his shirt. Yongguk let out a small gasp of surprise as he tried to squirm free, which only encouraged Himchan to corner him even further, with a leg between Yongguk's own, and his two arms beside his slender figure.

Yongguk's eyes were trained on Himchan as the shorter leaned forward, his cold back now the least of his concern. Himchan's pale skin shone under the moon that hung directly above them and his previously golden brown orbs were now a dark black that he liked even more. Himchan stopped his advances as their faces stood inches away, his eyes seeking Yongguk's for approval, as his lips ghosted above the others.

"I smell cotton candy," Himchan burst out laughing at the sudden comment coming from Yongguk, his hands leaving the railing to cup Yongguk's blushing face before planting butterfly kisses on Yongguk's own smiling lips. Once or twice, their teeth clashed as they kissed whilst smiling but as Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan's waist, he deepened their kiss and the initial playfulness was replaced by passion. 

Yongguk pulled them closer into each other's embrace, their lips only parting for a second or two before crashing back together. Under the moonlight on the day they first met, they wished that that moment would never end. They wished for the night to run deeper than it ever could, and for their passion to never die. They wished that they could keep each other for as long as they could and their wishes never came through. 

 


author's note:

i can't stop thinking about my crush from 3 years ago.. which somehow led to this story so bangup one would be delayed, sorry :(