That Pretty Unnie pt. 6

그 예쁜 언니 (That Pretty Unnie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minkyung keeps pacing back and forth inside her room, with her hands clutching hard on her phone. 

 

“Should i call her now? But what if she’s still out with her model-like first love? But it's late already. She should be at home by now right? Aarrgghh!” Minkyung groaned in frustration. 

 

“Calm down, Kim Minkyung. Calm down. Losing your cool is so not you.” She continued her monologue.

 

The poor girl keeps on talking to herself until she can't wait anymore.

 

“Aish molla! I’ll call her now.” Minkyung bites her lip, nervously scrolling through the contact list in her phone and then dial Yebin’s number. 

 

“Hello?” Yebin answered after the third ring. 

 

“H-hello. Yebin-ah.. this is Minkyung.”

 

Yebin softly scoffed, not a mocking scoff but more like a teasing scoff and Minkyung can perfectly imagine Yebin’s mischievous look in her head right now. 

 

“I know it’s you, Minkyung unnie. I saved your phone number and i haven’t delete it yet. Don't worry." Yebin chuckled.

 

“A-ah i see.”

 

There goes another scoff from Yebin while Minkyung feels more embarrassed than ever. She’s totally losing her cool in front of Yebin.

 

“So, why you’re calling me?” Yebin who can't stand the silence spoke.

 

“Ah, r-right. Uh anyway are you still with Doyeon?”

 

“No.  Doyeonie already left like an hour ago. She drove me home and stay here for awhile before her mom called her and asked her to help her with something.” Yebin knows she doesn’t have any obligation to explain things to Minkyung but she just feels like she has to. And besides she also still feel kind of bad for leaving Minkyung in the middle of their unfinished serious talk and went out with Doyeon instead. 

 

“I see. So, are you busy right now?”

 

“Not really. I’m just done taking my bath.”

 

“So can i see you now?” The question rolled out of Minkyung’s mouth just like that, so easily, so smoothly, startling both Yebin and Minkyung herself. She was never this kind of bold girl. Yebin has changed her. 

 

“I— i think it’s too late to go out, unnie.”

 

“Then i’ll go to yours! I-I mean if you don’t mind to have a guest at this hour.”

 

After few dead silence seconds passed..

 

“Fine. Drive safely.” And secretly without Yebin knows, (it's not like she can see Minkyung and her stupid doing right now through phone call) Minkung is doing a weird celebratory dance after hearing Yebin's answer.

 

“Okay. See you soon, Yebs.”

But Yebin swears she can hear the smile in Minkyung’s voice.

 

“See you soon, Minkyung unnie.”

And Minkyung knows that she’s not the only one who’s smiling like a fool once the phone call ended. 

***

 

(35 minutes later)

 

*ding dong*

 

“Ughh, who the hell is visiting in the middle of the night like this?” Kyungwon who’s still awake, watching her favorite drama re-run in the living room groaned in wonder. She almost stand up from her comfy coach to check on the cctv so she can know who is the guest when suddenly she heard Yebin half-yelling from her room upstair. 

 

“I’ll get it!” Yebin runs down the stairs in hurry. 

 

“Yah Kang Yebin! Are you seriously having a guest at this hour? Who is your guest? Do i know this person?” Kyungwon’s protectiveness kicks in since she bears the responsibility as the older one among the two to make sure that the litte devil will always be safe. She still feel the need to take care of the younger Kang even though Yebin is no longer a kid.

 

“Uh.. you know her. It’s Minkyung unnie.” Yebin answered without meeting her sister's eyes. She kind of afraid of her sister's reaction once she knows that she still keep in touch with her best friend.

 

“Minky?? Whattsss? Since when you two reconciled??!” Kyungwon asked with her high-pitched voice. The tone that she only use whenever she was surprised or shocked because of something.

 

“We’re not even fighting to begin with, unnie.” 

 

“You two did. You told her to go away and stay away from you. She tried to meet you but you kept avoiding her. And now you two want to see each other at late hour like now. So i bet you two already made up huh?”

 

“Can’t really say that we already made up because our talk hasn’t finished, yet. That’s why she 's here now. Now will you let me to open the door? Your best friend must be tired waiting in front of the door. And it’s freaking cold outside!”

 

“Okay okay. Go. Go and meet your babe.” Kyungwon said with a smirk, ignoring the death glare from her sister. 

 

Once Yebin disappeared from her sight, she plopped down herself back on the coach. 

 

“It’s just about time for those two to finally realize their feeling. And for Minkyung to bend for the little devil. As expected from my sister.” Kyungwon snickered and continue watching the drama.

***

 

“Unnie, i’m sorry for taking this long to open the door. I was talking with Kyungwon unnie.” 

 

“It’s fine.” Minkyung brushed it off with a gentle smile. 

 

“Come in. It’s so cold outside.” Yebin sighed seeing Minkyung slightly trembling, probably because of the cold night air. She pulled Minkyung by the hand and drag her inside. 

 

“Living room is occupied by my sister and i don’t think her drama will finish anytime soon. Do you mind to talk in my room?”

 

“Sure. I don’t mind.” 

 

The two walked pass Kyungwon who’s eyeing them with a mischievous glint in her eyes. 

 

“Hello, Minky.” Kyungwon smirked at her best friend while Minkyung just rolled her eyes at her. 

 

“Just ignore her. Let’s go upstairs.” Yebin who’s still holding on to Minkyung’s hand, pulled the taller girl to quickly climb up the stairs with her, totally ignoring her sister. 

 

“I’ll talk to you later.” Minkyung silently mouthed to Kyungwon which replied by the latter with an understanding nod. 

 

"Good luck you two."

***

 

(Inside Yebin’s room)

 

Both girls are standing awkwardly once Yebin closed the door behind them. 

 

The awkwardness is too real to ignore. Both girls can’t stand it, yet none brave enough to start the conversation. 

 

Minkyung thinks as the older one between the two, she should take the first step. Besides it was her who called Yebin to have this ‘meeting’.

 

“What do you think about Doyeon?” There goes Minkyung first question ever since the two get inside Yebin’s room, not even sitting yet, still standing, with some good spaces in between them. 

 

“What?” Yebin asked, bewildered. 

 

“What do you think about Doyeon, Yebin-ah?” Minkyung patiently repeated, slower this time.

Actually Yebin heard it the first time she asked it. Of course she heard it. The room is pretty quiet, even they can hear each other's breaths.

 

“I think she’s fine. She’s good.” Yebin vaguely answered. Not really sure how to give an answer to Minkyung's out of nowhere question.

 

“Define fine. Define good. Be specific.” Minkyung demanded. 

 

“Uh.. yeah she’s fine. If we talk about her outer appearances, she has a good body proportion. She’s tall, fair skin, long silky brownish hair, cute smile. Anyone can see that she’s pretty and possessed a body like a model. And as for her personality, she’s an easy going person, she’s funny and bubbly, friendly, and can be silly too sometimes.”

 

“I see. Do you like her? She was your first love right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter