That Pretty Unnie pt. 5

그 예쁜 언니 (That Pretty Unnie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The problem between two persons isn’t scary. With the third party is.” - Maysa, Yes or No 2

 

"Hello?"

 

"Minkyung, where are you?" A gentle male voice can be heard once Minkyung accepted the call.

 

"In my house." Minkyung lazily answered.

 

"Do you want to hang out later?"

 

"I'm sorry, Josh. But i'm feeling unwell today. I think i should just rest."

 

"You're sick? Should i go there to check on you? Do you want me to accompany you to see a doctor?" Joshua sounds so worried for Minkyung. Such a sweet guy.

 

"No need. I'll be fine after some good sleeps." Minkyung kindly rejected.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah. Thank you for the offer, though."

 

"Okay. Just ring me up if you need anything. Rest well, Minkyung-ah. And get well soon, alright?"

 

"Alright. Bye Josh." Minkyung said and hung up the phone first without waiting for Joshua's reply.

 

But instead of listening to Joshua, Minkyung got up from her bed walked outside her balcony.

 

She stands there, with her both hands holding on to the railings and wind gently blowing her hair.

 

"Kang Yebin.." She sighed. "Why you leave so many things to remember about you? You ain't making things easier for me." Minkyung softly said as she looks at the vast blue sky above her.

 

"Are you seeing the sky too right now? You're right.. Azure is comforting." Minkyung smiled to herself and her mind effortlessly replaying the memory of Yebin who's excitedly explaining to the older girl about her favorite color, Azure. Minkyung doesn't know when and how, but now she found herself liking Yebin's favorite color too. It becomes her favorite too.

 

"At least we're still standing under the same sky. We're not that far from each other."

 

"God.. it's impossible to forget you." Minkyung painfully whispered out and a lone tear fall down from her eye.

***

 

Minkyung and Yebin haven’t see each other for a week now. They didn’t talk to each other for a week long.

 

Yebin thought she’s the only one who cried every night before she sleep, while Minkyung probably having a late night phone call with Joshua and dreamed of the boy when she sleeps. 

 

But if only she can spare some times to ask to the older girl about her doing in the past seven days they didn’t talk to each other, Yebin would know how Minkyung also hasn’t been so well either. 

 

They tortured each other without both girl intended to.

***

 

“I hate the fact that i can see you two everyday.” Kyungwon one day said with a deep sigh.

 

She just got home and when she opened the door, she saw Yebin laying lifelessly on the long sofa. She looks so dead tired and soulless. The happy bubbly Kang Yebin is long gone, leaving no trace in the new Kang Yebin that Kyungwon hated to see. 

 

Yebin didn’t give any response to that but Kyungwon decided to continue. 

 

“You two look so broken, y’know. You and her. Just saying. Because i don’t want you to think that you’re the only one who’s suffering. Minkyung—“ Yebin flinched a little at the name. 

 

“Don’t mention her name in front of me.” Yebin flatly said and closed her eyes, as if trying to calming down herself. Just a name, yet it’s powerful enough to hurt her in many ways. 

 

“Kang Yebin, grow up! Don’t blame her too much when it’s you who came into her life first and make her grown fond of you. Now you’re also the one who walked away from her first. I know i was the one who told you to stop, but it doesn't mean i'm siding with you and could pretend to be oblivious with her miserable's state. She’s suffering too! Go try to see her and you’ll understand!” Kyungwon snapped and then left her sister to think. 

 

Yebin contemplated for awhile before she stood up and get inside her room to change her clothes. 

 

“I hate how my sister can always put things into my head.” She sighed and zipped up her jacket. 

 

***

 

Yebin decided to go to Minkyung’s university to secretly take a look of the younger girl from afar, without the older girl knowing. That was the plan.

 

She was wandering around by herself in the department where Minkyung is majoring in when she accidentally bumped into someone. She raised her head and wanted to apologize just to meet the same mischievous eyes that she ever saw few weeks ago. It’s the flirtatious blonde girl, Sejeong is the name if Yebin is not mistakenly remember. 

 

“Aww it’s you again, cutie pie. Hi.” Sejeong giddily waved her hand in front of Yebin's face.

 

“Hi, unnie. Do you perhaps know where is Minkyung unnie?”

 

“Ah, you’re looking for her again. I thought you’re looking for me this time.” Sejeong giggled lowly.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie. I have something important to do with Minkyung unnie. So i’ll really appreciate it if you can just tell me whether you know or not know about her whereabout instead of flirting with me.” 

 

“Ooh feisty. Me like it.” Sejeong let out her ahjussi laugh to roared. But quickly added before Yebin kill her (because the younger girl seriously looks like she was about to). “Okay okay.. Sorry, cutie pie. Don’t kill me. I'm too young to die. So yeah, i saw Minkyung with Chaeyeon in the library like 30 minutes ago. I don’t know whether they are still in there or not but you can check it by yourself if you want."

 

“W—“

 

“And the library is that way.” Sejeong pointed at the left corridor. “Just follow the path and you’ll soon see the board sign.” Sejeong grinned while showing her perfectly curved upward eyesmiles.

 

“Thank you, Sejeong unnie.” Yebin can't help but smiling back at the older girl. She might be flirty and could be kind of annoying too, but she's harmless and cute, Yebin has to admit that.

 

“Aww, you remember my name!” Sejeong squealed shamelessly, making people around them to turn their head toward her in both wonder and surprise. 

 

Yebin just laughed at the ahjussi-like girl and waved her goodbye. 

***

 

(In the university’s library)

Kyungwon was right. Minkyung looks so dead. She still smiles at her friend, Chaeyeon, is her name? But even when she’s smiling, she looks tired. When Minkyung usually always throw her smile as if it’s as easily as breathing for her. 

 

Now Yebin missed Minkyung’s old smile. 

 

Minkyung waved at her friend, seems like they already done with their discussion or whatever thing they had earlier. But Minkyung who carried so many heavy books in her hand seems to get overwhelmed with the carriage she has, stumbled and make the books she carried to fall down, scattered all over the floor. 

 

"Aish, that klutz."

 

Yebin didn’t think twice this time to run toward her to help her gathering the books.

 

*gasped* How surprise Minkyung get when she lifted her head to thank the good-hearted people who try to help her, and see the person she has been missing so much in the past week, squatting close in front of her.

“Y-Yebin? Y-you’re here?” Minkyung has to stopped whatever things she was doing just so she can take all the time she wants to look at the girl she missed so much. She really can't believe her eyes. She thought the younger girl is hating her too much to even breathing the same air with her. She thought she deserved it though.

 

“Yes, i'm here." Yebin said without lifting her head since she's still focusing to grabbing the books.

 

"B-but you said--"

 

"I said you can’t come closer to me, but i didn’t say i can’t come closer to you, right?” That sounds like a severe violation of a rule.  But Minkyung doesn't mind. Not when she can see Yebin again, and inhaling the younger girl's sweet scent again. And if only she dares to stretch out her hand, she can easily touch the girl and pull her into her embrace. But Minkyung is a coward. And Yebin too. 

 

Yebin is the first one to stand up between the two. She easily took all the books in one hand. She's indeed a on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter