That Pretty Unnie pt. 1

그 예쁜 언니 (That Pretty Unnie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minkyung-ahhh~” Kyungwon sweetly calling out to her best friend who seems busy typing down things in her laptop, another assignment nearing its deadline apparently. 

 

“What?” Minkyung shortly responded, still not removing her eyes from the laptop screen. 

 

“You know we’ve been friends, bestfriends for so long right? How long was it again? 10 years?”

 

“It’s one and a half year I think.” Minkyung easily corrected while Kyungwon just laughed it off. That’s true. They have been friends in a rather short span of time, a year something since the two first met each other as a freshman in their university last year. But they just clicked easily and get along with each other just fine until they become so inseparable like now. 

 

“Aww, but it feels like I already know you for 10 years.” Kyungwon cooed and slinging one of her arm around Minkyung’s shoulder, side hugging the girl. 

 

“Cut the crap. What is it? What do you want me to do this time?” Minkyung sighed and closed the laptop in front of her as she turned her gaze toward her best friend who sits on her right. 

 

“Hahaha, see? You know me so well. As if we had known each other for a decade.”

 

“So what is it, Kyungwon-ah?” Minkyung tiredly massaging the bridge of her pointy nose and take off her specs. 

 

“You know that i will have a date this Sunday, right?”

 

“Of course. You kept making a fuss out of it since like three days ago and you still do it now. Like how can i forget that when you literally talked about it everyday?”

 

“Hehe, sorry, you know how long i’ve been courting her. So when she finally said yes when i asked her out, how can you expect me to have a calm reaction to that?”

 

“Yeah yeah. So again, what is it? Why you keep averting that question. It starts to make me feel uneasy.”

 

“Oh chillax. You know that i love you and i won’t do anything that might cause harm to you.”

 

“I know that. And yet i kept getting into trouble because of you. Because i’m that kind of friend who will do anything to save her jerk-friend’s !”

 

“And you will save my again this time. Thank you, Minky, my bestest best friend!” Kyungwon said and hugged her friend tightly. Minkyung just rolled her eyes before she hugs the short-haired girl back. Yeah, she loves her best friend too much, even though her best friend could be kind of crazy at times. 

 

Turned out Kyungwon was asking a small favor to Minkyung. She asked her friend to look after her younger sister when she’s going out, having a date with her soon to be girlfriend, Kyungwon said. 

 

“I know you have a sister. But i never meet nor see her before. Is she like you?”

 

“What do you mean by ‘like me’?” Kyungwon chortled. 

 

“Yeah, kind of crazy and troublesome like you.”

 

“Hahaha, physically, she’s so not like me. She’s resembling my mom while i resemble my dad. I’m tall and she’s short. But we both pretty athletic since mom and dad were an athlete when they were young and it kinda run in our genes i think. And as for personality, yeah, she kinda like me. She’s bubbly, can be crazy at times, and also can be too much to handle at times. Well most of the time. She’s like me, but worse.”

 

“Then can i rethink about this?”

 

“Aw, of course NO. You have to help me, Minkyung-ahhhh. I can’t go out and left her alone. She threatened me saying she will tell on me to mom and dad if i left her alone to die in boredom. She needs someone to play with her when i can’t.”

 

“Uh.. how old is she again? 5?” Minkyung asked with hint of sarcasm that surely didn’t go unnoticed by her friend. 

 

“She’s just 3 years younger than us apparently. She’s in grade 11.”

 

“Then i don’t see why i have to look after an 11th grader?”

 

“My mom just want to make sure that her little princess is always safe and sound. Because Yebinie is pretty clumsy and reckless. She’s kind of hot-tempered too. So when she’s going out, she needs to at least have someone with her. Just in case she got into trouble, at least someone is there to save her .”

 

“I saved your too many times. And now you want me to save your sister’s too. Great just great. Might as well i sign up to be your family’s personal bodyguard or something.”

 

“Oh how i love you and your sarcasm, Minky. But anyway, thank you for agreeing to this. Really. I owe you one.” Kyungwon said seriously this time with such sincerity and gratefulness that make Minkyung to finally genuinely smiling back at her. 

 

“That’s what friends are for. And it’s not like you never returned the favor. You took care of me, you helped me out when i needed it. So yeah, guess i just have to try my best to save your  because you’d do the same for me.” Minkyung raise her palm, asking for a high-five. Kyungwon quickly complied and pulled the taller girl’s hand so she can give her a proper thank you hug. 

 

"Good luck with your date." Minkyung patted her best friend's back and she could feel Kyungwon nodded her head against her shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry, Minky. I hope i won’t get you into too much trouble. I love you, but i love that little devil too. And you, Kang Yebin, you better keep your promise.” Kyungwon inwardly said. 

***

 

(On Sunday)

 

Minkyung only ever visited Kyungwon’s home once. And when she did that, there was only Kyungwon and her maids. Her parents were out and her sister also nowhere to be seen at that time. So Minkyung technically never meet any of Kyungwon’s family member in person, only seeing them in pictures that Kyungwon showed to her.

Her parents maybe in the same age or around Minkyung’s parents’ age. While Yebin, Kyungwon’s little sister, she looks normal in Minkyung’s eyes. She looks cute even, and she has a pretty eyesmile. But hearing stories from Kyungwon about her sister, it does make Minkyung think that the seemingly innocent girl might be kind of dangerous. Unlike Kyungwon who looks dangerous at the first glance and also actually dangerous once you know her. So Minkyung is kind of curious about the real personality of Kang Yebin, Kang Kyungwon’s evil little sister. 

 

And today, Minkyung will finally meet the said girl. She must be lying if she said she’s not feeling nervous because she is. Because it will be just the two of them. Minkyung and Yebin. To spend a day, a whole day together. They are strangers to each other. How awkward their interaction will be. 

 

Minkyung could only sighed for umpteenth time that day and mentally face-palming herself. 

 

“Things that i do for you, Kang Kyungwon.” She mumbled before she takes a deep breath and pressed the bell. 

 

Shortly after the bell dinged, Minkyung can hear the sound of footsteps approaching the door before the door flung open and their eyes meet. 

 

“Ahem.. Hi? I’m Minkyung, Kyungwon’s friend. You must be Yebin?”

 

The short girl start to smile, a little at first, before her small smile turns into a grin, a very wide grin as she keeps maintaining the eye contact with Minkyung who can only blink her eyes rapidly in confusion. 

 

Honestly it kinda creep the hell out of Minkyung but she masked it and put up her calm facade. 

 

“Yeah, i’m Yebin! Nice to meet you, Minkyung unnie.” Yebin offers her hand for a handshake which Minkyung hesitantly accepted but still kind enough to shook the younger’s girl hand lightly before letting go. 

 

“Do you want to get inside? Oh sorry. I mean you should get inside because my idiot unnie kind of throwing her responsibility and passed it to you. I’m sorry for the trouble.” Yebin said with a guilty smile. 

 

“Maybe this kid is not as bad as what Kyungwon described her to be.” Minkyung inwardly thought. 

 

“It’s fine. I don’t have any specific agenda to do either today so i don’t see any problem with accompanying you today.”

 

“Thank you, unnie. You’re so kind. Can i just trade my sister with you?” Yebin seriously asked with a small pout. 

 

Minkyung had to laugh at that. She laughed so hard until her eyes start to get teary. This kid is so straightforward. A type of person who boldly said what’s inside her mind. 

 

“You’re funny, Kang Yebin. I think we can get along just fine. Now may i come inside? My legs start to ache.” Minkyung giggled. 

 

“Oh sorry! Stupid me. Let’s get inside, unnie.” Yebin stands sideways so Minkyung have enough space to walked pass her to enter the house. 

 

Yebin can sniffed a sweet scent of strawberry coming from the older girl as she walked passed through her.

 

"Thanks.” Minkyung said and give Yebin’s head a soft pat.

Minkyung is not a type of person who can easily do skinship with people, especially when they aren't acquainted well with each other yet, but she just did that little head pat out of instinct. She never had a dongsaeng since she’s the only child in her family, so she kind of have a soft spot for kids or people who is younger than her in general. 

 

“Have you eat your breakfast before you come here?” Yebin asked her guest after the guest making herself comfortable on the couch. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter