006

I Loved You MV

(A/N: Long chapter, bad spelling, no beta!!)

 

YoungHyun's skull-bashing had to catch up with him at some point, so he wasn't exactly surprised when four guys cornered him behind Building F during lunch.


It was a decent fight and he enjoyed the way his muscles stretched as they brawled, artless and chaotic, occassionally catching each other rather than YoungHyun. It lasted about fifteen minutes and ended with the class bell, YoungHyun sprawled in the dirt, content to stay there for the rest of the day, possibly the rest of his life.


He had a bruised rib at least and a split under his left eye, some scrapes on his hands and one elbow and a tear in his jeans over his knee. (He probably looked like the loser, but you should see the other guys.)


He was sure he'd managed to dislocate someone's shoulder in there somewhere. Probably.


Oh, well. He was done for today, set on skipping the rest of his classes and going home to sleep it off.


He was just mustering the resolve to get up when the sound of crunching gravel reached his ears and a shadow fell over him.


It was DoWoon, hands in his pockets and bag on his back.


"How'd you know?" YoungHyun asked, no longer hoping for a verbal answer. DoWoon looked up and YoungHyun followed his gaze to the roof.


"You just watched? Didn't think to call a teacher to come save me, maybe?" DoWoon made a blank face at him before turning and walking off.


YoungHyun sat up and watched him, expecting DoWoon to simply abandon him and slightly gobsmacked when he stopped and peered back at YoungHyun, waiting for him.


YoungHyun scrambled to his feet and followed, DoWoon continuing on his way with an exasperating nonchalance.


YoungHyun still found that attractive somehow.


They walked until they reached the bus stop, boarded one heading uptown and then walked again.


YoungHyun stuck out like a sore thumb in the very appearantly rich neighborhood, but DoWoon clearly didn't care so YoungHyun decided not to either.


The house that DoWoon stopped at was big, but not especially so when compared to its neighbors. It looked sleek and modern in a generic way, the kind of house you might describe as nice, and YoungHyun wasn't surprised to find the interior was much the same.


It almost felt like a magazine spread, like nobody actually lived there.


DoWoon kicked his shoes off near the kitchen and stepped into a pair of slippers, walking away without indicating which pair YoungHyun should take. He placed his bet on a clean white pair that was identical to the four beside it. Staff slippers maybe, or possibly for guests.


After last time, YoungHyun half-suspected he'd recieve another egg and then be shown back to the door, but this wasn't the case. Last time DoWoon had finished his drink and then left YoungHyun sitting with the trash as he made his way home, but this time DoWoon was leading him further into the house.


He trailed him up the stairs, down one hall and around the corner into another hall and finally DoWoon opened one of the countless doors and slipped inside.


It was nearly as plain as the rest of the house, but YoungHyun made note of the sound insulation on the walls, the gaming consules on the floor and the drumset in the corner and concluded it must be DoWoon's bedroom.


There were a few claw machine prizes and CDs on the shelves and YoungHyun thought the pattern of the comforter suited DoWoon but, aside from that, the room said about as much as its owner did.


DoWoon dropped his bag on the bed and wandered into a side room-- The bathroom probably, since YoungHyun could see a mirror and a sink-- Leaving YoungHyun to stand awkwardly near the door and feel totally out-of-place.


YoungHyun could hear cabinets opening and something clattering to the ground as DoWoon presumably shoved it out of the way and then reemerged with a large first-aid kit.


He sat on the floor at one end of a low table and set the box in front of him, glancing from YoungHyun to the door and then back to YoungHyun.


"You want me to close it?" DoWoon ignored his question and started unpacking the first-aid kit and YoungHyun assumed that meant yes.


He closed the door and came to sit across from DoWoon and DoWoon frowned at him, shifting his body toward the space on his left and holding a cotton swab in one hand, waiting for YoungHyun to move accordingly.


The older boy huffed at the attitude, but oblidged and sat cross-legged about a foot away. DoWoon rolled his eyes and moved closer and YoungHyun's pulse spiked as calloused fingers gripped his face and pulled him forward.


DoWoon had never come within a two-foot-radius of him or anyone else at school and suddenly his long lashes and plush bottom lip were only inches away.


YoungHyun started to sweat and stared at the wall above DoWoon's desk, clutching nervously at the fabric of his jeans.


He barely felt the sting of the antisceptic, but he was hyper-aware of DoWoon's soft breath on the skin of his cheek as he gently blew cool air over the wound. Afterwards he used a q-tip to apply the liquid band-aid solution and lightly blew on it again before repeating the treatment on the rest of YoungHyun's injuries.


YoungHyun was torn between relief and disappointment when he only got an ice-pack for his ribs, but just the thought of DoWoon's face anywhere near his torso or abdomen made his head fuzzy and his heart pound, so he figured it was for the best.


When he was satisfied with his work, DoWoon packed up his supplies and returned them to the bathroom before disappearing into another room-within-his-room.


He came back out with clothes this time and left them on the table beside YoungHyun before going back into what was presumably a walk-in closet.


YoungHyun prodded experimentally at one of the blood stains on his shirt and resigned himself to the knowledge that it was most likely unsalvageable. He sighed and picked up the clothes, heading into the bathroom to change.


The sweats fit okay, but the shirt, despite being loose, was a few inches short, hitting just above the top of his hip and YoungHyun was hyper-aware of the fact that they were DoWoon's.


'This is what his laundry detirgent smells like.' YoungHyun thought, and then: 'I'm being creepy right now.' And then: 'I'm taking too long in the bathroom, he's going to think I'm looking through his cabinets or something.'


Finally, he pinched his thigh to snap out of it and exited the bathroom with his dirty clothes folded under one arm.


DoWoon was already waiting for him, dressed in a well-worn hoodie and a pair of soft shorts. He looked utterly huggable and YoungHyun died a little inside.


DoWoon stepped into his space for a dizzying moment, only to take his clothes and start walking out. YoungHyun puttered after him like a lap-dog and DoWoon smirked.


YoungHyun could feel himself being laughed at but couldn't help his obediance.


A maid met them in one of the halls and looked rather startled to see DoWoon not only home, but also with a guest.


She looked like she was witnessing a miracle and her expression became almost comical as DoWoon handed over YoungHyun's ruined shirt and ripped pants and she assessed her master's unexpected companion.


She seemed particularly fixated on the shirt YoungHyun was wearing as she gaped at DoWoon in disbelief.


DoWoon only shrugged and passed her by. YoungHyun watched in confusion as she shook herself and carried on her way.


"Is there something special about this shirt?" He asked, but recieved another shrug in response.


They headed into the kitchen and DoWoon proceeded to load up a tray full of snacks, which he made YoungHyun carry, and then they quietly returned to DoWoon's room.


DoWoon plopped down onto a floor cushion and grabbed a controller and a bag of chips, starting a round of Super Smash Bros. that YoungHyun hadn't consented to but joins nonetheless.


They game and snack for a while and eventually another maid comes up with proper food and YoungHyun's as-good-as-they're-going-to-get, mostly-restored clothes in a brown paper bag.


DoWoon seemingly gets tired of playing games and puts on music videos instead and YoungHyun is impressed with his taste.


At some point they move to the bed and YoungHyun gets control of the TV and by the time the maid comes to collect all their dishes and trash, DoWoon has fallen asleep against YoungHyun's shoulder.


He blushes and the maid smiles, offering to switch the light off and giggling when YoungHyun accepts and thanks her. It makes him blush even darker and he manouvers himself and DoWoon to lay down properly and thinks that today has been the best and most mind-boggling day of his entire life.


In the morning he goes home and DoWoon goes to school and it's like they return to their regularly scheduled programming.


It doesn't make YoungHyun sad at all. Not even a little.


Okay, maybe just a little.



(A/N: The shirt is DoWoon's favourite and, as an only child, he's not in the habit of sharing. Ever.)