005

I Loved You MV

YoungHyun really is adorable, DoWoon thinks.


In the beginning, DoWoon was prepared to write him off as the obligatory-bad-boy from every cliche teen-drama ever, but over time he proved to be full of surprises.


The first surprise came on the first day of school.


DoWoon was early, pointlessly early, and not really understanding his own motives beyond the desire to get away from his parents and their house and their suffocating expectations. He just wanted out.


Rather pathetically, the only place he could think to go was school.


The class was empty and dim when he got there, a perfect compliment to his own mood, and he decided to just sleep. He slept a lot because of his depression and even though he knew he shouldn't, he couldn't help doing it anyways.


He just wasn't happy.


His life was dull and repetative, his future decided and the world around him never changing, never challenging. He kept waiting for something to happen, anything to break the monotonous ebb and flow of his dime-a-dozen, poor-little-rich-boy soap opera and nothing ever did.


So he slept and wandered and wasted time, impatient for it all to just be over.


A slat of uncomfortable heat fell over his face and he twitched awake with a frown, cracking one eye open just enough to be momentarily blinded by sunlight. He huffed and turned his head away, hoping to at least spare his vision.


Just as he was resigning himself to the burning on the back of his head, it disappeared.


He groggily wondered if the clouds had done him a favour, but when he took a peek he saw a very human shaped shadow obscuring his own on the floor.


He lifted his head to catch a glimpse of his saviour and found a rough-looking stranger with pierced ears, bruised knuckles and a uniform shirt draped carelessly over one shoulder.


A rebal-without-a-cause who also liked to do good deeds?


DoWoon was perplexed, wondering if it was just a coincidence, but the boy's ears were turning bright pink as DoWoon stared at him and he was looking away a little too purposely.


Besides, the way he was holding himself in exactly that spot didn't appear to be very casual. It made his neck seem tense and DoWoon snorted a little, turning away again and going back to sleep.


YoungHyun made a habit of it and DoWoon was endlessly amused.


The bright and careless smile YoungHyun showed during gym class made DoWoon want to play harder, though he was never a fan of team sports.


The unexpectedly silky resonance of YoungHyun's voice, tempted DoWoon to try singing a few bars despite his lack of confidence.


Knowing YoungHyun would be there put DoWoon into the routine of hanging out at the same places after school every day, which puzzled him by never getting old.


The faint scent of smoke that drifted after YoungHyun became endearing.


YoungHyun's not-so-subtle way of checking his reflection around DoWoon was clumsy and charming.


YoungHyun's steady rise to a C average made DoWoon want to encourage him.


DoWoon couldn't say that all of his problems were solved or that he'd suddenly found his purpose in life, but at least, YoungHyun made him enjoy things more, gave his pointless existance some colour. Made him happy, even.


He was looking forward to tomorrow's YoungHyun.