003

I Loved You MV

YoungHyun wants to know what DoWoon's voice sounds like.


He's heard DoWoon's voice exactly two times before, but not even once while speaking.


The first time he heard DoWoon's voice was in music class, a rotating elective that they only had for half a year and YoungHyun will never stop being bitter about that.


DoWoon is amazing on the drums (add that to the list of things YoungHyun pretends not to know about him) and YoungHyun's got serious skills in playing the bass, so somehow they end up sitting in one of the back corners of the room, practicing the same song as everyone else, but better and louder.


The vocalists are all huddled together on the other side of the room, trying to ignore the noise pollution happenning in between, so YoungHyun and DoWoon can't really hear them.


The lack of singers prompts YoungHyun to try a few lines, but he quickly gets embarrassed and stops. He's shocked to hear DoWoon clumsily attempting to pick up where he left off.


DoWoon singing is quiet and deep, a little flat in some places and not very good, but YoungHyun is sure his fangirls would be screaming all the same if they could hear it. Luckily, YoungHyun and DoWoon are in their own bubble and, while some of the girls occasionally glance over at them, no one is close enough or paying any real attention, so YoungHyun is the only one treated to the show.


Despite the lack of refinement, YoungHyun still finds himself utterly charmed by the off-key rumble and the way DoWoon pouts in concentration. He's sure he could listen to those same three lines on repeat for the rest of his life, however, annoyingly, DoWoon's voice gets buried by WonPil's surprisingly-well-executed high-notes as he reaches the song's .


DoWoon doesn't sing again for the rest of the semester, though YoungHyun sometimes catches him mouthing the words silently, and YoungHyun is embarrassingly dissappointed by that.


The impression of DoWoon's voice will stay with him forever, though.


The second time YoungHyun gets a taste of DoWoon's voice actually haunts him and probably haunts everyone else who was in the gym that day.


They were playing basketball, one of the few sports DoWoon will actively participate in, when Jae suddenly lobbed the ball over all of their heads, trying and failing to make a prayer and DoWoon caught the rebound.


Caught it and took his own hopeless shot and actually scored. From the opposite end of the court.


There was a moment of wide-eyed silence and then DoWoon actually laughed and YoungHyun nearly had a heart attack.


He'd seen DoWoon smirk a few times, but not a full smile and certainly not an actual ing laugh.


It was quick and breathless and a little dumb and probably the best thing YoungHyun had ever heard.


It was over in a blink though, as Jae started yammering a-mile-a-minute about how incredible that shot was and those damned fangirls started jumping around and screaming like banshees.


DoWoon, predictably, reverted to tight-lipped nodding and backing away and YoungHyun wished, not for the first time, that the rest of the world would just disappear.


An unguarded DoWoon was the rarest and most brilliant and YoungHyun savoured every moursel of it.


He just wishes he hadn't had to share it.