Pacifying Mochi

Bicker and Butter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Chanyeol carefully tiptoed along the quiet hallway of the Marketing Department on the 15th floor. He was on a mission to spy on Baekhyun at his workplace. Glancing at his Rolex, he smirked. It was nearly midnight, he was positively confident that most of his workers had already gone home. Baekhyun shouldn’t be mad at him if he accidentally caught him stalking him like this, right? Earlier that day, Chanyeol had been so devastated when his Mochi said that he was going to be sleeping at his office tonight. Chanyeol felt like his heart broke when he heard Baekhyun’s words.

 

‘He’s just an intern, is Jongin bullying my mochi?’

 

“What are you doing not finishing the task that was given to you? I specifically said that I wanted it to be done ASAP! Finish it right now, don’t even think about going home!”

 

A loud woman voice echoed throughout the whole marketing department office, startling Chanyeol from stepping further into the department’s entrance. ‘Jia,’ Chanyeol frowned. Jia was one of Chanyeol’s best workers in the marketing department. She was a perfectionist and famous for being called a witch because of her uncontrolled wrath.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Miss Jia,”

 

‘Mochi?’ Chanyeol froze when he saw Baekhyun standing right in front of Jia with his head hung low, silently taking all the nasty words that were being thrown at him. Chanyeol tightened his jaw when he saw Jia throw a stack of paper at Baekhyun and the pieces scattered all over the floor. Chanyeol badly wanted to help but he knew Baekhyun wouldn’t like it. His heart clenched in pain when he saw Baekhyun instantly get on the floor, trying to pick up the paper. The smaller held it close to his chest so it wouldn’t be dropped again.

 

“I-I’m sorry, I’ll finish it right now Miss Jia,” Baekhyun stuttered. Politely bowing at Miss Jia, Baekhyun rushed toward his desk, clumsily knocking over office furniture that was blocking his way. He finally got to his own chair but groaned in pain when his knee hit the table’s sharp edge.

 

After making sure that Jia left the office and there was not a single soul in the department, Chanyeol strode into the department and sat in the chair right beside Baekhyun. He noticed Baekhyun flinch, clearly sensing his presence beside him but choosing to ignore Chanyeol by pretending to be busy looking through the crumpled papers on his table.  

 

“Mochi,” Chanyeol murmured, hand wrapping around Baekhyun’s waist, the skin affectionately. He could see Baekhyun’s hand trembling when the smaller trying to grab a ball pen from the pen holder.    

 

“Oh, Hi, Mr. Park,” Baekhyun replied meekly, eyes still not looking at Chanyeol.

 

“Mochi, are you alright Baby?”

 

Baekhyun bit his bottom lip that was starting to shake and tears started gushing out from his eyes. He had been holding it in. Hearing Chanyeol's worried deep voice was the last straw. He didn’t want to cry, especially in front of Chanyeol. “Y-you saw that right?”

 

Chanyeol hummed and nodded, hand continuously Baekhyun’s waist. “Do you want me to wipe those tears for you, Mochi?”

 

Vigorously shaking his head, Baekhyun sniffled and quickly wiped the warm tears that were still trickling down his dusty pink cheeks. “I’m glad that you didn’t interfere, Mr. Park,”

 

Chanyeol shrugged, knowing perfectly that Baekhyun didn’t like to be babied and pampered by him when he was at work. “Not even a week you’re working as an intern in my company and here you are, poking Jia’s angry button. I must say, I’m impressed Mochi,”

 

“Well, thank you, Mr. Park. I’m good at stabbing the company CEO’s nerve button too, making him crazy is my specialty,” Baekhyun murmured.

 

Chuckling, Chanyeol ruffled Baekhyun’s hair. “Said the person that was crying minutes ago,” he teased but hissed in pain when Baekhyun grumpily elbowed his stomach. “Jongin said you’re the best intern here, didn’t Jia like you? What happened Mochi?”  

 

“N-nothing,”

 

“Pretty little liar,” Chanyeol scoffed while holding on Baekhyun’s shaking thigh. Squeezing the plush body part with his large palm, he leaned closer to whisper in his mochi’s red ear. “Your delicious thick thigh tells me you’re lying.”

 

Baekhyun blushed while pushing Chanyeol’s naughty hand away. “Fine! I was looking at your pictures over the internet CEO Park!” he rolled his eyes and shoved his phone in front of Chanyeol’s face. “Y-you look good in all these pictures, I was busy choosing which picture I should put as my phone wallpaper.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyebrow knitted looking at the pictures of him that he recently did for a magazine cover. “This whole day, all you did was looking at my pictures?”

 

Baekhyun shrugged, lips pursed into a thin line to stop himself from talking back to the not amused looking CEO Park. Chanyeol’s eyebrows deepened even more and Baekhyun knew frowning Chanyeol meant trouble, he better come up with a very good answer.

 

“It’s my fault that I’m bad at keeping track of the dateline that she gave me.”

 

“You have the real one that has been bugging to see you since this morning! You have been ignoring me the whole day!” Chanyeol complained while pushing his hair back. “I can’t believe I have to compete for your attention with my own pictures!”

 

“Mr. Park?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol grumbled.

 

“Scoot closer.” Baekhyun pouted when Chanyeol didn’t budge from his spot. Chanyeol kept on frowning, not paying attention at him at all. “Looeeyyy.”  

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips and dragged his chair closer to Baekhyun, avoiding looking at Baekhyun’s adorable face. He was really trying hard to look mad.

 

“Are we alone right now?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Yeah,” he mumbled. Chanyeol froze when Baekhyun got up from his chair and snuggled his small body into his larger one by sitting in his lap. Baekhyun hummed and rested his head on his chest. He could feel the tip of his mochi’s nose poking his neck, shyly sniffing his cologne. He knew Baekhyun liked his body fragrance so much.  

 

“I miss you too, Loey.”

 

Sighing, Chanyeol slowly caressed Baekhyun’s back. “You’ll hurt your back sitting like this mochi, you’re sleepy right?” he chuckled when he saw Baekhyun starting to ya

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter