Voices

Clueless

Mina grabbed her phone and searched for important stuffs on the internet for her date later this morning. It’s only 6:00a.m. and her excited heart woke her up.

‘Best date spots in Jeju Island’

‘Romantic destinations in Jeju’

“Wow, these are really cool places...” she smilingly rolled around the bed and took note of the said romantic destinations. “We could go here and I’ll treat him food in here and-“ She was stopped when her phone suddenly went black.

“Arrrrgh! this is really annoying!” She opened the back of her phone and took off the battery.

“Oh...why is this all wet?” The battery on her hand was dripping wet and Mina could only grunt in anger. “This is weird, I didn’t do anything to wet my handphone though.”

 

 

 

“Hey! Over there!” A man shouted.

“Hello, it’s me! Did you miss me?” A little boy’s voice pierced through his ears.

“Jackson? You are Jackson, right?” A middle-aged lady whispered coldly.

The voices kept on increasing their volume, they all talked simultaneously and they started to sound angry.

 

“Jackson! Jackson, wake up!” Gino worriedly went to Jackson as soon as he heard his heavy breathing.  

“U-uncle...” Jackson opened his eyes with a blurry vision.

“You were having nightmares again. Are you feeling dizzy or nauseous? Should I give you medicine?” His Uncle Gino asked and was on the verge of crying. Jackson held his uncle’s hands and smiled weakly, assuring him that he’s alright.

“Uncle, don’t worry. It’s not like it’s my first time having nightmares.” Jackson replied while getting up. “Are you leaving for work already?” He asked his uncle.

“Yes, but I’ll have to cancel my 9:30a.m. schedule since it’s already 10:30a.m., I don’t want to appear late in front of my subordinates.” Gino replied.

“It’s already 10:30a.m.? WHAT?!” Jackson shouted and ran quickly to the bathroom. “Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?”

“Because you usually wake up at this hour?” Gino answered.

Jackson didn’t even hear his uncle’s response since he’s already inside the bathroom.

“What’s wrong with him?” Gino whispered in disbelief with his actions.