Turbulence

Clueless

"Maybe you should take some time off, its really been tough on you these past weeks." Momo said while patting Mina's back who's crying pitifully, holding her grandmother’s emerald necklace.

These past few weeks only brought sadness to Mina. She wasn't usually like this, she's actually a cheerful sweetheart who loves people wholeheartedly, especially her grandmother. But seeing her grandmother suffer from cancer and not being able to do anything to save her frustrated her. She lost her grandmother last week and she felt that she could never be cheerful again.

 

"Would it be okay to?" Mina looked at Momo.

"Of course! We're really sorry for your loss...and seeing you suffer frustrates us," Momo sighed. "You know what? I'm gonna book you a flight to Jeju Island, and you'll be packing your things now because you will be leaving tomorrow morning." Momo added and Mina couldn’t say no.

 

 

Sunday morning and it's raining, what a great time to ride a plane to a place she's not familiar with, she sarcastically said to herself. It was literally raining cats and dogs when she left home, and thankfully didn't miss her flight.

 

The plane to Jeju was small and there weren't many people inside, Mina liked it. She liked the peacefulness of the surrounding. She slept for about fifteen minutes after the takeoff, but the turbulence woke her up. Some people were panicking, some were quietly praying and Mina, who just woke up, nervously asked one of the cabin crews on what was happening. The cabin crew reiterated that it’s just because of the bad weather, and it will be alright, but the cabin crew's body movements said otherwise.

 

 

 ‘WELCOME TO JEJU ISLAND!’ was the first thing she saw as soon as she stepped out of the airplane. They have arrived after a rough flight and the other passengers just walked down the plane like nothing happened. Mina's body felt sick, thinking that it's just caused by the rough ride earlier or maybe her emotional instability, she took a cab and searched for the inn she saw on the internet last night.

 

"Hello, my name is Mina Myoui! Is there an available room?" Mina asked the girl on the counter. The girl kept on ignoring her because of the other people inquiring. This is hopeless, she thought to herself.

 

“Excuse me, miss? Is there an available single room? I have been asking you for minutes!” Mina sort of raised her voice.

"Hello there! We were on the same flight to Jeju, I'm the inn's owner. I think there are no rooms available, it's actually peak season. But there are homey inns to the east." He said politely.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry for my attitude, sir. I see, we were on the same aisle. Thanks for the hotel suggestion, I think I need to go now and search for a place to stay.” Mina replied feeling sorry.

Mina has approximately three hours to search for an inn before sunset, and she's going crazy. Almost all the hotels and inns were already occupied and she totally understands why. Jeju’s so beautiful and the fresh air was vitalizing. She walked and walked to find an accomodation.

She grabbed her phone and called Momo. "The number you have dialed is currently not available, please try your call later." She dialed Sana's number and she can't also be reached. Mina can only sigh in disbelief.

 

It’s already 4:30pm and her feet were killing her, she’s already tired from walking and getting ignored by people.

 

 ‘CASA VIAJERO’, she squinted her eyes and saw an old yet clean-looking inn just about twenty steps away from her.

“This is it, if this inn doesn’t have an available room, I’ll be going back home!,” she said to herself as he approached the inn. He was greeted with a smile by a forty-ish looking woman, she was dressed like she was from the 80’s, vintage style, Mina totally loved it.

“Good afternoon! Do you have an available single room?,” Mina smilingly asked.

“Hello there! My name is Isabel, and yes there’s an available room for you. It seems that you’re tired?” Isabel asked with a smile.

“Yes, I’ve been searching for an accommodation for hours. Thank you! May I have the key to my room? I need to rest so bad.”

Isabel handed Mina the key and guided her to the room.

 

 

Beep—beep—beep—beep

Mina woke up from the sound of her 5:00am alarm, she thought she’s already put it off last night. It’s still quite dark as she peeked from the moist window. She feels sorry for sleeping in last night and skipping dinner, so she went to the inn’s cafeteria and ate a heavy breakfast.

“Good morning, Isabel!” Mina greeted as she saw Isabel across the room.

“Good morning! Are you going for a walk?” Isabel asked.

“Yes, I need to burn these calories fast!” Mina joked.

“But you’re already too fit. Have a good walk though!”

“Ok! Have a nice day!” Mina replied.

 

Mina stepped out of the inn with her cellphone glued on her left hand, hoping that Momo or any of her friends will call because they can’t be reached. Anyhow, she loved the surroundings and didn’t even notice that she’s walked quite a distance from the inn. She’s arrived at a place in front of the beautiful blue sea.

The warmth of the surroundings made her mind and body at ease. Mina couldn’t contain her emotions, she closed his eyes and just let the sea breeze pass through her thin body.

 

She was about to go back but noticed a guy sitting on a huge rock with his hands on his face.

 

 

And she saw him.