First Encounter

Clueless

Congratulations! You passed the entrance exam, please contact us or visit our office for further instructions regarding your enrollment. “Wait, what?” You may also go to our website, which has been written on the letterhead, for the requirements for your enrollment. “I freaking passed!”

 

“What are you talking about, Jackson? You know you can’t study far away from here! I thought we were clear with that!” Jackson’s uncle, Gino, said while crumpling the admission letter.

“But I want to study, Uncle. Please let me...” Jackson pleaded, but he knew he’s going to lose.

“Jackson, you know it would be hard for you, right? I would be glad to send you off, but it’s going to be you who’ll suffer.” Gino replied feeling bad.

 

Jackson left without saying a word. He hated his life, he hated the fact that he couldn’t live his life as freely as others. He knows he’s a little bit special, he knows his uncle cares for him so much and he’s thankful for that but he wants to live and learn like others do too.

 

Jackson has been living with his uncle Gino for eight years now ever since that frightful night when his parents decided that it would be better if he leaves home and stay in Jeju. They really did send him to Jeju, albeit that sad feeling, he felt quite relieved that he won’t be bothering his parents anymore. His parents and younger brother visit him five times a year, at least, and they give him presents and they hang out just like a normal family. Although he gets jealous of his younger brother, Bambam, he still puts on his best smile everytime they meet.

No cellular phone, no newspaper, no means of communication with the outside world, that’s how Jackson lived his life. They have a television at home but they rarely turn it on since nothing really interests them. His house is quite secluded but even so, Jackson still finds it interesting and somewhat peaceful.

 

“Why did you even try, Jackson.” Jackson whispered as he walked out.

He walked out because of frustration and he found his feet walking near the sky blue sea. He approached the blue waters and removed his bracelets, including the weird looking amulet, then he washed his hands and let the coolness of the sea water cool his head. He then sat on the huge rock not faraway from the sea, he closed his eyes and covered his face with both of his hands.

 

I’m so stupid. I should not have acted like a crazy bastard in front of uncle Gino. I feel so sorry...I should apologize and treat him dinner...

 

Jackson then stood up to go back home when he noticed a pale-looking woman, wearing just a tee and jogging pants, with her head titled, looking at him with a puzzled look.

 

 

And he saw her.