JaeJoong version

Love by train

'Ladies and gentlemen at gate two. It arrives the train towards Seoul. Please be careful at its arrival,' boosts loudly through the very full gate two of Taejeon station.

“Oh no,” I sigh under my breath when I see how stuffed the train already is, not a single window that isn't blocked by a head. I just can hope to find a free seat or at least some place where I wouldn't be squished.

“Damn, good luck in finding a seat, dude,” my friend mutters whilst whistling, knowing just all to well what kind of a fight is lying ahead of me. We say goodbye rather quickly just to buy me some more seconds in hopefully finding an unoccupied seat.

I walk from compartment to compartment, my backpack on my shoulders and curse under my breath at how full the train is. I step further through the narrow carpeted aisles, trying to not trip over the cases and backpacks some of the passengers have mindlessly placed next to their seats. I sigh deeply in frustration when I reach one of the last compartments, almost giving up to ever find a free seat in this train. My eyes lift up once they fall onto an empty seat, just occupied by a backpack which obviously belongs to the person sitting next to it, just light-brown hair visible.

“Excuse me,” I try my luck, my voice trembling a bit with the oxygen I really need to stuff back into my lungs. My glasses are heavy on my nose, some sweat drops trickling down my neck. I catch my breath when the passenger looks at me, a handsome young man, probably of my age. I bite my lip nervously, trying not to hyperventilate when he looks at me with a cocked eyebrow peeking over his framed glasses. His warm brown eyes are piercing through me, making my breath hitch. I feel as if I'm bare in front of him. Oh, so embarrassing.

“Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full,” I ask ever so shyly, pointing to his backpack and I just hope that my heart stays in my ribcage. I've never been this nervous and flustered before just because of a guy. And if you haven't figured out yet, guys are what I prefer over girls. For a rather .... good and well, very personal reason.

He looks a bit stunned at my request and I find myself staring at him, his facial features and tanned skin. His lips are formed a teasing bow, the lower one a bit fuller and I'm sure it makes his pouts look adorable. A tiny spot above his lips on the left catches my eyes, resting there and making the handsome face even more gorgeous. Oh god, JaeJoong. Stop staring. He will totally freak out when he catches you! Just .... just sit down now that he already made space for your . Now you didn't even hear his voice, you moron!

“Thank you,” I mutter as calm as I can, smiling before I stuff my own backpack onto the storage area above our seats. I slowly sit down next to him, trying to find a comfortable position when my ears catch his voice for the first time.

“No problem,” I hear faintly yet loud enough which makes me turn with a soft smile towards him. If not his smooth and warm voice has already caused goosebumps on my entire body, then his handsome smile did. I feel a shiver running down my spine as my eyes fall onto his white teeth peeking through his lips formed into a charming smile.

It is a heart melting smile and I'm sure every girl would fall for him immediately. Gosh, what would I give to know if he swings the same way as I do. But as I know my luck he would never be gay. Such a handsome guy would never fall for such a klutz like me, not to mention for a dorky and stupid one. I really wonder how my ex could put up with me stumbling over my own feet and running into a glass door - especially when I don't know where my glasses are.

I find myself staring at him when he looks at the sheets of paper in his lap. The rustling of the white sheets is vibrating in my ears, my eyes trained on his profile. He has a very handsome one, a nice jawline and I really would love to run my fingers through his light-brown locks. They seem so soft and perfect to grip onto. I sigh deeply when I reach for my iPod hidden inside the pocket of my jeans. I really need some upbeat music to distract myself from staring at him, his warm brown eyes, the bow shaped lips. I wonder what they taste like.

God, JaeJoong. Get a grip of yourself! Just close your eyes and sleep, at least pretend to do so. Such an adorable mole he has. No, JaeJoong. No! Stop dreaming about him. You can't have him anyway.

And just five minutes later I find myself again staring at him, but just the back of his head. He stares out of the window, his eyes lingering on the nature displayed in front of them. I remove my earphones when my eyes fall onto the sheets of paper in his lap - or rather it is one particular name that catches my interest. 'Analysing Dorian Gray' the headline states, and I can't seem to take my eyes off of the notes that seem to be out of a lecture about my favourite book. A student maybe? I assume so.

“Interesting?” the smooth voice remarks so close to me, startling me immensely and I jump a little in my seat. My eyes widen when I see him staring at me with an amused smile, the heat rising in my cheeks and I know that I blush. I gasp in surprise, my hand automatically finding its way to my mouth to cover it. One of my habits.

“Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to,” I stammer, burying my flushed face in my hands. That is so damn embarrassing! He surely thinks that I'm a nosy person! Well, it's true that I am but that's not necessary now.

“It's okay,” I hear him say, chuckling surrounding him and I find the courage to look at him. His smile is shining brightly and I find myself smiling back shyly. His charming smile is just contagious.

“You're a student?” I shyly ask whilst looking at him after minutes of silence, my curiousness getting the better of me.

“Yeah, literature,” he answers and I feel myself falling even deeper. He is perfect in every single way.

“Wow, that's awesome,” I remark excitedly, not able to suppress how I admire his studies. He looks a bit stunned and taken aback. I hope I wasn't too energetic now.

“Yeah, it's a lot of fun. How about you?” he asks and I can only shake my head. I'm really not meant to study something, though I'm not a lazy bum either!

“No, but I'm training in a bookshop in Seoul,” I answer him, smiling widely because I'm proud of my chosen and desired job. He seems to be a bit surprised, though I can't name what the reason might be.

“Oh, Seoul? I'm studying there, too,” he remarks and I thank the fate that led me to this place. Seriously, can the day get even better than this by spending it next to a handsome if not to say very hot man for at least two more hours? I guess I'm a lucky little thing today.

“Jung YunHo,” he introduces himself with that charming smile of his as he holds out his hand. YunHo, a wonderful name. I wonder how it feels to let it role from my tongue when I say his name.

Of course I seize the opportunity and take his hand into mine, such a warm palm he has. A little smile is tucking on my lips when his fingers are wrapped around mine, slowly shaking hands as I finally reply, “JaeJoong. Kim JaeJoong.” Well, at least I didn't forget my name.

I'm so lost in the warmth of his palm that I register too late how my iPod is slowly sliding out of my other palm, just a 'thud' reminding me of my failure in holding it. I feel the blush creeping into my face at my own stupidity, a shy smile on my lips when I reach for my iPod. I didn't notice that he bent down at the same time, my head bumping against his rather hard.

“S-sorry,” I stammer while holding onto my head, looking at him as I want to apologize. My heartbeat increases immensely when I notice how close his face is to mine, our noses almost touching. I can feel his warm breath fanning against my cheek. I flush beet red when I stare into his eyes, a light blush colouring his own cheeks.

“I-it's okay,” he mumbles, clearing his throat while sitting back. I find myself spaced out a bit, my mind not letting go of the rather intimate proximity a second earlier.

“Thanks,” I mumble shyly when he hands me my black iPod, my fingers shaking a bit as butterflies start to create a turmoil inside of me.

“I guess you like reading books, JaeJoong-ssi? You know, with you training in a bookshop and all,” YunHo starts our conversation once again and I'm glad he does. We change our positions, now able to face one another. Hmpf, I don't like that formality.

“Just JaeJoong is fine,” I reply with a smile and he smiles back, accepting my offer of a tiny familiarity. It was a success after all. Ha! Okay, calm down again, or you might this up big time.

“Yeah, I do love reading. My favourite is the one mentioned in your notes,” I babble further, feeling the heat rising to my cheeks when I remember how I sneaked a peek on YunHo's notes about my favourite book The Picture of Dorian Gray.

“You kidding me? That's my favourite, too,” he exclaims surprised and hyper. He looks like an energetic little boy; so adorable. The time afterwards is spent with us talking about the book, the beauty of its words and the entire being of Dorian Gray. We also find the time to talk about films and music that we like as well as I get to know his age. He's 22 just like me, though younger by two days. He tells me about his younger sister and I mourn about my eight older ones in return. He laughs in amusement and I swear I fell in love with his laugh at first sight - well, rather note.

'Next stop: Seoul. The train ends here.'

It is a pity that the time flew by like nothing and so I find myself reaching for my backpack, but stumbling a bit. Thanks to YunHo standing behind me I don't fall onto my but against him as he grabs my backpack for me. He is so warm. I just want to snuggle my now flushed face into his broad chest.

Not even two minutes later we stand at the gate, facing one another after our conversation kind of stopped. That means goodbye then, I guess. What a pity.

“Well,” we remark at the same time, bursting out laughing and my heart is somersaulting with the warmth emanating from his hearty laugh. I wish the day wouldn't end but I guess it can't be helped.

“Well,” I start slowly, biting nervously onto my bottom lip whilst staring at him and into his warm brown eyes. “It was very nice to meet you, YunHo,” I say with a wide smile, fumbling with both my hands with the hem of my pullover in the back nervously. Another habit of mine.

“My pleasure,” he replies, holding out his hand to shake it with mine once again. Pleasure, yeah, it indeed was a pleasure to meet him. Though I wish it could be a bit more pleasure for my liking. No, focus, JaeJoong! Focus!

“Who knows, maybe we'll see each other again,” he says while shaking my hand ever so slowly. Oh what would I give for it to happen, meeting YunHo again.

“Maybe,” I breathe, lost in the dazzling smile gracing his lips and dreaming of how it would be to meet him again.

I am the first that took his leave, sighing deeply every now and then when I walk through the bunch of people leaving and reaching the gate. I turn around every now and then, catching sight of YunHo's retrieving back. I smile to myself when he vanishes around a corner and I begin walking down the stairs, making my way to the exit closest to my apartment.

My heart jumps up and down with every thought I have about the charming guy called Jung YunHo, my entire being caught in his spell.

I hope we will meet again.