Sequel JaeJoong

Love by train

Book after book I place into each shelf arranged by genre, my fingers caressing over each back. It became a habit of mine ever since I started training in this bookshop. It had always been my dream to work here in this homey little shop and I never had been happier than when Mrs. Lee agreed to my request.

Well, that was until I met him a month ago. So many days have gone by that were filled with thoughts of him, his warm brown eyes and bow shaped lips. Oh how I would love to touch that gorgeous mole above his rosy lips.

Oh, YunHo. My Jung YunHo. What have you done to me?

The chiming of the bell at the door of the bookshop rings through the air, pulling me out of my reverie. I blink, shaking my head. I need to get these thoughts out of my head. I'm spacing out too much these days and Mrs. Lee knows why. She knows me just so well; like a mother.

“JaeJoong dear, would you like to arrange the window decoration?” Mrs. Lee asks me, knowing that I love to do this ever since I started my training here. But I know that today I will have difficulties, seeing that this week's theme is 'Dorian Gray'.

I sigh before I agree with a soft smile, her warm palm caressing my cheek. It is a habit of hers and I got used to it. It makes me feel loved.

I drown completely in my task, a layer of dark-red satin finding its way onto the window sill. I place our book into the middle of the window; The Picture of Dorian Gray. It makes me wonder, 'Does he remember me?' My eyes linger on the red satin when I disperse little sheets of paper looking as if they are burnt, when a figure rushes past the window. I look up, my breath hitches. I observe the moving figure but no, it is not him. I could have sworn it was him, but it was just an imagination.

I sigh deeply when I place the last piece of my decoration into the window, the advertisement to the newest film remake of Dorian Gray.

What would I give to witness it together with him.

*

The following day is just as filled with thoughts about him as were the days before. I lose myself in reveries about him and dream about him at night. I often dreamed about him loving me, my name being spilled from his lips in such a sensual way. Oh how I wish he would touch me the way he does in my dreams. But last night's dream was different. So different.

He was just holding me, his strong arms wrapped around my shoulders and body offering me warmth and security. His lips were kissing mine so lightly and every whispered word let my heart flutter. I'm so deeply in love with him and regret that I haven't asked for his number when we departed. It is a pity; my own fault.

A deep sigh leaves my lips when I roll around the cart filled with books I have to put into the shelves. It became a habit of mine, much to my frustration. I'm busy with arranging the books when the bell chimes its wonderful melody. A new customer.

“Welcome,” I hear Mrs. Lee greeting the person in her usually warm way. It gives her little bookshop the warmth and homey feeling I fell in love with when I stepped into her shop the very first time almost three years ago. It still has the same warm aura swaying around that makes it so easy to stay here for days.

I move around the shop, placing books back into their place and selling books when Mrs. Lee was busy herself with a new order that had just arrived.

“Honey, can you put these books into the top of the shelf, please?” she asks me and points to our mystery section after she handed me the box filled with new books.

“Sure, auntie,” I reply with a smile and walk over to the shelf where Mrs. Lee had already brought the ladder to when I had been busy with some customers. I need to be careful with not losing any of the books since I don't want it to fall down onto the customer standing next to the ladder.

Oh yeah, the ladder. Creepy little thing. I always am anxious to crawl it up since it kind of always jiggles when I stand on it. I guess it's just the clumsy me.

I carefully place the box onto the shelf before I put every single book into the top rack bay. And then it happens. I just put the last book into its arranged place when I suddenly lose my footing, the ladder jiggling under my feet.

A shriek leaves my lips when all I notice is how I fall down towards the ground, my eyes shut tightly when I prepare myself to clash onto the hard carpeted floor with my face head on. Good bye, pointy nose and plump lips. Welcome, flat crumbled face. But it doesn't happen, to my surprise. Instead I land on a warm and soft surface. Wait, it's a body! Oh my god! I fell onto a customer! How embarrassing!!

“O-oh my. I'm so sorry,” I apologize, my voice trembling in embarrassment when I lift my head to look at the one I fell onto and who actually caught me. I startle. It can't be. That tanned skin and bow shaped lips. And that mole, that cunning adorable mole. How can I not recognize him?

“Y-yunHo?” I shyly remark when his warm brown eyes lock with mine. I feel the blush creeping into my face when he smiles at me, his eyes sparkling. Oh my god! I'm lying on top of him! Not good, no. Get your off of him before you do something even more stupid!

“JaeJoongie dear, are you all right?” Mrs. Lee asks me worried when she rushes over to me and YunHo, eyeing me so intensely. She was really worried as hell. I smile softly, trying to ease my hair that probably looked like a mess. I don't like to make her worried.

“I'm fine. He- Y-yunHo caught me,” I mumble shyly, biting onto my bottom lip when I know what her reaction will be. I blush deeply when I register the mirthful smirk creeping into her face. I'm doomed.

“Oooooh~” she chimes with that mischievous smile of hers and I just wish the ground under my feet would open up and eat me whole. She knows about YunHo; she knows how much I've fallen for him. And she knows just about everything there is about how we met and what we talked about. It is so embarrassing.

She skips away, leaving me flushed behind and alone with YunHo; my Jung YunHo. I'm too ashamed and shy to open my mouth, biting onto my bottom lip when I steal a glance at him every now and then. I play with the hem of my shirt nervously, trying to calm myself and my beating heart down. I fail.

“So this is the bookshop you're training in,” he suddenly remarks and I swear my mouth falls open. Well, not literally.

“Y-you remember?” I breathe, more like to myself than for him to catch it but he does. He nods and I can't help but smile widely, turning my head away to hide it. An awkward silence falls around us and I sigh deeply, turning around to distract myself by arranging books in the shelf that had tumbled over. It is so hard. Why is it so hard to ask for his number? I don't want him to vanish once again. It is .... lonely without him even though I met him just once.

“JaeJoong?” he suddenly asks me and I startle, jumping in my spot with my heart almost leaving my chest. I slowly turn around, facing him nervously. A blush finds its way into my face when he looks at me, his own cheeks tinted a light red.

“Excuse me,” a female voice remarks next to me. I make space for the young customer when she asks me to, her destiny the books behind me. A shy smile lies on my lips when I slowly walk forward into YunHo's direction. Is this what you call fate; being drawn to one single person once you met them?

I'm so lost in my train of thoughts that I notice too late that my foot gets stuck in the ladder. I just notice when I already trip over it, stumbling forward into YunHo. I practically fall into him, sending us flying onto the ground. And then it happens. None of us is able to register it immediately, but our eyes are locked when I feel the warmth of his lips against mine in a subtle touch. I flush beet red immediately, burying my face into his shoulder when I hear Mrs. Lee chuckling in the background.

So embarrassing!

YunHo clears his throat, the low sound humming in his throat which makes my heart flutter even more.

“Uhm, well, actually I wanted to ask for your phone number but,” he mumbles close to my ear, giving me the courage to look into his eyes. His cheeks are a bright pink as mine are red like an overripe tomato.

“Well, I was wondering-”

“W-what?” I shyly ask, interrupting him before he could continue. I'm just so nervous and still lying on top of him in this awkward position on the ground was not helping either.

“Uhm, would you go out with me?” he asks, leaving me dumbstruck.

For real? He-he wants to go out with me? Oh my god! Yesyesyesyesyesyes~ I so want to go out with him. At least I can suppress my excitement by just nodding and smiling. Phew.

And then it happens again, just like this. He pulls my head down so gently and before I even have the chance to ask what's going on, I feel his warm lips brushing against mine again. They taste so wonderful that I don't want to let go, a sigh leaving my throat as I close my eyes to savour every second.

“My my, kids these days,” Mrs. Lee remarks suddenly and I startle. ! How could I forget about her!? I immediately pull away from YunHo's warm, addicting lips. Gosh, I want to taste them again.

“Nowadays it seems to be first sharing a kiss and then going on a date,” she chuckles while YunHo and I are standing up. Why does she have to tease me like that? It's not fair.

I blush the entire time when I try to write down my phone number for YunHo, noticing that his cheeks are glowing reddish, too. I really wish Mrs. Lee wouldn't have caught me and YunHo in this position. Fate can be so cruel sometimes.

“When is your shift over?” YunHo suddenly asks when I handed him the white sheet of paper containing my number. It comes so sudden that I can do nothing but stare, my mouth opening and closing with the words stuck to my tongue.

“At eight p.m.” Mrs. Lee answers for me and I can't do anything else but to bury my face in my hands. How embarrassing is that please to let someone else answer for you when your crush is talking to you?

It were still four hours; four torturing hours I had to endure filled with teasing of Mrs. Lee. I know she is happy for me, but can't she be happy in silence? Really, just like my mother.

She ushers me over to the door together with YunHo, telling me to say properly goodbye. Telling goodbye .... I don't want to tell him goodbye, but see you soon. See you soon, yeah. I like the sound of that more than 'goodbye'.

“I'll pick you up at eight then,” YunHo says with such a wide smile that causes me to blush even deeper if that is possible. I mumble back a shy 'yeah' and try to smile myself. I'm really anticipating to meet him again; to meet him tonight.

The time seems to stop when he leans in and pecks my lips once again. I'm completely dumbstruck. I wasn't expecting this at all!

“See you later, angel,” he breathes against my lips and I swear I'm about to melt. I blink several times while staring after his retrieving back; those broad shoulders.

See you later, my saviour.

I sigh deeply when I close the door behind me, leaning against it when I register what had just happened. I stumble onto the ground, thinking back to how he caught me, how we kissed accidentally the first time, how he kissed me a second time while asking me out and how he kissed me just now.

My fingers are caressing over my lips, the warmth of his pair still lingering on them.

The sweetest taste of fate ever.