Sequel YunHo

Love by train

Loud music blasts from one wall to the other when DongHae and I step into the club, searching for his girlfriend waiting for us somewhere inside. The air is filled with a thick cloud of smoke and the scent of sweat. Heaps of people are drowning to the music at the dance floor, my eyes wandering over their heads as if in search of something but I don't know what.

We walk further into the club, searching for the seats DongHae's girlfriend is waiting at and then my eyes catch sight of the black crown of a head. I observe the figure more closely from the distance, but it is not him. No, that is not my JaeJoong.

My JaeJoong has such grace in everything he does the person across the club could never cope with. I sigh deeply when I think back to the day I first have met JaeJoong. My Kim JaeJoong. I wonder how he is, where he is. Does he remember me?

“YunHo. Hey, YunHo!” reaches me faintly, ripping me out of my thoughts.

“Huh? What?” is everything that leaves my lips as I try to figure out where exactly I am right now.

“Damn, you were spacing out again. You still can't forget about him, eh?” DongHae remarks and then I remember. We're inside of a club, surrounded by blasting music and dancing couples.

“Whom can't he forget, baby?” his girlfriend asks curiously, already a bit tipsy. Oh yeah, I told him about how I met JaeJoong, the man of my dreams.

“God, YunHo. Seriously. It's been like what. A month? And you're still sitting around like a sulking puppy. You're pathetic,” DongHae says and I can hear the worry amidst his voice. A month. Has it really been already a month? Time went by so fast, days turning into weeks and weeks into months.

I leave the two not long after, feeling the urge to walk around Seoul in the middle of the night to get my head free. I walk aimlessly along the Han River, my thoughts swirling around one particular smile, one particular laugh, one particular clumsy person. Not a single day went by without a single thought of Kim JaeJoong. He was intruding my mind ever since we departed back then at the station, his name ghosting inside of my head like a mantra whenever I sit in my lecture about Dorian Gray.

I heave a deep breath when I walk further through the streets, passing closed shops and one street lamp after the other. My eyes are glued to the window of a little bookshop when they catch sight of the book displayed in it. It is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde surrounded by an advertisement of the newest film remake.

I know this bookshop. I've been here every now and then, the last time when I bought my own exemplar of this book almost a year ago. It is a really homey shop, neat and tidy and the staff members are very kind.

My eyes are fixed to the cover of the book, my fingers touching the cold surface of the window when I drown in my memory. He loved this book; every single word was beautiful for him and a pleasure to read.

I still can recall the expression of his face when he talked about the book, how sad he was when Dorian turned into a murderer and how he still was so fascinated by every word and happening. The beautiful smile gracing his lips when he laughed hidden behind his hand and his wonderful husky voice. Everything was deeply engraved inside of my mind; my heart.

My eyes widen when I see his reflection in the window, that wonderful smile and his chuckling reaching my ears. I sway around in the split of a second, but there is no one. No JaeJoong. I palm my face while sighing. It was just an imagination.

I take a very deep breath before I continue my walk home, kicking non-existent pebbles on my way.

What have you done to me, Kim JaeJoong?

*

The next day is not better either. I heave a deep sigh when I sit lifelessly on a bench, my head thrown back and eyes trained on the sky. My mind is still occupied with JaeJoong, even my dreams are invaded by him.

I start walking without any sign of aim, just dragging my feet over the ground when I remember the dream of last night. It wasn't in the least innocent, no. My fingers are trembling when I remember how they caressed JaeJoong's skin, how they glided up and down every patch of it. Goosebumps appear on my skin hidden under my clothes when I recall the way JaeJoong arched into my touch, breathed into my ear and called out my name in such a sensual way.

It wasn't the first time I dreamed of him in this kind of way but last night was so much more intense that I still could feel the heat between our bodies; could still hear him my name.

“Aish,” I curse lowly under my breath when I still can't seem to forget about it. I kick a pebble away that lies in front of my feet and hear how it lands against a stony wall. I look up and notice that I once again stand in front of the little bookshop with the advertisement of Dorian Gray in its window.

I sigh and enter the little homey shop. Maybe the books inside can help me to distract myself from the vixen intruding my mind. I'm seriously caught in his spell; heart, mind and soul.

The sound of a bell chimes through the air once I open the door, the owner of the shop greeting me warmly. She is an older woman, probably in her mid forties, and always there for her customers when they need something or are in search of a special book. I walk aimlessly through the aisles of shelves filled with books, my eyes wandering over each back of a book that seems to be interesting. I found myself in the mystery section, my eyes always again drifting to that one particular book. I sigh.

“Honey, can you put these books into the top of the shelf, please?” I hear the owner faintly say. She probably was speaking to one of her employees.

“Sure, auntie.”

I notice a figure moving up the ladder standing next to me, but I don't really notice. I'm so caught up with my thoughts about him whilst grazing over the cover of our book that I notice too late how the ladder next to me is jiggling a bit.

A shriek is everything I hear before something - or rather someone - crashes down on me. I still had the chance to catch the person before we both land on the ground with a 'thud'.

“O-oh my. I'm so sorry,” the person on top of me apologizes softly. That voice. I know this voice and this warmth. I open my eyes and they lock with a dark-brown pair staring back at me, the same bewilderment written inside of them as in my own.

“Y-yunHo?” he asks and I can't help but just stare into his face. I found him, finally I've found my Kim JaeJoong. I smile goofily into his face and notice how he blushes, wiggling a bit before he tries to stand up.

“JaeJoongie dear, are you all right?” the older woman asks worriedly, eyeing the flustered JaeJoong carefully. He looks very cute with this messy hair of his.

“I'm fine. He- Y-yunHo caught me,” he mumbles while biting his bottom lip, trying to suppress the blush creeping into his face but he fails. I just can smile at his cuteness.

“Oooooh~” the older woman chimes with a mischievous smile before she happily skips away, leaving a flushed JaeJoong behind. I can't help but feel that she knows me for whatever reason it might be.

An awkward silence surrounds us when he just keeps staring at me every now and then, nervously biting on his bottom lip and playing with the hem of his shirt.

“So this is the bookshop you're training in,” I remark and he looks at me surprised.

“Y-you remember?” he breathes dumbfounded, smiling widely when I nod while turning his head away to hide it from me but I still catch it. I notice the deep breath he heaves when he turns towards the shelf, arranging some books that were lying inside of it.

I silently sneak up to him, heaving a breath for what I want to ask. This time I don't want him to vanish out of my life without knowing his number; without having the chance to meet him again.

“JaeJoong?” I ask softly and he jumps up nervously, slowly turning around to look at me. I feel heat rising into my cheeks when he looks at me. Now or never.

“Excuse me,” a female customer remarks and asks JaeJoong to step aside since she wanted to have better access to the shelf behind him. He smiles shyly when he makes space, his foot getting stuck in the ladder which causes him to trip.

He falls directly into me, sending both of us flying to the ground. It happens all so fast that both of us don't know what's going on. My eyes are widened when I feel his warmth on top of me, the warmth of his lips pressed against mine so lightly. I clear my throat in light embarrassment, my cheeks tinted in a light pink when I hear the older woman chuckling at our display, JaeJoong's beet red face hidden in my shoulder. We are still lying on the ground in a rather comfortable embrace.

“Uhm, well, actually I wanted to ask for your phone number but,” I mumble shyly, his big brown eyes staring at me when he finds the courage to look up again. “Well, I was wondering-”

“W-what?” he shyly asks, interrupting me before I have the chance to continue.

“Uhm, would you go out with me?” I ask with a shy smile and he blinks in confusion, seconds flying by before a dazzling smile slowly creeps into his face followed by an even deeper blush as he nods.

And I can't stop myself when I gently pull his head down to capture his warm full lips with mine once again. They are so soft when they brush against mine, the soft sigh leaving his plump pair so wonderful to my ears.

“My my, kids these days,” suddenly reaches my ears, causing JaeJoong to pull away from my lips with a deep blush colouring his cheeks. “Nowadays it seems to be first sharing a kiss and then going on a date,” the owner of the store remarks chuckling all the while JaeJoong and I stand up again.

Under teasing from the older lady, more blushes from JaeJoong's and even my cheeks, I receive JaeJoong's phone number. I smile goofily when I stare at the little white sheet of paper with his wonderful handwriting on it.

“When is your shift over?” I ask with glistening eyes, not wasting a second since I really would love to go out with him like right now. He blushes and opens his mouth to say something but closes it soon again. So adorable.

“At eight p.m.” Mrs. Lee, the owner of the bookshop, replies with a smirk, answering for JaeJoong who buries his face in his hands.

Eight p.m. Still four hours I have to wait. Oh well, I don't mind. Mrs. Lee ushers JaeJoong together with me to the door, telling him to say goodbye properly. I swear if I didn't know that she was his boss then I would mistake her for his enthusiastic mother.

“I'll pick you up at eight then,” I say with a wide smile, earning a shy mumbled 'yeah' from him as well as his dazzling smile. I lean in and peck his lips softly once again, startling him just a bit.

“See you later, angel,” I breathe against his lips which makes him blush even more. I smile to myself goofily when I walk away from the shop, heading towards my home to get dressed properly for our first date while thinking of his wonderful kisses.

The sweetest taste of fate ever.