YunHo version

Love by train

'Ladies and gentlemen at gate six. It arrives the train towards Seoul. Please be careful at its arrival,' boosts loudly through the rather empty gate six of Taegu station.

“Finally,” I mutter to myself, glancing at my wrist watch. I've been waiting for ten minutes, the train being a bit late by five. It's damn cold here and way too early for me.

“Come back home safely, oppa,” my sister says goodbye whilst giving me a bone-crushing hug. Since when had she gotten that strong? Living all by herself had really changed her.

“I'll call you when I arrived,” I promise, as always. She definitely would freak out if I didn't do so.

Not even five minutes later I sit inside of the train on a rather comfortable seat directly next to a window. Thank god the train wasn't that full yet. It would be damn stressing to find one single unoccupied seat the later it becomes. Believe me, I know it. And like always my sister waves hysterically once my train is departing, giving me that goofy smile I love so much on her face. It's really nice to visit her every now and then when we both have some kind of vacation. Too bad mine is already over again, but yeah, university is calling for a new semester.

I try to find a comfortable position to sleep in since a long journey of several hours is lying ahead of me. It's not that easy but I still manage to doze off for a few minutes. In the corners of my lidded eyes I notice how the train is filled with masses of people with every stop we pass, but I don't really register it. I am half-asleep after all. The journey is rather smooth; no long waiting times at the stations we're stopping at nor bickering of nerve-wrecking children. I even find the time to go through the notes of my favourite lecture once I gave up sleeping. The bridge of my glasses is heavy on my nose, though I still love to wear them despite the fact that I have to whenever I read something.

'Next stop: Taejeon. Exit in direction on the right.'

Bustling is filling my ears when we reach the next big stop, though I don't really notice. I still have some hours lying ahead of me and am way too caught up with my notes to notice any of my surroundings.

“Excuse me,” reaches my ears ever so softly, ripping me out of my notes about one of my favourite books. Oh, haven't I mentioned it before? I'm a literature student, and not even bad at that. I look at the origin of the soft voice that addressed me and I feel as if the time stopped once my eyes fell onto .... him. A gorgeous male, and yes, before you even have the chance to ask: I'm gay, through and through. Sorry girls, but that's just the way it is. But anyway, back to the gorgeous creature that stands next to my seat, looking all flustered and a bit nervous as it seems. Black-framed glasses are sitting on his pointy nose, teeth biting slightly onto his plump bottom lip. His eyes are big and coloured a deep brown, the enchanting orbs looking pleadingly at me when a melodious voice leaves his plump strawberry-red lips.

“Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full,” he asks, a shy smile scurrying over his lips when he points at the seat occupied by my backpack.

I catch myself spacing out for just a second as I stare onto this enchanting smile gracing his lips. “Oh, sure,” I finally manage to say. Good choice, YunHo! I grab my backpack and stuff it between my legs, making space for the young man who seems to be as old as me.

“Thank you.” There it is again, that dazzling smile. I'm so caught up with it that I just react when he already sits next to me, his backpack stuffed onto the storage area above our heads.

“No problem,” I mumble with a smile just loud enough for him to catch my words. He gives me that shy, dazzling smile of his and I find myself drowning in it even more.

He looks even more enchanting from close up than from the short distance earlier. His skin is paler than my own, probably as soft and smooth as the one of a baby and decorated with several beauty spots. The scent of fresh roses is surrounding him, his black hair glowing under the sun that falls through the window onto him. It reaches just beneath his earlobes, framing his beautiful facial features perfectly and gets shorter in the back which reveals his neck and birthmark decorating it for my eyes to see. His ears - or rather the left one close to me - are pierced with several earrings, shimmering every now and then when the sunlight brushes against their surface. I try to take my eyes off of him, training them on my notes but I find myself staring at him every few minutes. Soft upbeats are blasting out of the earphones stuffed into his ears, his head resting against the headrest and eyes closed. He looks like an angel, dozing next to me.

I catch myself sighing every now and then, spacing out whilst looking out of the window - or to be exact: his reflection. My eyes widen a bit when I catch him staring at my notes with so much interest that I have to chuckle. And I don't mind it at all.

“Interesting?” He looks startled when he registers that I caught him, his cheeks turning red by the second and a hand covering his lips. He looks like an adorable puppy.

“Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to,” he stammers all nervous and flustered, his earphones dangling by his sides when he buries his face in his palms. I just can't help but chuckle in amusement. He's really cute.

“It's okay,” I reply with a smile and he smiles shyly back at me. Silence surrounds us until I hear that wonderful voice of his once again.

“You're a student?” he asks, cocking his head to the side to look at me whilst speaking.

“Yeah, literature,” I answer, noticing that sparkle in his eyes as if he admired it. Nah, YunHo. Stop dreaming, man.

“Wow, that's awesome,” he states excitedly, if I may say that.

“Yeah, it's a lot of fun. How about you?” He shakes his head at my question, smiling before he answers me, “No, but I'm training in a bookshop in Seoul.”

Seoul. Wait. Does that mean he will sit next to me for the next maybe two hours? Yes, jackpot. Okay, YunHo, calm down and don't this up.

“Oh, Seoul? I'm studying there, too.” Well, at least you didn't make a complete fool out of yourself.

“Jung YunHo,” I introduce myself. Well, why not seizing the opportunity while you can?

“JaeJoong. Kim JaeJoong,” he remarks with a soft smile. A beautiful name for a dazzling beauty. Suits him perfectly. We shake hands and as I have assumed his skin is soft and smooth, the touch warm. A soft 'thud' surrounds us when the black iPod falls out of his hands, his fumbling fingers not able to grip on it. A shy smile rests on his lips, his cheeks stained a light red at his own clumsiness. I bend down, fumbling for the black object and don't notice that he does the same. Our heads clash together in the split of a second, a dull pain coursing through mine.

“S-sorry,” he apologizes ever so softly, causing me to look at him. I feel my own breath hitch, my heart stopping to beat when I register how close to his face I am. I feel the heat rising to my cheeks when my eyes lock with his dark-brown ones.

“I-it's okay,” I stammer, clearing my throat as I sit back onto my seat. I silently give him his iPod back, earning a shy and mumbled “thanks” in return.

“I guess you like reading books, JaeJoong-ssi? You know, with you training in a bookshop and all,” I try to start the conversation again to overcome the awkward silence. I shift in my seat to find a comfortable position, noticing that he does the same. We now are facing one another.

“Just JaeJoong is fine,” he offers, and who could possibly say 'no' to this kind of offer when you receive such a warm and dazzling smile?

“Yeah, I do love reading. My favourite is the one mentioned in your notes,” he states, a light blush decorating his cheeks when he mentions the notes of my favourite lecture. They are about Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray.

My eyes widen in bewilderment. It is the first time that I meet someone else that loves this book. Well, next to my professor and the bunch of students that take part in this lecture.

“You kidding me? That's my favourite, too,” I remark and we find ourselves spazzing about it for at least half an hour before we drift off to films, music and whatnot. I find out that he's 22 and older than me by two days. I tell him about my younger sister and he in return about his eight older ones. The time flies by like nothing when we talk about this and that while I'm drowning in his warm eyes and entire being.

'Next stop: Seoul. The train ends here.'

People are slowly bursting out of the train as I help JaeJoong with his backpack. We chat a bit more at the gate, surrounded by bustling people. Somehow I really don't want this to end yet, but I guess it has to, no? What a pity.

“Well,” we remark at the same time, bursting out laughing and I can't seem to get tired of the way JaeJoong covers his mouth with his hand whilst laughing.

“Well,” JaeJoong starts this time, biting his lower lip as he stares at me. “It was very nice to meet you, YunHo,” he says, beaming when he hides his hands behind his back, looking as if his fingers were playing with the hem of his pullover.

“My pleasure,” I reply, beaming back at him before I hold out my hand to touch his once again. “Who knows, maybe we'll see each other again,” I remark as we shake hands, his eyes staring into mine with a beautiful smile gracing his lips.

“Maybe,” he breathes, almost whispers with such a soft and gentle expression that makes my heart melt with emotions.

I stare after his retrieving back once he said goodbye, following his every step with my eyes. He ever so slowly drowns in the masses of people leaving or reaching the gate, only the top of his head visible until I turn towards my own leave.

I turn around every now and then, catching sight of his black hair when he reaches the stairs. I smile to myself when I finally turn back towards my own direction after he vanished completely, slowly walking towards the stairs that lead to the exit closest to my home.

I sigh deeply when I think of the dazzling beauty called Kim JaeJoong.

I hope we will meet again.