Chapter 2

Sea Of Love

"You're late, Kim Taeyeon." The Sea King said as he signaled a servant to place a bowl of grapes in front of him.

"Sorry I was-"

"Didn't your younger brother send a warning earlier that it's our reunion dinner with your father?" The Sea Queen, Taeyeon's step mother, questioned in an angry tone.

"Sorry." Taeyeon said sheepishly with her head hung low. She took a seat across the end side of the table facing opposite of her father. 

"Have you been hanging out with that lowly servant mermaid? What's her name?Stephan?" 

"It's Tiffany, mother. And no she isn't a servant. She's the mermaid princes-" 

"Whatever. You're the future sea crown and making friends with such lowly creatures will only bring disgrace to the family." The Queen continued. She always threw jabs at Taeyeon to try to pull her down. 

The Queen thought her son was the only one of the King's children that was worthy of being proud of. She believed he should have been next in line to inherit the sea crown, but the rules of the sea dictated that the eldest would be the future sea king. 

"I heard that you haven't been doing your job lately. It seems that the sea has been calm for almost a month. Kim Taeyeon I did not teach you to be this weak while I was away." The Sea King chided as he gazed sharply at Taeyeon who felt miserable.

Reunion dinners weren't Taeyeon's favorite past time. She hated them. 

Her father used to love and cherish her before her mother was gone. All of that changed when her step mother came into the picture and took everything that mattered to Taeyeon away from her.

"Just look at your younger brother, Jiwoong. He has been creating huge waves and successfully scared those mortals off from our sea. He has done us proud." The Queen smiled towards the Sea King who was impressed by his son's progress.

"You should be more like your bro-" 

"THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD ENOUGH! WHY DON'T YOU JUST LET JIWOONG TAKE THE ING THRONE THEN?!" 

Taeyeon's outburst made everyone in the room gasp in shock as she harshly got up from her seat and stomped out of the dining hall, bumping into her brother on the shoulder on the way out.

"Hey!" Jiwoong shouted, but didn't receive any response other than Taeyeon sticking up her middle finger as she walked away. 

That was an insult Taeyeon learnt from the human world.

-

Taeyeon was burning with anger. How she hated her family so.

Her eyes glowed red as she rose up from the sea and struck the earth in anger. She used her trident to stir up multiple tidal waves and created huge sea storms 

"I'll give you what you want." Taeyeon roared in frustration. The clouds, once white, turned black and huge waves could be seen far and wide. All the nearby sea creatures swam away and sought shelter. 

Kim Taeyeon wasn't a God to be messed with.

-

"Jessi let's go." Tiffany, the mermaid princess, ordered as she tried to drag her best friend away. Jessica was a Sea Goddess that was visiting their sea country.

"But I want to get those pink pearls for Mrs. Hwang. She'll love it." Jessica said in delight as she swam towards a nearby clam shell.

"It's getting late and I think there's a sea storm." Tiffany gestured Jessica to take her hand but, being a stubborn Goddess, Jessica ignored it.

"A sea storm won't hurt us. Besides, I'll be fast." Jessica ensured the mermaid with a smile that made Tiffany's heart sink and decided to pick up some pearls for her beloved mother instead.

"Fine. Just be quick."

-

"Oh ho! Idiot mortals in my sea. How dare you!" Taeyeon yelled as she raised her trident and cast a huge wave that crashed into the fisherman's boat.

"Help!" The fisherman cried in fear as he drowned in the sea.

"You'll pay for taking my fish away." Taeyeon roared destroying the boat into pieces.

-

"These are beautiful." Tiffany said in awe as she admired the collected pearls.

"I know. We can make a necklace out of them." Jessica replied while going through the pearls in her hands.

"Mommy's going to LOV-JESSI WATCH OUT!!" Tiffany screamed after realising a long piece of wood was flying straight towards Jessica, but it was too late. The wood crashed onto Jessica's legs causing the Goddess to be injured.

Tiffany quickly hurried to Jessica who was now bleeding due to the sharp wood piercing through her skin.

"Tiff, w-will it leave a mark?" Jessica sobbed, fearing for the worst.

This was an important question because Goddesses aren't supposed to have any scars or marks on their beautiful skin. If they do, they won't be a Goddess anymore.

"No, it won't. Don't cry, Jessi." Tiffany cried as she embraced the crying Jessica in her arms and hugged her best friend tightly.

"I hate your Sea God." Jessica choked out in between sobs.