Chapter 4

Sea Of Love

The sea roared loudly and the waves became more shaky as the sea breeze gently swept across Jessica's skin, making the Goddess shiver due to the sudden coldness.

"Taeyeon?" 

Jessica had thought maybe Taeyeon was nearby. She thought it was strange how whenever Taeyeon was near, the sea waves roared a little louder than usual.

Legend said that Gods often attracted the current of waves, but Jessica found it ridiculous because the only thing a Goddess like her was able to attract were fish and an annoying Dolphin God who was halfway in the water, whining loudly.

"C'mon, Sica I'll take you for a ride."  The Dolphin God said as it gestured Jessica to sit on its back.

"No, Yul. I'm busy." Jessica sighed, trying to shoo Yuri away. She was busy trying to finish the pearl necklace she was making for Mrs. Hwang. She didn't have time to fool around.

But Yuri was persistent.

"Come on! It'll be fun. You used to like it when I gave you a ride."

"Not anymore." Jessica replied as she tried to focus her attention on finishing the pearl necklace.

"Why?" 

"I do not want others to see my scar."

"But you're still beautiful." Yuri insisted while smiling, trying her best to win Jessica over so they could have some fun for the day.

"Yuri, please." Jessica snapped as she gave Yuri a stern look. Yuri took the hint to swim away before the Hell Goddess rose.

"Fine, I'll go now. See you later then." Yuri whimpered while having a disappointed look on her face. She transformed from human self into her true form: a huge golden dolphin. Yuri swam away, leaving behind Jessica who sighed alone.

-

Jessica hummed to herself as she smiled at her work. 

"Mrs. Hwang is going to love this." Jessica said while staring at the pearl necklace in her hands. The pearls glimmered in the sun rays and looked breathtaking.

"I wonder if Tif-"

Suddenly Jessica's field of vision went dark and she felt wet yet warm hands covering her eyes.

There was only one person she could think of that played tricks like this.

"Didn't I already say that I'm not going on a ride with you?" Jessica said sternly.

Yuri and her pranks never get old, Jessica thought. 

But then Jessica heard a chuckle; a chuckle that didn't belong to Yuri, but to someone else.

"Tae-Taeyeon?" 

"Surprise!" Taeyeon said giggling as she jumped out from behind Jessica and walked in front of the other girl.  Taeyeon was showing her dazzling smile and cute dimple that Jessica had missed for a day.

"What brings you here?" Jessica questioned, but seeing how Taeyeon was smiling from ear to ear made all of Jessica's worries fade away.

"Look." Taeyeon said excitedly as she raised something in her hand high up. 

What Jessica saw shocked her.

"The-the golden seaweed but how?" 

"Well, I did something good today and the God wanted to repay me so I told them I would like a golden seaweed in return." Taeyeon lied. She actually waited for the opportunity to sneak into the garden when her brother had went out, seized the first opportunity that was available, and took the seaweed.

-
Taeyeon gently patted the golden seaweed on Jessica's leg with her hands, making sure that it didn't fall off. In order for its healing powers to work, it had to stay in place. At least, that's what Taeyeon read when she did some research on the seaweed.

After a few moments, the seaweed began to glow faintly. Jessica was surprised. So surprised that she momentarily forgot what was going on because she found the sight in front of her to be beautiful.

Then in an instant, the pain that Jessica felt before vanished. The seaweed stopped glowing and returned to its previous state.

"I think it's done? How do you feel?" Taeyeon asked. She had never witnessed the healing properties of the seaweed in person, so she wasn't sure if everything was all right or not.

"The pain...it's gone". Jessica said.

Taeyeon slowly took off the seaweed to see if it erased the scar. 

Jessica gasped.

The scar that she thought would ruin her life forever was gone. She was back to normal.

"Woah!" Taeyeon was amazed by the miracle as she stare at Jessica's  leg never realising that Jessica was smiling softly.

Their faces were only a few centimetres away. Jessica could smell Taeyeon's ocean scent which Jessica found alluring. 

It almost made her think weird thoughts that she had to shake her head to get her mind off of them.

That action was noticed by Taeyeon. She thought that seeing Jessica lost in her thoughts was a cute sight and, without realising, Taeyeon had went in to capture Jessica's soft lips.

Waves came crashing in slowly and the gentle ocean breeze blew against their skin and heated up their passionate kiss. Taeyeon was happy that Jessica had felt the same way after feeling that the Goddess had returned the kiss back, welcoming Taeyeon's tongue in her.

"I think I like you." Taeyeon confessed after both of them took a moment to catch their breath from their kiss.

"Me too." Jessica shyly replied. Taeyeon pinched her cute nose, causing Jessica to whine in protest.

-

"My Princess, would you like to go for a walk?" Taeyeon asked as she offered her hand which Jessica gladly took. She chuckled due to the sudden nickname.

They decided to take a walk nearby the deserted beach and held hands as they enjoyed the cool breeze.

"I wonder if you're a God yourself?" Jessica blurted out after realising whenever Taeyeon was near the water, the waves seemed to roar a little higher.

"Eh?" Taeyeon almost had a heart attack, wondering why Jessica was suddenly asking such a question. She wasn't ready to tell Jessica the truth.

"I know I'm  just being silly, but I can't help to notice how the waves are crashing a bit different."

"That's because you're a God yourself. A beautiful Goddess." Taeyeon cooed, cupping Jessica's face as she gave a peck on her forehead.

"You're so cheesy." Jessica laughed and pushed Taeyeon away after seeing how Taeyeon had wanted to kiss her again. That caused Taeyeon to sulk.

"Look! It's a beautiful seashell!" Jessica yelled in excitement as she picked up the white shell which almost looked like a shape of a heart.

"Still not as beautiful as you." 

"Oh Taeyeon!" Jessica chuckled when Taeyeon had pulled Jessica in for a hug and successfully stole another kiss.

"I could never get bored kiss-" 
Before Taeyeon could continue her pick up line, a voice stopped Taeyeon in her tracks.

"Taeng?" 

"Yul?" 

Taeyeon and Yuri eyes almost popped out of their sockets when they made eye contact. 

Yuri was even more shocked at what she was seeing. What was the Sea God even doing at a deserted place like that? And did Taeyeon just kiss Jessica?

"You guys know each other?" Jessica asked, confused at what was going on.

Taeyeon's eyes darted back and forth between Yuri and Jessica. She started to panic. What should she say? She wasn't ready to tell Jessica who she really was. That probably would've happened later on, not the same day she confessed her feelings for the other girl.

Fate was cruel.

"Yes, Yuri is..." Taeyeon trailed off, struggling to come up with something to say.

"Taeyeon is the future Sea God." Yuri blurted out before Taeyeon could stop Yuri from exposing her.

"A WHAT?!"