five

Memoirs of an Unattached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE PERFORMANCE DAY!

 

The halls of the campus are booming with cheers and exciting chatters of the whole student body. The icky couples are as usual seen at every corner of the campus doing their stuff but today it escalated. Some can be seen touching their partner’s sides and exchanging pecks in the cheeks. For Pete’s sake! They are in public.

But I don’t have all the time to get annoyed with the public displays of affection that are unfolding before my eyes. I must focus on our set for tonight. We were tasked to be the opening performance for the homecoming party to lift up the mood of the party. We decided to sing Roll Deep first then Mr. Mr. and last but definitely not the least, Wedding Dress. For the past few days, the band has experienced a lot of things from despair to contentment, from sadness to excitement. We were quite proud of ourselves because we managed to come up with a set of three songs in just a week. This was the shortest preparation time we’ve ever experienced in our band’s career. We’re just really lucky because we all have the same passion so no one even dared to give up.

 

*phone vibrating*

 

“Yoboseyo?”

“Jen! It’s me Mino.”

“Sup bud”

“I bumped into Bobby a while ago and he told me to meet everyone at the parking lot right now. It’s very important he said.”

“Why can’t he just text all of us?”

“Doesn’t matter. Just show up later okay?”

“Okay okay. See yah!”

 

I hang up and slipped my phone in my pocket. I bid goodbye to Lisa then brisk walked my way to the parking lot. I checked my watch to see what time is it and I am shocked as hell when I realized that we only have three hours before the show. I panicked and ran to the parking lot only to see everyone already there in front of a huge truck.

 

“Sorry b-bumped into Lisa” I said between heavy breaths.

“It’s okay. So now we’re gathered up. I wanna share a very important news to you guys.” Bobby said.

“Spill it!” Mino replied excitingly. Bobby smirked and pointed at the huge truck behind him.

“See this truck? We’re gonna perform in here.”

“Wait what?” I said dumbstruck.

“What the hell? How can we climb up there?” Hanbin scoffed and Bobby glared at all of us.

“Can you please let me finish?”

We all fell into silence.

“Thank you. Do you know those fancy on the road kind of tours where they ride a truck that gets converted into a stage? Well this awesome piece of work is exactly the same as any concert tour truck. I already loaded our instruments and other stuff in the truck and guess what? We get to have our own concert poster as well! This truck was gifted to us by none other than the person behind our band. Mr. Bang, our Music teacher.”

“Wow this is awesome!” Mino screamed.

“Hell yeah! Can’t get wait to get in!” Hanbin jumped like an excited rabbit.

“Can we go in? pretty please?” I bat my eyelashes on Bobby and he chuckled then nodded.

“All aboard!”

 

Bobby guided us at the back of the truck. He called the truck driver to ask him to open the back door of the truck for us. The moment the door was opened, all we can see was darkness and a sheer beam of light from the top of the truck. Bobby hopped in and clicked a switch and that’s when the wonder began.

 

All our jaws dropped when the lights were . We can all see the huge spotlights and lightings used in a typical concert there. Our instruments are clearly laid on stage, the speakers were huge and I can’t get wait to be swept away by it booming sound. But what really striked us the most was the beautiful gigantic colorful poster of us pasted on the back of the stage. Everyone took a moment of taking all of this in. Everyone was evidently in awe and excited.

The poster is so beautiful. Everyone was there, Mino, Bobby, Jinwoo, Hanbin and I at the center of the poster. I was amazed on how perfectly crafted the poster was. It’s like we’re really on tour. The dates, the pictures of us, the band name “The Crazy Youngsters” were all there. This must have been the start of our real journey as a band.

 

“This is so amazing. Mr. Bang is the man!” Hanbin cheered.

“I am so happy omg. The poster is breathtaking. Can I take it home?” I giggled and all of us fell into fits of laughter. The band situated themselves on their respective posts. Me, behind the mic stand, Mino on the right side with his bass guitar, Jinwoo behind his keyboard, Hanbin on guitar and Bobby was already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter