Chapter 4 : He's The Devil

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 2nd day of 2nd year high school for Mark. As expected, he got late on his first class of the day, missed the short quiz given by their professor on the first 15 minutes of the class, and he was sent out by the professor when he got caught sneaking in, eventhough he's already 30 minutes late and was already considered absent. He had no choice, but to wait in the corridor for his next class to start. A few minutes later...

 

 

"Na Jaemin! Out!" He got surprised to hear the professor shout inside.

 

"Okay. Okay. Calm your heart, Sir. Life's short. Don't make it shorter." A familiar chuckle answered in reply. The classroom door rolled open and out came a smiling Jaemin, carrying his backpack on one shoulder. Mark looked at him with a disbelief expression. "Hey there, boyfriend -winks- " 

 

"Did you just- What the hell, Na Jaemin?"

 

"He wanted me out, Mark. That's what it is. Why should I force myself into someone who doesn't even want me inside in the first place? Basic." Jaemin sneered.

 

"You've gone totally mad. I knew it. I'm telling your mom." 

 

"Sssshhhh. Nobody's telling nobody, Mark. Now, let's go play soccer for a while. I heard there would also be tryouts tomorrow since many in the team had already graduated. Everybody's in class, so I'm pretty sure the fields are all ours. We're not missing this chance again like last year, are we?" Jaemin grinned as he put his arm over Mark's shoulder.

 

"I hate to admit this, but you're annoyingly right about that. Kaja!" Mark, in turn, also put his hand over the other's shoulder, and they skidded away, not caring if their professor still wants them in his class or not.

 

 

=//=

 

 

Mark and Jaemin reached the soccer field, resting their palms on their knees as they pant in exhaustion from running. They were running so hard because along their way to the soccer field, they almost bumped into Mr. Kim, the Prefect-Of-Discipline, who was roaming around the corridors that time. And stealthily, they managed to get away from him without getting caught.

 

"That was really close, but at least we made it tho." Mark huffed for air between his knees.

 

"Yeah, but we're not the only ones who made it too tho" Mark looked up to Jaemin who was smiling really wide while looking at something far ahead. He turned to see what his bestfriend was looking at and almost fell head first on to the ground for what he saw. Donghyuck was there playing tricks and practicing techniques with a soccer ball on the middle of the field. Mark didn't expected Jaemin to take steps forward, making it too late for him to stop him. Oh sh*t this is a disaster. He thought.

 

"Hey! Donghyuck, right?" Jaemin held out his hand to the younger who was stopped at what he's doing, stepping on the soccer ball to the ground with his right foot.

 

"Do I know you?" Donghyuck replied, raising his eyebrow to the person in front of him. His response made Jaemin scoff and amused at the same time. He took Donghyuck's hand and made it take his offer of a handshake. "My name's Jaemin. So does that mean, we know each other already?" Jaemin flashed his smile  while the younger is still in his poker face. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


A short silence was heard as they just shook hands and shared a deep eye contact with each other when Hyuck suddenly returned Jaemin's bright smile with his, "Okay! So do you play?" Hyuck asked excitedly, kicking the ball from his feet and catching it with his hand. "Whoa! Well, that was a cool move, but I bet I'll be cooler! Race ya to the goal post." Jaemin smirked as he stole the ball from Donghyuck's hand, and kicked it all the way to the direction of the goal post. Mark, on the other hand, was just looking at them, dumbfounded, his jaw dropped because of what he just witnessed. Jaemin and Donghyuck were already laughing with each other on the farther side of the field. He sits on the grass and just watched them with the confused expression not leaving his face. A few moments of playing, they stopped for a moment because Jaemin excused himself to go to the toilet.

 


"MARK HYUUUUUUUNG!!!" Donghyuck is now running towards his direction. He's wearing that sun-bright smile again like the first time he showed up in Mark's doorstep, and still it made Mark's body shook with cringe. Why does he always have to be that sunny whenever he calls me? Mark thought. "Hyung, aren't you supposed to be in class, right now? Why are you stalking me?" 

 

Mark's poker face turned to a "what-the-hell" expression and looked at Donghyuck who was casually wiping off sweat from his face with his hankerchief.

 

"Yah who's stalking who? I also want to ask you the same question, young guy. It's still your 2nd day here and now, you're cutting classes just to play soccer alone? Wow. You're amazing." Mark blurted out a sarcasm, but suddenly realizes why he's being concerned if Dongyuck is really cutting classes like as if it really bothers him. 


"I'm just kidding, Hyung. Why are you so angry? Believe it or not, I wanted to stay in class, but thanks to your Princess Aurora moment in the morning, the professor wants me out like I can't believe him, Hyung. I was smiling at him, telling him I'm sorry for being late, but he screamed at me, Hyung. He screamed at me. I thought he was Hulk for a sec." Dongyuck went down to sit beside him on the grass. Mark was speechless. He moved away a little, but Donghyuck also moved closer towards him, closing the space Mark had created between them. He looked at the younger in disbelief. Donghyuck looked back at him and showed him a toothy smile while wiggling his eyebrows. What the hell? Mark thought.


"So yeah, I went here instead to practice for the soccer tryouts tomorrow. This school is so huge I got lost in finding the soccer field for a moment. Thank God, Mr. Kim was there to guide me the way to it. I asked him where can I bor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter