Chapter 1 : The Housemate

Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark’s POV

 

It’s 7PM on the clock and I already finished cleaning the other room for my unexpected housemate. Even though, I was forced to do it, I can still pat myself for doing a job well done to it. I’m not being kind here, rather, I just don’t want to disappoint my parents who asked for this without my consent. But, what can I do? Parents are parents, and I love them to the moon and back, so I always do my best to be a very good son to them.

 

Jaemin did not stay long enough. I was not really in the mood to play with him because of the ty morning that I had, so I was emitting this cold aura, like how he would describe it, around me the whole day. My bestfriend is pretty “allergic” on certain moods like that and he also perfectly knows that leaving me alone would be the best and only cure to that. I am preparing my things for tomorrow’s school day when I heard my doorbell ring. 

 

Oh God, I think he’s here. 

 

I zipped my backpack and headed towards the door.

 

 

=//=

 

 

“HYUUUUUUUNG!” I was surprised by a squeal when I opened the door. The next thing I knew is that someone is already hugging me tight, and behind him is a blue sports bag on the floor and a gray luggage standing beside it. He is still hugging me tight and I think my awkward particles are already leaking out of me because I really don’t know what to do at the moment. He’s a stranger to me, but judging as to how fast he reacted after seeing me, I can say that I am no stranger to him at all. I just broke free the hug and tried to hide my awkwardness with a welcoming smile and a small laugh which I hope was effective.

 

“HYUCKIE!” I blurted out, trying to reciprocate his enthusiasm. I finally got to see him face-to-face and I’m pretty surprised though that he looks matured. I’m a year older than him, but we are almost at the same height. His slightly oversize navy blue sweater was tucked on his shorts and he is wearing a red cap which was slightly tilted to the side, hiding his brown hair within. He is all smiley like the sun which made me cringe all of the sudden. 

 

“Come in. You must be tired. I’ll show you to your room.” Trying to sound nice as I picked up his sports bag. He dragged his luggage and followed me.

 

“Yaaaaah. Hyung, I can’t believe that you managed to live alone by yourself here that long already. Your place is big, but it’s also very neat and clean at the same time.” He said behind me as we headed to his room. 

 

 

"Waaaah I didn't know you like Michael Jackson, too, Hyung. Wow! This is amazing." I looked back to him then I saw him touching my Michael Jackson figurine.

 

 

"Wait! Don't t-" but I was too late. It toppled over to the floor and MJ's arm which was pointing upward broke off in the impact. Jebal! Not my one and only favorite MJ figurine.

 

"Omo hyung! I'm sorry! Oh God! Is this expensive? I can fix this, don't worry." Donghyuck said, cupping his mouth as he get down to pick it up. I closed my eyes, clenched my fist and bit my lips, trying to stay calm and composed.

 

 

"Nononono. Just leave it. Please! I'll just clean it later, okay. It's just cheap junk anyway." NO IT'S NOT CHEAP JUNK. I SKIPPED 3 LUNCHES ON 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS FOR THAT.

 

 

"Are you sure? It looks quite expensive to me."

 

 

"Never been ever sure in my entire life. Let's just be careful in touching things here, next time okay? Now, to your bedroom? Shall we?" I forced a smile, pointing my hands to the way. 

 

"Neh hyung. I'm sorry again." Donghyuck nodded and bowed in apology. I took a deep breath and continued walking. Good Lord, help me.

 

 

“Omo hyung! You have an Xbox, too? That’s so cool! I remembered we used to have lots of fun, playing Tekken in my PS2 before because you pretty in playing games that time, you know. I don’t know about now, but I’m eager to find out about that, too. I really missed you, hyung and we have a lot of catching up to do. I think it has been 10 years.” Donghyuck just babbled and babbled behind me about anything. Unfortunately, he is not a “Don’t-Talk-To-Me-Please-Just-Pretend-That-I-Don’t-Exist-Here” type of person like I wanted him to be. As early as now, I can clearly see that he's totally the opposite of what I wanted him to be. He’s kinda similar to Jaemin, but having Jaemin as a bestfriend is already a disaster for me. I don’t think I can take any more Jaemins in my life right now, especially as a housemate, because he’s a walking headache  sometimes .

 

I’m still trying to remember some memories with him in the past because I really hate to be rude and I’m feeling a little pressured to catch up with him right now. That made the journey towards his bedroom a long ride for me as I try to mix up and interchange the order of my replies of “Yeah”, “I know right”, “Wow”, “*chuckles*” because my head is totally blank right now, and I just want to end this day quickly.

 

 

=//=

 

 

I am now slumped back comfortably on my bed after a long ty day served to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter