21 || two-one

some days, some nights

wenhope again (pls give them love lol) and very very veryyyy (and i mean veryyyyyyy) lowkey seulmin

SBS Super Concert Ingkigayo based and the Bulls Jersey Hoseok wore for the show was the biggest inspiration


Wendy and J-hope have been friends for a while now, but maybe they've also been feeling a little more than that for a while too.

It was inevitable anyway. They were both likeable, understanding, kind, and just happy to be who they are. There was nothing that could tell them otherwise.

Nothing except their careers and their fans. Both of the groups are in their prime in this dream they all desperately chased. Achievement after achievement. Recognition after recognition. And the fans that fill in a huge part of the lives they signed up for.

Don't get them wrong. They love their fans dearly but there has to be one that can really bring a deeper meaning to the love they think they already know.

J-hope has been thinking about this, even talking about this, a lot more than usual. Maybe you'd be surprised to find their interviews laced with these topics too. Wendy is casual about it when she talks about this, hoping their viewers and fans understand what they're trying to say.

Both groups find themselves lined up in a schedule together for about 5 times this year already and each time they'd get excited to meet each other simply because they're fans of each other as well. This time though, for the SBS Super Ingkigayo Concert, some of them weren't as ecstatic as the blessed past schedules they had together.

BTS had too much on their plate for this comeback: grand comeback shows and variety shows here and there as an essential part of their recognition to become wholesome artists in the country. Red Velvet were no less the same as they are and both groups have fallen into a sickly state because of the restlessness they're being thrown into.

Well, it's what they signed up for. They're not complaining, but when you fall sick, it just gets hard to keep up with the fast life. Luckily, they have each other and their friends to console them for these things.

Hoseok has been exhausted from all the pre-recordings from different schedules and from the rehearsals today but he isn't exhausted enough to text up a certain someone he's wanted to see for a while now.

Hey, we're in the same place again. How cool is that? ;)

He sends the text with a smile splitting all the way across his ears.

"Hyung, whatcha smiling at?" Their youngest roasts him.

"Girlfriend, duh!" Jimin taps the sunflower's cheeks with a teasing grin.

Hoseok doesn't roll his eyes, but he smiles even harder, "Isn't that supposed to be you though?"

Jimin shrugs anyway.

"I swear you guys are getting sappier day by day." Yoongi smirks.

Hoseok shakes his head at him, huge smile still intact when a reply comes quickly.

Wandee<3: Yeah, it is. Hope to see you around :)

Hoseok isn't quite settled with just seeing around though. They haven't really caught up with each other since they arrived at the venue as they've directly went into their dressing rooms to prepare and lined up immediately for practice. No time for chitchat. Just going on with business. Their setlist appearance were so far off that they aren't able to see each other halfway either and it saddens Hoseok a little bit.

On the other side, Wendy is feeling a little weird too. It's the "so near yet so far" phase again making her a little bit wistful that she couldn't express her fanaticism and friendship with Bangtan on stage freely.

They had an hour left before the show starts and they scrambled to do last minute retouch and potty breaks.
Hoseok has changed into his Bulls jersey and denim cardigan and Wendy is dressed in her red sailor inspired crop top and fitting white shorts when they spot each other from the backstage hallways among different busy idols going back and forth from the waiting room to the restroom.

"Told you I'd see you around." Wendy gives him a smug look with her arms akimbo. Hoseok's not one to back down on being playful.

"Yeah, you're right. But you didn't tell me seeing you around included talking."

Wendy laughs and crosses her arms on her chest instead, now raising her brows at him.

"Alright, but I remember you saying being in the same place with me was cool. Isn't it even cooler that we're standing in front of each other now?"

And by goodness, it's actually getting warmer instead of cooler. This isn't the way Hoseok has been expecting to meet her after they haven't texted each other for a while and the way she talks is dangerously melting his insides. He is not prepared. And is her tummy showing—

"Okay Wan, you got me! But man, it's great seeing you again. I wish I could stay long to chat but we're busy people and I have to 'get going'." He clicks his tongue pointing at the men's restroom making Wendy chuckle at the reference.

"It's great seeing you too. Wish you all the luck for this comeback. You guys slay!"

They wave at each other and their little meeting surely put a smile on their hearts after seeing each other.

With Hoseok replaying that moment in his head while checking himself on the mirror, he realized the numbers on his Bulls jersey can be meant for something else. He was already running out of ideas of flirting his way to Seungwan and the little meeting did not suffice as the girl was the one who put him in his place. He smirks at his reflection then runs off to thank his coordi-noona for the outfit with a big hug and promised to get her something in return.

Seungwan's getting a taste of her own medicine.

 

Red Velvet's performance was one of the most awaited and a few idols behind the stage eagerly came to watch them; Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook being one of the secretive viewers.

Hoseok needs to get the message across to Seungwan by giving her a little warning for his boys' stage later. Jimin tagged along to watch his girlfriend with a proud smile and Jungkook was there to witness his two smitten hyungs and of course, he loved the dance moves too.

As soon as Red Velvet went down their side of the backstage, warm round of applauses and cheers erupted from among the mini crowd that camped there, making the girls smile gratefully. Seulgi smiled wider when she saw Jimin from among them and Seungwan couldn't help but laugh that Hoseok came along too. The girls rushed to get back to their waiting room with the boys matching their steps. Hoseok had to make his intentions quick and clear unlike his younger bro taking his sweet time with his girlfriend. Jungkook was on his own, leaving the boys to deal with their shenanigans.

"Hey Wan, you're a star tonight. And if you could do me a favor, I'd appreciate it if you watched us too. Probably focus on me when the song ends too. So see ya!" He winked at her and quickly jogged off to his waiting room leaving Seungwan no time to respond to his sudden suggestion.
She simply gaped at the back of his confident strut.

And so she kept her unsaid promise of watching their comeback stage together with her girls.

Their nontitle track song was a killer stage on its own right. The new title song and choreography was extraordinary and Seungwan doesn't know which end Hoseok meant but she kept her eyes trained solely on him throughout the whole song - a little too mesmerized at his smooth and powerful moves.

She loved the red hair on him too and the way some of it glistens sticking to his sweaty forehead. And how many times did he have to prove that he too was a star?

When the song ended with their ending pose, Seungwan waits in bated breath knowing Hoseok is a man full of surprises.

 

And there it is.

 

They held each other's gazes, him on stage and her beneath the sea of crowds, a taunting smirk on Hoseok's face, chest rising and falling at the exhaustion of their strenuous physical activity, and his hands pointing at the number on his shirt that reads "21".

 

21, the day she was born.

 

It's not every day you get winked at by a good looking guy and definitely not when they're wearing something that tells you to look back twice.

Seungwan was left a little breathless and lightheaded at Hoseok's implication.

The nerve the boy had to flirt with her on stage in front of his fans thinking it was for them. His sweat drenched hair and face made him look glowingly glorious when white light flooded him - an image she can't keep off of her mind.

She's never been more grateful that her birthday fell on the 21st.

 

And she sure loves Hoseok's creativity for it.