New World, New Life

Skool Luv Affair in Seoul of Performing Arts(SOPA)

Chapter 1

 

 

" Honey, mum and dad are really sorry that we have to transfer you here. We have no other option." Hyejin sigh as she recall what her mother said to her a week ago. She clings her bag pack and drag along her luggage lazily into her new house. She took a last look around her. Not many people are here. I wonder where is everybody.' She told herself before she entered her house.

 

Kang Hyejin is the only daughter of the well known businessman in China. Her dad married her mom, a Chinese woman and they live in Beijing for 18 years. However at the age of 18, Hyejin was told to move to Korea, alone. She highly protest her parents command, but she finally accept the fact that sooner or later, she will come back to Korea. But never she thought that she'll live there alone.

 

Hyejin was about to open the door when someone greet her from behind. She jump backward, almost bumping the girl(as she heard her voice) before turning to her. In front of Hyejin was two girls, one holding a plate of cookies while the other one stand behind her, chewing the gums in the .

 

"Hi, I'm Dara. Sandara. I live right next to you. This is Minzy, and I'm her guardian." Hyejin smile at both of them, and reach for the handshake offered by Sandara. "I'm Kang Hyejin. You can just call me Hyejin."

"I guess you'll still a school student, right? Coz you look very young." Hyejin smile again at her question and answer her with a nod.

"I just transfer here from China. My parents set me to study in SOPA. So yeah, I'm still a high school student." Sandara nod a little at her explanation. "School of Performing Arts. Wow, I heard that the school only accept the best student with great talents. good luck on your study then, Hyejin. By the way, you can call me eonnie." She shyly smile as she told Hyejin that she's older than her. But in her aspect, she can't believe that Dara's older than her, she look really young, just like a high school girl.

 

"Anyway, I've got to go. No one is taking care of my cafe right now as this girl is following me to your house. You can visits me at my cafe not far away from this community. Okay?" Dara eonnie told her as she points at Minzy who's busy looking around her house. Hyejin was about to answer her when she immediately cut her.

"Here, I made this cookies every time people move into this area. Enjoy it. Good bye then." She left after giving Hyejin a plate of cookies, without waiting for her greet. She can only wave at her and follow her steps with her eyes. Hyejin cuckles while shaking her head at her neighbor’s cute attitude and close the door completely. 'Huhh... Well, not a very bad beginning. Welcome to... Seoul, I guess, Kang Hyejin. You're about to live here all by yourself now.' Hyejin sigh as she dragged her luggage to her room and rest her body after a long trip.

 

Hyejin was about to close her eyes when her phone rings. She get up quickly and answer the phone when she see the caller name. "Oppa~! You make me wait for you. You're so mean!" She whine towards the caller and she can hear his laugh in the phone. "Mianhae... Oppa got something very urgent that oppa need to settle down, that's why oppa can't fetch you. But you’re okay right? Nothing happens to you on your journey right?" Hyejin pouts at his answer but smile anyway because she got to hear his voice. “Fortunately, nothing bad is happening to me. Although there’s some guys seem to be drunk, I think, and accidentally bump into me at the airport, but it’s not something serious, coz the other guys hold him up and make me walk pass him easily. Don’t worry too much about it.” Haejin grins happily at the thought of worried Minseok as she tells him the incident that happen at the airport before.

"Oh gosh really? Glad you’re okay. Urm... Hyejin-ah... Oppa need to go right now. I'll talk to you later okay? See you on your school day. Now take a good rest okay? Love you my baby..." The line was cut the moment Hyejin wanted to say something. She took a fast glance at her phone, not being bewildered because her line was always cut even before she can finish her words. The noisy surrounding that she can hears in the line makes her wonder what actually did he do at times like this. Well, maybe oppa got some trading business to do. With that, she shrug off all thought in her mind.

"Okay then, oppa. I'll see you... when I see you. Annyeong~" she smiles at her phone before putting it back on the bed and got up to the bath to take a shower.

 

********************************************

 

Xiumin hung up the phone call and turn to the squatting guy in front of him, covered in blood. He gestures the rest of the guys there to help him stand up, before leading him to actually lie on the bed for the others to treat his wounds. Xiumin takes a sit not far from the bed, before focusing on his phone again, to call someone. The room is filled with silence as the wounded guy is already been put to sleep by the personal doctor. Xiumin sigh heavily while waiting for the line to connect. “Hey, can I talk to Kris?... Okay, I’ll wait.” Xiumin takes a glance on the sleeping guy as the doctor starts to treat him by stitching the cut on his body slowly and carefully. He get back to the line when he heard Kris’s voice.

 

“What’s the news Xiumin?” He can only sigh and didn’t seems to find the right words to tell the truth. “Kris, I think we’re almost a step behind. You got the news from your right men, isn’t you? And you knows that Chen is now seriously injured, right?” In the line, Xiumin can hears that Kris is actually sighing, which is really rare since he knows that Kris is somehow a very calm guy, and always has a plan hidden anywhere under his sleeve. “Lay has told me everything. Okay, for now, I want you to stay there and look after her. And one more thing, we need to keep this matter a secret because we still haven’t find any clue on which group actually did this to our men, especially Chen, our trusted man. So I’ll make my move, but you, need to stay there, stay close to our young agent, and protect your foster sister with all your might. I’ll tell you if there’s anything or if there’s a new plan.” “Alright, then I’ll update the higher up here and get ready for the worst case to happen. Report me immediately if there’s anything. I’ll have to change my whole plans then.” With that, Xiumin ends the call and walks towards the already fully bandaged Chen, who’s already falls in deep sleep, and sits at the side of the bed. 'I’ll never let the guys who did this to you go, Chen. I promise you that I’ll kill him with my own hand once I get him'. Xiumin tighten his fist and get up, ready to get out.

 

“Take a good care of him. I’ll have something important to do outside. I won’t be back for a while.” With all the guys nodding at his command, Xiumin walk out of the room and order his man to prepare his car, this time he’s going to SOPA to meet the principal there.