rain in the coffeeshop

Villain In The Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2

 

 

“Is anyone going to the opening of the new jewelry store in AO mall tomorrow?” Bom asked.

“I will.” Chaerin said, “the owner is Gummy, the singer who is also my mom’s good friend.”

“Really? I got the invitation too, but I already told them I can’t go because I thought no one of us will be there…” Bom said.

“Why?” Chaerin pouted.

“I have some family event… as usual my family ask me to sing.” Bom has a beautiful voice and as her family is a very diligent Christian they often have some event in church.

“Ugh! Then I’d be alone??” Chaerin pouted.

“You’re not going there with your mom?” Bom asked.

“No, the reason I came is because my parents had to go to Europe for some business, and because Gummy is my mom’s good friend, she asked me to represent her there.”

“Anyways,” Bom said, “You are friend with that freak guy now?”

“No.” Chaerin replied.

“But you were gone with him earlier at the party.” She asked again.

“Yeah, but you know, I don’t care about him.”

Dara came with snacks and drink, during weekend, they often doing sleepover at one house, tonight is in Dara’s house.

“So, you’re friend with Kwon Jiyong now?” she repeated the same question.

“Urghhh…” Chaerin grunted, “I don’t care about him, for God sake!”

“He’s handsome in real life.” Dara said.

“Then go date him!” Chaerin said.

“Hahaha… heck no, I prefer someone cuter.” Dara opened a chips for them.

“By the way I saw Kiko talking to you and Kwon Jiyong.” Bom asked.

“Ah, yeah, she apologized, like usual.”

“And?”

“And I don’t care, that can go saying sorry over and over again, but I will never forgive her. No, , no…” Chaerin shakes her head.

“Snake…” Dara sighed, “She thinks she’s so pretty that she can go stealing anyone’s boyfriend.”

 

+

 

Chaerin came to the jewelry store opening by herself, in there, she saw some familiar faces including Mrs. Kwon, Jiyong’s mother.

“Anyeong haseo…” she bowed.

“Oh Chaerinie…” she smiles, “I’m so glad to see you here.”

They were having some light cocktails while talking to other guests.

“Chae… thank you for accompanying Jiyong at the auction gala.” She said.

“No problem, eomu-nim.”

“I really hope I have a daughter like you… you’re pretty, smart, and you know your place.”

Chaerin raised her eyebrows while smiling, she doesn’t really get it.

“A daughter in law like you will be very delighted for me.”

“Eomu-nim,” she said, “you must be know that Jiyong-ssi already have a girl friend, don’t you?”

“Oh I know… I know…”

“You don’t like her?”

“She’s a good girl, I guess, but… I don’t think she suits my Jiyong the best.”

“Why is that?”

Mrs. Kwon paused and looking at Chaerin, “There’s something that makes me can’t accept her.”

Money of course. Chaerin thought.

“Chae, this is called a motherly feeling, you might not understand it now, but believe me, we have this feeling that tells us whether its good or bad for our kids.”

“But, eomu-nim, I think Jiyong must be know his heart more than anyone else.”

Mrs. Kwon smiles, “Let’s not talking about it, shall we?”

Chaerin nodded.

“I know I once trying to set you both on a blind date, but when Jiyong came home angry to me, I know I was crossing the line. So, I’m not trying to set you up again, but I’ll be very happy if at least you and Jiyong can getting to know each other better.”

Chaerin nodded again.

“So, Chaerin, where’s your mom?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“She’s in Europe now, eomu-nim.”

“Oh I see, I heard about that…” she said, “I hope everything goes well…”

Chaerin paused, “Is there something wrong?” she asked.

Mrs. Kwon startles, “W-well, I hope everything is well…”

“Eomu-nim, is something not right?”

“No, Chaerin… no, I just said if she’s doing business there, I hope it goes well.” She clears .

Chaerin didn’t ask further question though she saw a clear ineptness in Mrs. Kwon gestures.

 

+

 

Chaerin entering her mom’s working room at home, as a novelist, Mrs. Lee has her own private room at home to write, even though sometimes she’ll go somewhere to get inspired.

“Eomma…” she said.

“Yes, honey?”

“How’s Europe?”

“Oh, it was okay.” She smiled.

Chaerin sat on a couch, “So… everything goes well?”

Mrs. Lee paused and look up to her, “What do you mean, honey?”

“The meeting in Europe…”

“Why you suddenly asked?” Mrs. Lee asked.

“Well… I… met Mrs. Kwon and she kind of saying something that made me think that there is something wrong…”

Mrs. Lee sighed, “Oh…”

Chaerin waiting.

“Chae, my last book, my work for several years got rejected in bookstores outside Korea.”

“What?”

“Yes, they said that it contained sensitive issue so they don’t want to take risk in selling them.”

“But isn’t it a fictional book?”

“Even a fictional story is most likely taken from true story…” Mrs. Lee explained. “So my trip to Europe was to make deals with them, even though the result wasn’t really good.”

Chaerin didn’t say anything.

“This really make me down, Chae…” her smile is so weak, it makes Chaerin want to cry, she never see her mom as sad as this, she knew the more her mom is sad, the more she can’t cry.

“Are you okay m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter