Investigation

Out of her shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day, another promotional appearance.  Time to go out be charming.  If this was the price they had to pay to get to perform, Jennie would gladly pay it, but sometimes she got tired of it, especially after answering the same question a dozen times.

"Please tell me what's good about the member sitting next to you."

Oh, good.  Jennie liked this question better than "If you were a guy, which one of your bandmates would you date?"  At least with this one you only had to worry about an argument tonight about what you said, not what you said and who you chose to say it about.

Sitting on the far end of the table, Jennie said her piece first, complimenting Jisoo on how well she'd been doing at seeming more at ease in public appearances recently.  She then sat back for a minute to hear what her bandmates had to say.  She wasn't worried about what Rosé, at the other end of the table, would say about her.  But there was no way to predict what Jisoo would say about Lisa or Lisa would say about Rosé.  Either one - Lisa because of her age and Jisoo just because she was Jisoo - was capable of accidentally saying something that would hurt someone, and the audience would never notice because it was framed as a compliment.

Next Jisoo leaned toward the microphone and said "Lisa is so charismatic on the stage, but she’s actually like a little brother, not even a little sister, when not on the stage."

Jennie was stunned.  "WTF Jisoo?" she thought.  "That was a compliment?  It started out well, then you turned and crashed into a wall."

Jennie and Rosé both saw how Lisa deflated under Jisoo's words.  Fortunately, the interviewer didn't seem to have noticed, and Lisa was a trooper, picked herself up and said something nice about Rosé - probably on autopilot, thanks to all their media training.

Thankfully the rest of the interview was without incident, but Jennie wondered what the consequences of Jisoo's words would be once they left the studio.

Over the week after the interview, Jennie and Rosé began to notice a definite difference in Lisa.  She was still the same in performances and practices, always giving 110%, but as soon a they were in downtime, rather than laugh and joke and tease with the others like she'd always done, she was reading something on her phone.  Whatever she was reading, it never seemed to end.  Sometimes she'd be reading it and would look like she was almost crying, other times she was struggling to hold in laughter, other times she'd be reading and then all of a sudden disappear into her room for a while.  Obviously whatever it was was pretty compelling.

In the mornings, Jennie and Lisa were always the first ones up.  Always before Lisa would great

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter