Confirmation

Out of her shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“C’mon Jichoo!  I need to get some makeup for the Australia tour and Ms. Lee said I can’t go to the store without you!”

Jisoo really didn’t want to go to the store, but she also knew a losing battle when she saw one.  If Jisoo didn’t say yes now, Lisa would just pull out stronger and stronger forms of aegyo until eventually Jisoo had to say yes.  It was easier to just give in now.  Besides, it had been a week since Jisoo had seen anywhere but their apartment and their practice room and she was starting to get stir crazy.

“Fine, let me grab my purse.”

“Oh, thank you Jichoo!”  Lisa jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around Jisoo in an excited hug.  Unfortunately, Jisoo wasn’t expecting this, so the best she was able to do was to steer their fall so that they landed on the sofa instead of the floor.  In the process, she whacked her head on Lisa’s shoulder, hard.

“Oh, Jichoo!  Are you okay?”  She leaned down and planted a kiss on Jisoo’s forehead.  “I’m sorry Jichoo!  I didn’t mean to hurt you!”

To the same degree she had been excited and rambunctious just a moment before, Lisa now was still and contrite.  Jisoo had never seen someone whose moods could change as readily as Lisa’s.

“I’ll be fine,” Jisoo said, trying to distract herself from how pleasant it felt to have Lisa lying on top of her.  “Just let me up so we can go to the store.”

Lisa climbed off Jisoo, then reached out her hand to help the older girl to her feet.  Jennie happened to come in right at that moment.  “Another casualty of Hurricane Lisa?” she asked.

“Something like that,” Jisoo responded, chuckling weakly.

“Don’t listen to her,” Lisa said.  “She just doesn’t know how to receive a hug.”

“With your hugs, the best way is ‘while wearing pads and a helmet.’”  Jennie laughed, and after a moment Lisa joined in as well.  Not wanting to be obviously not part of what was going on, Jisoo faked joining in, and in short order was surprised to discover she was actually laughing.  It felt good.

******

Five hours later they were finally home from shopping.  Jisoo, unprepared for the adventure that was shopping with Lisa, collapsed into the first chair she happened across, dropping her bags on the floor.

Rosé didn’t even look away from the screen where she was playing League of Legends.  “Only five hours?  She let you off easy.”

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief.  “Easy?  We had to try on all the makeup.  Literally all.  We had to get makeovers.  We had to get our colors done.  We had to get our colors done again because she didn’t like the answers the first woman gave us.  We had to eat soft pretzels.  We had to get makeovers again.  We had to try an exfoliating scrub with microbeads.  We had to go get our makeovers redone because the exfoliating scrub took off our makeup.  Then we got our nails done, then we bought our makeup, and I’m sure there was something else that I’m forgetting.  I don’t think anyone has ever shopped as thoroughly as we did today.”

Lisa, standing right behind Jisoo’s chair, said “You know I can hear you, right?  Anyway, we’re home early for a reason - go wash your face, I’m going to do your makeup on Vlive.”

“Do I have to?”

Lisa dropped her bags behind the chair, then came around, grabbed Jisoo’s hands and started pulling her up.  “Yes, you have to, you big baby.  You haven’t been on Vlive since Tuesday, you can’t go on without me, and the Blinks miss you.  Jennie tried to do a Vlive last night and could barely say anything because they kept asking ‘Where’s Jisoo?’  They love you.”

As Jisoo let Lisa pull her up, she could have sworn she heard her quietly say “I love you,” but she knew she was just imagining things.

******

Once Lisa had scrubbed Jisoo’s face the cleanest it had ever been in her entire life, she gathered up an assortment of makeup - Jisoo was quite certain it was more products than it was possible to put on one face at one time - and led her to the Vlive camera.  Lisa put the makeup on the table in front of them and they sat down and got comfortable.

“Are you ready?” Lisa asked.

“I think so?” Jisoo replied cautiously.

“Only think so?  Then you need some tickles!”  Lisa reached out and started tickling her ribs, making her laugh too hard to tickle back.  Jisoo tried leaning back away from her, then leaned too far back and started toppling over.  She grabbed Lisa’s wrist to try to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter