4D personality

Out of her shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Lisa woke up the next morning, she knew what she had to do:  She was going to transform Blackpink so that they matched up with the fanfic ideas of them.  So after breakfast, she sat down on the couch, reread some of her favorite fics, and started making a list.

“Jennie:  High fashion.  High maintenance.  y AF.”

“Rosé:  Kind.  Wise.  Caring.  Plays matchmaker sometimes.”

“Lisa:  4D.  Affectionate.  Spontaneous.  Impatient.”

“Jisoo:  4D.  Loves chicken.  Playful.  Loves Lisa.”

That last one was important - there was a fic that Lisa had read where she loved Jennie but Jennie loved Jisoo and Jisoo loved Lisa, while Rosé just sat on the sidelines and watched them all self-destruct.  Lisa did not want to live in that fic.  Then there were all the Jensoo and Chaesoo fics.  Lisa didn't want to live in those either.

So lets see:  Jennie was already pretty much living the role the fic writers had set for her.  Lisa could do her part.  That left Rosé and Jisoo to be brought into line.  The impatient part of Lisa wanted to go straight to working on Jisoo, but that last quality of Rosé’s could be pretty useful.  “A matchmaker...” she mumbled to herself.

Lisa looked up and saw all her bandmates sitting around their living room, each engaged in their own tasks, waiting for the car to arrive to take them to that day’s events.  “Hey Rosé,” she asked, “if you found out that one of your friends had a crush on another one of your friends, would you ever try to play matchmaker.”

Rosé thought for a moment.  “Maybe...  It depends on whether or not I think they’d be good for each other.  Why?”

“Oh, no reason.  Just wondering.”  Lisa knew her attempt at nonchalance wasn’t entirely believed - or possibly not even believed at all - but she knew better than to announce her whole plan up front.

The first item on the day’s agenda was another radio interview.  Lisa knew Jisoo hated these - she’d wished once that they could just record one interview and send it to all the different radio stations, since they’d get asked the pretty much the same questions each time anyway.

Lisa generally enjoyed radio interviews, and today she was trying extra hard:  Joking with the interviewer, giving silly answers, and just generally being 4D.  If it was possible to break down the wall that Jisoo had built around herself, Lisa was going to find a way to do it.

“If you were a man, which one of your bandmates would you date?”

Just as Lisa knew that Jisoo hated radio interviews, she knew that Jennie and Rosé hated this particular question and would try to get out of it with as little fuss as possible.  Sure enough, Jennie picked Rosé, Rosé picked Jennie, and they both gave carefully considered answers designed to praise their choice without disparaging their bandmates who they didn’t select.  

Then it was Lisa’s turn.  “Based on the guys I know” - this was a lie, she didn’t know any guys - “if I was a guy, I’d be trying to date Momo from Twice.  I mean, come on, have you seen her legs?”  Lisa waited, letting the tension build until it looked like everyone’s eyes couldn’t get any bigger.  “No, I’m just kidding with you.  If I was a guy, I’d want to date Jisoo.  Because she tries to be all serious and proper, but I bet underneath that she’s got a totally 4D personality, and if you could get the inner Jisoo to come out and play it would totally be worth it.”

They never found out how Jisoo would have answered that question, because she was so stunned with Lisa’s answer that she was totally speechless.  The interviewer had to play a song, then go to commercial, then go on to the next question in order to get things going again.

That evening, after a TV interview,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter