Discovery

Out of her shell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though Jennie and Jisoo tried telling her not to, Lisa loved reading all the online articles about Blackpink.  She got a thrill out of seeing all the pictures of them and reading the articles people had written.  After all, what's the point of being famous if you don't enjoy it?  And how are you going to enjoy being famous if you don't know you're famous.  She knew there were bad things online too - like all the articles called Kyla from Pristin fat - so far all the things she'd seen written about Blackpink were good.  Lisa had just finished reading "15 Facts You Must Know About Blackpink's Jisoo" - she was happy that all the things were right and proud of herself for already having known all of them - when she decided to scroll down and read the comments.  She almost never read the comments, because there were mean people in the comments and also some of the comments used "internet English" that was hard for her to understand sometimes.  Like this first comment:  "These are great!  People need to be sure to use them in fanfic!"  

"What is fanfic?"  Lisa wondered.  So she went to Naver and looked it up.  There were people writing stories about Blackpink?  She definitely wanted to read some of these!  So she did another Naver search and found a site called fanficsofasia.com.  A quick search at that site turned up hundreds of fanfics about Blackpink!  "Here's one where we're pirates!  Here's one where we run a coffee shop!  Here's one where Jisoo's a professor!  Here's one where I'm spanking Jisoo?!"  That one was so weird she read it twice.

She spent the rest of the day reading fanfics, barely putting down her phone to eat.  She learned what "tags" were and what "ships" were.  "Ships," as it turned out, had nothing to do with boats, but instead was short for "relationships."  Apparently the fans liked to imagine their favorite idols dating each other.  "We might as well," she thought, "since we're not allowed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter