Different Lives

Don't Deny Our r²π (HIATUS TT^TT)

"E-Eli!"

He looks up at me, his eyes glazed with worry. Light reflected off his irises, making them a light tone of chocolate brown. 

"Yunjoon! Are you alright?"

I nod, and try sit up. My head spins. Kevin and Chiseu had gone already, the bell rings. Eli holds my back and hovers around, trying to help. All I need right now is to be alone.. and probably my mum's chicken soup.

Suddenly, the door slams open, Eli jumps to a seat, and the nurse barges in.

"Oh, sweetie! I see you are awake! Well, the bell has rung, so you'd better get going. Your friend Eli will accompany you right?" She smiles sweetly, and from the corner of my eye she gives Eli a If-You-Don't-I-Will-Kill-You look. He nods.

As she leaves, Eli bombards me with questions. 

"Are you okay?"

"Do you want to walk home with me?"

"Can you stand up?"

Questions swirl around in my head. Everything was fuzzy. I try not to hurl, but I just nod. 

 

"It's okay," I mutter. 
 
He looks at me quizzically. "What do you mean?"
 
"I don't need you to help me anymore, you helped enough."
 
He just shakes his head. "You are too weak." 
 
"Am not!" 
 
"Are too."
 
Aisht. To prove, I decided to get up from the bed. As I moved my back, a vertigo wave of dizziness hit me. Keep going, I had to prove to Eli. I shuffle my feet off the bed and try to stand.
 
I wince as I hit the floor, "Ahh!" my legs crumpled as I sit on the floor in a heap of pain. 
 
Eli rushes over and picks me up, holding my back. It was as if he is hugging me.. My face turns red. His eyes have a hint of distress as he looks into mine.  His face was so close, my heart thumped as I felt his hands on my waist. So close to me.
 
"Ahem." A voice breaks the moment. We break off as we turn. It was the nurse.
 
"Ellison, I asked you to accompany her home. Not get all mushy with her." she raises an eyebrow at him and he nods. She leaves for the second time and he turns to me.
 
"Told ya so." he chuckles, and grabbed my bag.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
We walk out the school gates hand in hand.
 
Girls are glaring at me.
 
Guys are gawking at me.
 
I gulp, and he doesn't notice a thing.
 
I hear others whisper about us, some bad and some good, but it was all because of him. 
 
Kim Ellison.
 
Could I survive any longer with him? I didnt't know. 
 
We had a long way to walk, my house was on the other side of the town. Appa was at work, mum couldn't drive, and I still had eight blocks to walk. I look to Eli, he's just swinging the bags in each hand and bouncing along. How could he be so damn happy?
 
The sun beats down on me, it rays like arrows. Piercing. Sweat beads form on my forehead and I feel a bit dizzy. Is it too hot? I walk aimslessly, nothing is feeling right. It's like a dream. My legs are weighed down like lead, it is as if I'm stumbling along. I hoped I didn't look that way...
 
"Are you alright?" It is Eli. I can't see because of my headache but I can hear him. His voice.
 
I nod, my head floating because it feels so light. The vision before me is pixelating, I couldn't take it anymore. Just a few more steps. Just a few more...
 
Thump.
 
I feel more hands collide with the ground, the burning of scraped skin on my palms. My ankle twists and my head bangs on the side of a small concrete fence. Blood. My blood trickles down my cheek, down my arm and probably down the sidewalk.  Aisht. I feel sorry for the street cleaner.
 
"Yunjoon!" It's Eli. Ha, of course it is him. It's always him. He is always there, like my guardian angel. 
 
Then, I'm being piggybacked by him. How did I get up here? The blood on my head streams down his T-shirt. I watch it carve rivers and blossom on the white fabric.
 
"Mianhe." I felt sorry for his T-shirt. 
 
"I was worried about you." he mutters. Everything is blurry, but inside, my spirit lifts up. He worried about me? I smile.
 
Everything is whirling now. My vision goes fuzzy. I should have a sleep, then everything will be better. Yep, just sleep it off. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, letting the calm blackness wash over me and send me to a place without pain.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Oh my god!" 
 
Huh? Was that my mother? The panic-stricken shrill replays in my head. My eyes open hesitantly, and I groan onto someone's shoulder.
 
Someone? I open my eyes wider.
 
We were on the front step of my house. I was with Eli. My mother answered the door. She looks like she had just seen a ghost. Then I realised,  we were covered in blood.
 
My mum lets Eli in and he places ne on the couch, and sits down.
 
"It's okay, you are home now." He whispers gently.
 
He walked us all the way home? I blush and thank him. I owed him too much now. Awkwardly, he shuffles  on the couch while my mother sits next to him. Even covered with blood and dirt, he looked amazing. Aisht.
 
Then, my mother talks with him.
What happened? Blahblahblah 
How is she? Blahblahblah
Who are you? Blahblahblah
 
And everything else. I couldn't focus as I kept nodding off. And then some point in the conversation my mum asks.
 
Do you like her?
 
"BWOOH?!" I shout, I had woken up now. They turn to me, alarmed, they look at me like I had just risen from the dead
 
Aisht.
 
I walked out of the room to get cleaned up, and partly to escape the awkwardness.
 
~~
 
When I walked back into the room, I find Eli and my mother chatting and laughing. Seems like his charm even got to her.
 
No suprise really.
 
"honey, go show Ellison where the bathroom is and fetch him some clothes so he can get cleaned up, okay?"
 
Like a good daughter, I nod.
 
Aisht. What a goodie I've turned into. Yunjoon sit! I sit. Yunjoon fetch! I fetch. What a good daughter I am.
 
Eli walks off and my mother approaches me.
 
"Yunjoon honey! Aw, are you okay?"she kisses the top of my head, where its bandaged. "Tell you what, I'll make my soup, it always makes you feel better!" and with that she flounces off, into the Kitchen.
 
I sit down on the couch. My phone buzzes. I check my texts.
 
From Chiseu ^-^
 
unnie! r u ok?
 
I reply.
 
From Yunnie
 
Yes, its alg. Eli's at my house. Where are you?
 
My phone buzzes again.
 
From Chiseu ^-^
 
thats good, im with kevin. omg! we are watching a horror movie, its R16, but im not 16. Kevin acted like he was my dad so i could get in! hahaha! i wonder what happens when dongho goes to movies like this...
 
Aisht. I turn off my phone. Too many questions, all at the same time. That was Chiseu.
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Eli POV
 
 
Turns out, I'm staying for dinner.
 
I look at Yunjoon from across the table. She was blushing as she looked down. The food I was eating never tasted like anything I had eaten before.. But then again, we both lived very different lives. It tasted homey, warm.  Just like her family or the house. Everything seemed more comfortable.
 
 
Yunjoon's dad catches me looking at her.
 
"So... Ellison is it? What do you think of my daughter?"
 
"Whaat?!" she screeches. She was cute.
 
"She is very talented at what she does, art. And she is very..." I pause, "cute." 
 
Her dad smiles and pats me on the back, while her mother beams.
 
Yunjoon just looks down. She looked really pretty today, her hair in long flowing locks, her eyes bright and alert. She was beautiful everyday actually, inside and out. She made me feel warm inside.
 
Wait..What?
 
She had made me smile again.
 
Thank you Yunjoon.