Red House

Not-so-secret SPOOK

Pairing : Hana x Joshua (SVT)
Genre : Thriller, Dark, Horror
Words : 6,227
Written By : winspiritbeauty

 


             

 

              A funk pop melodies play in the limited space of Mercedes Benz. A young couple enjoyed their journey to the holiday destination. The car drove above average speed as Jisoo watch the rearview mirror. The highway squeezed into two lanes, toward the forest and the farm at the end of spring. The vehicle climbs up and then down, up and down once again to reveal the only car crossed that street.

“Are we going the right way...” He wondered out loud.

The young girl glances his way and focusing back to the automation digital maps they’ve been following since they left the city. The sun will go to hide soon and they still couldn’t find the destination.

“We should've to go to the right way…” Her hand busy to catch signal. “But now I'm not so sure either...” She shakes her head.

Jisoo busy himself to the unfamiliar street they were crossing. His eyes roll right and left to find any street signs for help or perhaps anybody but the road was very deserted. He frowned. Narrowed path, forest, maple, lush birch, and kudzu hanging, a real sign of no-man-would-be-crazy-enough-to-be-here. He speeds his car to leave this pathway as soon possible. It does not give a right vibe or at least that was what his logic screams.

They are not supposed to spend hours looking for the right way to arrive the villa, they are not supposed to leave just by the two of them, they were supposed to drive across the forest and then arrive in a small city next to an exotic beach.

They’re not supposed to be lost like that.

Jisoo and Hana planned to spend the changing year together with their friends but they forced to leave later than the rest because Hana forgot that day was her grandma’s birthday, guilty, she decided to come with her mother to visit her in the morning. She wasn’t expected it would mean to spend hours to get out of the never-ending forest, it's like they’ve been circling over and over the same way.

“I think we lost”

Unlikely to admit but it's a fact.

Jisoo nods eagerly without a glance at her, “Pretty sure we are.”

He watches the road, speeding his silver car, flies the dust behind it. He could finally see more clouds than leafs above them. Slowly the forest scenery changing to an open field, no more lush birch, no more kudzu hanging. Houses with spare distances begin to fill their vision. He sighed in relieved.

Hana focusing back on her digital maps. Shaking the damn phone, battling with poor signals as she tries to examine the direction of the road they will be heading and then she gasped. “Uh Oh.”

Jisoo turns his head to her. “What?”

“We’re heading to a totally opposite of our destination. Yeon Deok* supposed to be to our west. Great” Hana rolled her eyes, can’t hide her fury. Of course, it's the damn maps she hates.

“Can you try to call the guys or girls? I think we can’t arrive tonight.” Jisoo frowned, his tone was lethargic.

The sky very much orange now but none of the streets light is on and the chirps weird broken radio sounds starting to annoy him. He turned it off, eyes darted back to the buildings around. The houses look simple with vast gardens he noted. No one is passing by on the street like there is no life to begin but he definitely sure this village is inhabited proved by the smoke coming out of the chimney of few of the houses. By few, it was meant by two out of a lot of it.

If there were a small village like this he believes he could find a police station or some of the sort soon.

Hana getting frustrated with her mobile phone on the other hand. Can't send text either making a call, perhaps it's the area that wasn’t covered with signals. Either way, she can’t chill. Maybe she should’ve just ditch her grandmother and leave together with the rest but even now regretting won’t teleport her to the destination.

She felt doubles guilty to her boyfriend and friends.

“I'm sorry” she sighed

Jisoo glanced at her. “No babe, why feel sorry? there's nothing to be sorry about.”

She gave him faint smile. “There is one signal, but I can't do anything with it.”

“There should be a police station close by, it's okay we will arrive safely.”

Too much of Jisoo disappointment, they still didn’t leave the long street of the open field, it’s super torturous like a way to hades territory. He wishes the gas would make it.

The moon officially makes its way to paint the darker sky. The only source of light Jisoo has was from his car. The houses long gone out of his view, he thinks there were like fifteen of each side. All residents nest up in their home as if they think the storm will be coming. Jisoo was welcome by vast of greens next.

Hana has sprawled in her place, given up. Jisoo was not far better in condition. He thinking of driving back home but he couldn’t even do that.

The next fifteen minutes Jisoo drive blindly in dark surrounding. When he spotted a red neon small board almost dimly inscribed ‘Red Inn’ with arrows pointing a direction to where supposedly they are going. He thinks god had finally helped them. He speeds up. “We are safe for now!” He shouts excited.

Hana blinked confused but when she saw what he spotted she knew what makes him happy.

Paved and pebbled roads do not make him slow down. Soon they arrived, the place much far lighter than the previous they were seen. Warm color lights are everywhere, so much inviting. A magnificent classic design house stood firm as it once was. The house is not very big but the largest they have seen since last. Broken white walls, several windows and small lamps that shining on the main door and much more circling the area, they feel so welcomed.

“Oh!” The only word Hana can utter when her fatigue turns excitement. And that excitement turns admiration.

They step out of the car right after he parks in front of the gate. He holds Hana’s hand as they walked together pass through the steel entrance. A raven croaks as if it’s trying to give them a greet in a creepy way on their way to the Inn, to the lion cage.

 

****

 

Hedges in both sides of the walking path is neat and trimmed appropriately; even under dim light, the flowers are still colorful. An old Ek stood proudly not too far from the gate above the green grass. The couple really loves everything this Inn has to offer. They crossed the porch and found messages: “Welcome, exhausted travelers, the register is at the reception inside.”

Jisoo held the doorknob as he finishes reading the information while Hana watching her reflection on the glass ornamental door. She looked lethargic and weak, her small hair flying when the wind blowing. She really needs a warm bath right now.

A bell ding as Jisoo opens the door. She trailing Jisoo’s back as he went in first.

The ceiling in the room was high and a giant ornamental lamp hung there beautifully. The floor was a very clean wooden board, it makes small thud sounds every time they step. A carpeted wide staircase welcoming after it. Flower vases are displayed everywhere as far they observed. Wooden musk smell starts to pleasing her nose the more they walk further in.

Hana stop as they arrive in the middle of the room. A large window offering such a beautiful garden views that are not less interesting than the front gate. Small ornament lights are decorated in such a way of pleasing. All flowers and plants trimmed and treated well. Small two levels pond placed in the middle of the garden. If she has to spend her vacation here, she does not mind.

“Oh! Welcome travelers! I’m sorry I was preparing dinner for my family. Have you guys waited too long?” A motherly voice woman approaching behind them. She looks young and beautiful, she dressed so modestly makes Hana feels small. Hana wears oversized sweater along with short pants to seek comfortableness on the journey but now she feels out of the place.

Jisoo turned his heels right way the moment he felt a present aside them in the room. He smiles at her and shakes his head a little, “We’re just arrived and checking out the Inn. This place is amazing.” He gave her smile.

That woman laughed, “I’m so glad you loved it! I decorate everything myself. My husband taking care of the garden.”

“The garden extraordinary beautiful!” Hana praised. Good mood is back despite for looking tired.

“You look so tired baby girl, alright, alright let me served you your rooms, come” She walked ahead of them back to the main doorway only to turn left as they found small area with desk and computer and more other decorating stuff, some painting and tiger’s skin hang by stretched wide to the side, makes Hana shudder and lean closer to her boyfriend.

“We’re going to use just one room” Jisoo speak when the owner trying to grab two keys from the self, knowing Hana can feeling uncomfortable sleeping alone in the unfamiliar place. The lodging owner looked surprised but she won’t question further about it.

“Please enjoy your stay and if you have your luggage you can drop it in your room first and join us for dinner. You two must have not dinner yet”

“Right, luggage. We had it in our car. I’ll go to take it, Hana you can stay here with….” Jisoo hit his forehead at the mention of luggage as he asks his girlfriend to stay with the owner he has yet to know the name.

“Mrs. Kim.” The owner offers a handshake as she introduces herself.

Jisoo takes her handshake as he introduces himself as well. “I’m Hong Jisoo and this my girlfriend, Seol Hana.”

As Jisoo leaves to grab their bags, Hana exchanged small conversation with the owner and sharing how they planned to go to Yeon Deok but they get lost here instead then she rants a little about how bad the signals were in this place and the owner completely agrees with that.

Jisoo ended up to keep his luggage in the middle room and follow the owner to the back side of the house as they crossed a door under the staircase. They walk through a long hallway, Jisoo doesn't know that this house is long at the back, there were several family portraits he spotted as they walk. He noticed the owner only have a daughter. It was only the three people in the pictures or each one of them in different pictures and some of the painting.

Without his knowing they arrived at the simpler looking room. There were not so many decorations as they saw before. The walls are painted red; a rare color people would choose. A big single mirror—something you could find on dancing room—place on one of the walls facing the kitchen. The room was big but because there’s not much equipment it feels spacious. A long dining table placed in the middle of the room, he wondered why they need a big table for just the three of them.

Mrs. Kim walks faster toward a bulk man behind the kitchen counter, he was busy with meat knives and frying pan. He could hear the sound of him chopping loudly as if he was visiting a butcher shop. “This is my husband, Kim Han Chul and I have one daughter. I think she still inside her bedroom. I’m going to call her. Please sit down, my husband going to serves you.”

Hana eyed her boyfriend, she doesn’t know why but the husband kinda scares her. He emitted a dark aura, scar on his face and his big build make him looks scary. Unknowingly she locked her arm with Jisoo.

Jisoo gave her smile as if saying It’ll be alright and pulls a chair at the second in a row for Hana before sit on the first row himself. He watches the husband prepared something behind there on the viewable kitchen, a food smell trailing the air when he moved the cooked meat to the plate, the visual and smell definitely make him hungrier.

Mr. Kim came over to place the food, Jisoo gave him smile but he just left. Jisoo hopes it because he doesn’t notice it.

Foods are all presented and everyone has gathered. He learned that the daughter is Hana’s age. She dressed exactly like her mother, feminine and modestly. A fruit doesn't fall too far from the tree. Mr. Kim and his daughter seem to be a quiet type, they barely talk and their face showing no emotion nor in the eyes. Mrs. Kim mostly the one leading their conversations.

“Your meat very delicious. I never tried anything like this. You must be good cook Mr. Kim” Jisoo praised.

Mrs. Kim laughs to melt the awkwardness when her husband didn’t respond, “We used the best meat on earth. He is not a good cook, it's the meat that delicious hahaha”

“A good ingredient needs a good cook to create a delicious food” Hana joined in, completely fresh. The foods are so good, she never feels so greedy her entire life but she wants to finish everything by herself.

“Enough of flattery young people, you will make us fly.” And everyone laugh. By everyone, it means Hana, Jisoo, and Mrs. Kim but Jisoo was so sure that the daughter's lips lift upward slightly, only to fade again.

He doesn’t want to accuse the husband and the daughter is weird even when his inner thought kinda wants to believe the opposite. It completely makes sense if they lost the ability to socialize especially when you live in a remote area like they’re in. Jisoo doubts there are guests every day.

They walk back to the main room to get their luggage and headed upstairs to their room. Jisoo and Hana were chatting lightly about unimportant things when he heard a thud. An inaudible scream and his smile wiped away as he stops walking; he asked Hana to be quiet.

“What?” Hana question curiously. They stopped halfway on the stairs.

Jisoo trying to focus his hearing but the sound never come back, he tilted his head; confused. He was sure he head a noise, even though it's inaudible and there chance he was misheard.

“C’mon don’t act weird” Hana nudged him, afraid he was acting to scare her. Although it was impossible for this beautiful place to be haunted.

“It's nothing.” He said and back to climb the stairs.

****

 

Dark, quiet and stink. Three words that can describe the state of the room he occupied. He hardly blinked his eyes open, trying to wake up. The smell of rancid immediately exploded in his lungs when he gains consciousness. The bloodshot eyes shot open and welcome by the complete darkness. He grunted as he tried to sit on his . His hands and feet are fastened.

He pants, scared.

Like a memory train, a series images of memories hit him. Before losing consciousness, he tried to enjoy a cup of coffee but something hard hit his head from the back with a loud smack.

He tried to use his to move with all the struggle, although he is not sure which is a better direction to go cause seems like this place isn’t just a normal room. He flinched when in touch with something, he turned around and wildly scan the blackness he still can’t adjust to.

While panting, he pushes some courage to find out what was he touched. Back facing the object direction, he pushes back his while palpating the floor with his hands that tied at the back. He almost stops breathing when he’s in touch with a skin—finger.

He was aghast but began to think. If he ends up in such a place, so the girl he came with. With that thought, Mark going back toward the hand and shook it. “Mijoo...Mijoo!”

A woman voice groaning and Mark's mouth stretch to a smile.

She trying to fix her vision at one point but she couldn’t. For a momentary, she thought she still in her dreamland but when she heard a stranger male voice, she knows this isn’t one, moreover when she felt a touch. She pushes her body off the ground easily.

“Mijoo! You alright?” The voice asked. She can feel a presence came closer to her so she pushes herself back away. Who could this stranger be?

“Where are we?” Her voice trailed and his smile fade.

“You’re not Mijoo..” He whispered. Hana tries to figure who is the man she talked to but foremost important things flash her mind. Where is Jisoo?

She barbarically throws her face side to side, although she knows it impossible to see in the pitch darkness but for somehow she wishes she could. Her chest rose and fell as nausea hit her, she got a panic attack. Her heart rate was accelerating and her mind replayed crash-stories on a short loop.

 

****

 

“Lets quickly do this, our food supply is thinning” Said younger woman in her modest blue dress designed for Mediterranean days. She opens the freezer and scanned the almost empty space. Two jars remained.

An older man holds two cleavers on his hand, clashing both thick-spined knife to make screech sound that sending a chill down to the spine. He does the moves as he approaches a look like dental clinic’s bed for a patient with a difference of hands and feet fastener in both hand and leg rest.

A weak prey was lying unconsciously on the bed. Scar on the forehead.

“I’m going to help mother with her electric saw,” His daughter said as she glace last time toward the unfortunate soul on the bed in a very unemotional look. The dead eyes.

****

 

An engine sounds on, blur the thoughts each have on mind. It sounds so close that their heart about to jump out of its place. Mark quickly push himself forward to Hana to ask her to help him release his hands. In midst of panic and surprise, Hana does as he asked. It was quite hard to untie him but luckily Hana was a member of scout once and it's enough for her to learn knot trick and easy way to untie it.

“How did u end up here?” Finally, Hana decided to ask something.

“We got lost in the forest and found this Inn in the dawn.”

“We?”

“Yeah, me and my girlfriend” He sighed, “I don’t know where is she now”

Hana felt even sadder at how weak He sounded. Hana begins to shaking and she glad in this darkness he wouldn't notice. She pulls her hands into fists to stop her shake, she must be strong to look for her boyfriend but current situation starts to creep her out. First, they lost, they wasted gas, they late and now they’re on the verge of death.

“We gotta look for your girlfriend and my boyfriend and escape this place.” Even though her voice was soft and almost sounds like a whisper but Mark could hear the determination in that.

They both push themselves up and hands reaching the air as they try to find the doorway out.

 

****

 

He was half conscious, the first thing to hit him was a very, very headache. His forehead creased, then slowly he began to recognize the circumstances around. The shrill sound coming from the knife he thought—which is right—made him cringe. The big light shone on his face blinding him instantly but he tried to hold it, and when he saw a big shadow approaching him, he grimaced.

He could not recognize—still blinded by the light—something that came to him, but he heard clearly the sound of a knife's blade. He knows this isn’t right.

"Go!" He exclaimed, trying to release his hands and feet from the tight ties on his wrist and ankle.

His head throbbed painfully and he could not see that very well but more beyond that, he is worried about the safety of his lover. With energy left he has, the desire to save his lover makes his body stronger ten times more powerful. With a strong appeal, he manages to free his legs—too much of his luck the ankle fasten wasn’t that strong anymore.

Before the shadow could get any closer to him, he immediately kicked it away.

"Bastard!" He heard a hoarse voice in an angry tone after the silhouette had fallen by him.

Jisoo hurriedly tried to pull out his hand from the tie of his wrist. Like a strong shell, it is very difficult to escape. Though with every pull he took was risking removing the skin from his hands, he was much more willing than to die, right then and there.

From the beginning he should have felt a strange tingle, a beautiful villa standing in a very remote place, enough reason to plant a suspicion. A small family that is isolated but still looks healthy and fit. If he were a little more sensitive, maybe they—he and his lover—still stay fit with no wounds and anxiety of seeing another day.

Before he is able to release his last hand, the shadow has to stand back and hit Jisoo’s head hard. His skull knocked against the wall behind him.

"!"

****

 

Hana and Mark eventually found the surface of the wall—or like an iron wall, they were not sure because it was so hard, semi cold and could not feel the door handle, maybe the door was on another part of the surface they found. Both felt the walls while walking through the wall as a guide in the darkness they begin to familiar with.

"How did you guys ended here?" Mark asked, easing the tension they had felt from since they gain conscious.

“Just like you” Hana keep a short answer, doesn't even want to remember it anymore. Everything goes wrong ever since they stuck in the forest.

Mark leads their way. When he feels they have been walking far enough, he stops, "Do you think we're circling over this place?"

“Not again” Hana almost whining. “There must be something…” her voice trailed off, as she forces herself to see in that darkness. There gotta be something of help. She began to kick the ground, use her leg to detect something. She started to leave the wall and walked into the center of the room.

“Let’s walk some further, there is no way this place doesn’t have a door.”

They don’t know how long have they’ve been trapped inside of the darkness, last time Hana can remember it was around 11.00 PM when she about to sleep. This could be the dawn, morning, or evening again for all she knows.

“I found a gap!” Hana exclaimed. Her face brightens with a smile despite for looking weak and lethargic. She palpates the wall to feel the doorknob. Mark was already standing behind her the moment she held the knob.

****

 

Jisoo groans hard, he knew blood began to drip from his head. He grits his teeth to hold in the pain. The after effect of bright light still blinding his eyes but the moment his head hit the wall almost makes him lose his sight.

The bigger man tower over him, if he could still see the shadow before, now everything pretty much blurs.

He felt the cold cleaver blade in touch with his chin when the shadow man—which he supposed as Mr. Kim—rise up his face to meet his blurred face. Jisoo grimace as he heard his little snicker. As Jisoo expected, his hand skin is torn from his flesh, cause it to stink when he tries to move his body away, avoiding the bulk man.

“I could give you the quickest, nonpainful death” Mr. Kim began, it’ll be the first time he heard his voice—if he doesn’t count his cursed before. The tip of the sharp blade was used to trailed his lower face. Jisoo winced.

“But see what you’ve done to yourself.” He heard Mr. Kim tsk-ing, as he steps away from him—backfacing Jisoo.

Jisoo does not even know if the bad man turns away from him. All he could think at the moment is, escape now or never. So there he took his chance, as big as birdbrain chance. Depending on his sense he reaches nearby item he saw with his blurred eyes and stab it on Mr. Kim shoulder.

The old man screams.

Jisoo pulls back the tool he supposed as operation’s knife and stabs it in his back over and over until Mr. Kim had to stop him by twisting his arm outer way that his cracking bone very much audible in that small room.

Jisoo instantly scream.

“You, son of a !” Mr. Kim cursed as he put more pressure on his broken bone, putting all his revenge on it. His face reddened by the force he did.

Jisoo let out a painful cry, his whole body weaken. Broken bone probably won't kill him but now that he is almost could do nothing, his life has done in his hand. But together with a loud smack above him, the pressure over his broken arm was lifted and he heard a woman sound crying silently.

“Hana?” Jisoo called out in his miserable state. The big wound on his face slightly above his eyes, fresh blood dripping free. He could see colors approaching but he couldn’t make out what was coming, he was hoping he could see his girl before he must die.

A sudden hug force pushes him backward. She did not say anything but hug him tightly. Jisoo smiles, despite his condition.

“We gotta leave fast” Mark spoken giving warning as he stands on guard at the doorstep. “Before two others find us.”

Jisoo grimace, he squinted his eyes although it’ll be no help for him. “Who are you?” Jisoo asked surprise as he tried to put a defensive hand in front of Hana’s back.

“Shh, Oppa...He is just like us. Trapped here” Hana calm him, reaching on his face, almost making her tearing up again as she sees it.

“Can you walk oppa?”

Jisoo gave a small nod and try to stand on his own, a little wobble but he managed to walk. Hana backs him up by warping his fine arm around her shoulder as they leave the room—leaving Mr. Kim who is faint.

****

 

Hana support Jisoo as they passing the hallway in an unfamiliar surround, today they discovered that the Kim’s have another part of the house which was the red room and this time Hana sure this is another part of the house, possibly the basement.

Mark walking ahead of them, he walking even faster when his patience runs out.

Hana wants to ask him to wait for them up but she understand as well his frustration so she let him getting further and further from them.

“I’m sorry I slow you down” Jisoo weakly said, glance at her.

She shakes her head. “As long as we’re safe.”

As they reach the dead end, there were two paths to the right and left and neither Hana or Jisoo quite pay attention to where Mark leave. Each hallway was dim—almost dark, Hana hates it. Jisoo pointed to the right when he knew she couldn’t come up with the decision. Slowly they turn.

The further they walk, the darker it gets, not to add the dim lights that keep flickering on and off. Hana pressed her body closer to her boyfriend, Jisoo chuckled and hug her body tighter. He shouldn’t have to feel that ease in that moment cause danger could attack them anytime but he couldn’t help.

“Don’t you think that’s an elevator?”

Jisoo glanced up, his sight slightly getting better though he still couldn’t make out what was Hana pointing he bopped his head anyway.

They fasten their step to the conveyor door, with an X’s iron bar fence designs that go well with this house.

Hana tries to push the door open because Jisoo couldn’t help. He leaned on the wall beside the iron fences watching her and guilty up inside.

“I think this thing here stuck, let me find something to grub it up,” Hana said as she about to step away from where she stands on. Jisoo gets panic and held her arm.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll be around you, I just need to find…. There! that ax will do!” Hana examines joyful as she spotted small ax perch above a small desk. She runs to it and easily obtains. She getting to happy that at least for now they will be safe.

She began to hit the middle of the fences, where it stuck. With every sound made, she grimaced and she slowed down next and getting louder only to slow down again. It took quite hit before the door completely loose and open for them to enter.

Perhaps Hana was too happy that she fails to notice faint steps approaching them.

As Jisoo successfully enter the hoist Hana push the iron bar closed.

“You think you’ll escape that easily, peasants?” An eerie voice trailer the air as the daughter showed up with a bloody electric saw on her arms, five steps before the fences. Hana gasp.

The daughter force to open the hoist fence with one arm professionally like she had been doing it for long, while Hana was definitely struggling. Hana let out a scream when the door begins to move open, Jisoo hides Hana behind him. One arm helplessly hangs from his shoulder and another one opens wide in defensive mode.

“I let you both say goodbye to each other while I open this goddamn door. You better use your remaining time well, cause I give no mercy.”

Hana and Jisoo exchanging glances. Hana couldn’t just give up like that waiting death mocking in front of her face as she bravely steps forward to reach the ax she previously used and begin to smash on the daughter's hand.

The daughter scream like a mad woman, “How dare you, low life!” Wrath is thick in her speech.

Ignoring her fear, Hana repeatedly hurt her hand until she thought her outer wrist bleeding hard. She deserved, after what her father did to her boyfriend, that thought anger Hana more suddenly and the less scary she gets.

Jisoo, on the other hand, holds the door with his fine arm to prevent it from being open.

The daughter pulls her hand out for the sakes of her hand. She slammed down the electric saw to the floor and barbarically march forward and push the bar open. She pulls Hana out with her by her hair.

The first thing the daughter do was punch her pretty face until she fell backward. Jisoo obviously tries to help her girlfriend as he kicks the woman away from them. He thinks it’s fine to hurt a bad woman, she doesn’t deserve to be respected.

“I’ve lost my patience to both of you!”

The daughter grit her teeth, eyes filled with madness. Before she could reach to her electric saw, Hana quickly throws her ax to the daughter direction as soon as he sat down with blood running down her nose. Doubt and fear tripping over her but if she can’t save them right now, neither she could later.

The ax stab through the Daughter's chest, as she about to stand on and attack Jisoo who crawl on his knee to Hana with her electric saw. The daughter throws her head to Hana before she falls forward and let the ax stabbed through her body dipper. Her eyes bulging and the mouth opens as if words caught in . Her little fingers still moving slow to Hana direction, the evilness in the eyes has not yet faded. Hana pushes her body away, scared.

Jisoo slowly gets up and step above the daughter’s back then begin to stomp on it like it was a dirt. Hana makes a horror face. She quickly gets up, “We must leave now!” she frantic. She just killed someone—more like Jisoo killed someone. Her heart rate accelerates up with cold sweat forming on her body.

Jisoo leads her back to the hoist and closes the door as it could and let the machine pull them upstairs. He pulls Hana into his hug, trying to calm the shaking girl. He her hair, “It’s okay, It’s okay. Shh”

****

 

Hana and Jisoo carefully step out of the hoist, they’re back to the reading room. The mirror they've seen before turns out to be a secret door to the family sadistic butchering basement. He presses the button behind the one-way mirror and watches it slide to the side in amusement—which wasn’t a right time for it.

Hand in hand they step out of the lift. The room was dark, with one dim bulb as the source of light. They peek the window and find its still dawn outside.

Wobbling, Jisoo walks, he held his dear girlfriend hand tightly. At alert of attacks that might come when he hears steps and noises approaching. He pulls Hana to him as they walk faster to hide.

“Shh,” He told Hana. Despite being worse in conditions, Jisoo still much more capable than she thought.

They watch from the gap behind the door they hide.

The sound of a short breath, a grimace, crummy steps got the couple even more curious and soon they begin to saw a shadow; big silhouette. Hana clasps to keep herself soundless. The shadow getting bigger and bigger. Hana’s body begins to shakes, she’s not ready for another fight and deaths.

Jisoo tensed in his place, one hand hold Hana’s shoulder. He noticed she shakes.

The four eyes of them, watching intensely the figure that going to show up. Every second pass, make their heart beating madly. Jisoo almost didn’t realize he held his breaths.

“That’s Mark!” Hana whispered loud. Glanced to her boyfriend. “He made it”

Hana quietly opens the door and their eyes meet. To Hana’s horror in his arms was lying a girl with incomplete body parts. Hana unconsciously steps backward. Hitting Jisoo’s chest as she stopped. His girlfriend didn’t make it. Tears flowing her eyes as she turns around to cry in Jisoo’s chest.

“I’m sorry for your loss” Jisoo began. Mark seemingly has lost himself. He was staring but not really staring. Jisoo feels great sympathy for him.

Without replying Jisoo, Mark continues his crummy steps. Jisoo breaks his sight off him and calming his girlfriend. “Let’s leave this place” he pushes her body away from his chest carefully and try to look on her face. He wipes away her tears, snot, and blood. Hana bopped her head.

When they reach the living room, they couldn’t find Mark.

“Where is he?” Hana asked.

Jisoo scanned through the rooms with his uncleared sight. He used to it by now. “I don’t know” he shook his head. Most lights in the guests living room are switched off.

They on their way to approach the main door when they sight Mark walked back in with a bottle of petrol in his hand. Hana crunched her eyebrows. Why? What for? She asks inside her mind. Before she could really questions out her thought Jisoo beat her at it.

“What are you doing?” He stopped him by the arm.

Mark return his gaze, unbothered. “Leave, I’m gonna blew up this ing place”

Hana gasps.

“Man, let’s leave together. They’re all died right?”

Mark chuckles, shook his head as he found Jisoo’s words funny. “You think villains die that easily?” His tone was flat. “Even though if they all are, I’ll make sure to kill them again and again and again” Mark gritted his teeth at his last sentences.

“Dude! That’s not worth your life!” Jisoo found his idea completely mad and stupid.

Mark laughed at Jisoo’s statement. “What else worth to live, that my girlfriend” He began, glance at Hana when he mentions the word ‘girlfriend’ and gazes back to Jisoo “Is no longer life.”

Jisoo couldn’t dare to give an answer, he knew Mark is badly shaken by the death of his loved one. He probably would lose his mind too if Hana die. Jisoo can only gaze down afterward. Hana held his arm and step to stand beside him.

“Be careful..”

Mark doesn’t even give her glance as he starts to step in, “Leave.”

Jisoo and Hana watch him missing to the hallway as they finally leave the cursing mansion. Hana couldn’t even see these decorations and flowers in the same way anymore. The raven flew away as they get out of the steel entrance.

The Little sun peeks on the eastern skyline as Hana supported Jisoo to walk towards their car.

Hana glances back one last time to the nightmare of her life and they leave as soon as possible.

 

Fin.


Messages:

Wooaahh I don't know anymore! XD It goes as I plan though but I think I failed in building the tension in the story, sorry, hope it still scare you enough, I was contemplating whether I must chop off Joshua's hand but I'm afraid it'll be too cruel for you XD, ok hope you like! For the rest, I hope you likey likey too~ xoxo