Protecting You [Part 1]

MYUNGSOO ONE SHOT IMAGINES [REQUEST OPEN]

Yuumi walk through the corridors and heard some commotion somewhere near to her destination. Squeezing her brows in doubt, she quicken her steps and saw group of students crowding in something which interest them. She nearly walked away with disinterest when she heard a-


"sorry...i`m so sorry. Please forgive me!".She was alarmed when she heard the pitiful voice and turn her heels right onto the scene squishing herself among the crowds. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw a boy looking helplessly beaten up , down on the floor begging for forgiveness to one other guy who seemed like a bully(to her). Being the one who think first before action , she watch the scene quite frustrated that she`s holding herself. She saw the blood stains on the poor boy`s face and wanted to help him. She couldn`t see the other guy as he was back facing her but she could sense that he is a delinquent.


"I`m so sorry. Please stop this. If ever i did something wrong then i`m sorry. Please let me go. I beg of you!", the boy cried with uneven breathe as the other kept on kicking him nonstop without saying anything.
The guy pulled the collar of the boy harshly ,clearly hearing his words of "forgive me" and nearly punch him when-
"STOP!!"


All heads moved towards the direction of the voice except for the delinquent who stopped his actions and took his time turning to Yuumi.
Yuumi couldn`t lie to herself that she did feel something up her spines when he looked at her right in her eyes, yet, she glared right back at him.
She was shocked when the guy turned away the next minute and punched the boy, resuming what he had to do without giving a care to her. She squeezed her hands in anger and walked up directly at the guy. She looked up straight at him,who stared back at her , not really giving a care.There was a long cold silence in the corridor when she decided to speak up


"Stop this" she simply said not diverting her eyes from his. He raised one eyebrow as if asking what she was talking about.
"I said stop beating him". He didn`t say a word and it was killing her.
"So you don't have a voice?" she sarcastically asked which earned wide eyes from the other students but not the guy before her. It was really frustrating that she was to punch him right a his eyes but she choose to keep her calm. Knowing that its useless trying to question him, she turn away from him and helped the other boy to stand up.The murmerings started in the hallway, clearly leaving someone annoyed.


The boy first refused her, but seeing her kind actions , he accepted her help to which they stand up together with her, holding one of his arms. She looked up the guy again and gave her coldest glare , to which the guy gave a small smirk. He walked closer to them and bend down a little to the ear of the boy and wishpered something which made the boy widened his eyes and started to tremble.This made all students shiver and at the same time curious to what he must have said. The guy gave a last look at Yuumi and walk away with six other guys following him.


Soon,the crowd somehow disappeared.
"You shouldn`t have help me" that's what the boy first said to Yuumi.
"I`ll take that as a thank you" she said back.
He smiled a little and said his thanks.
"Will you be able to walk?"
"Yeah.Thanks again."
"Why did he do that?"
He gulped."You shouldnt have in"
"Thats not what i asked"
"I dont have an answer for that question*cough cough**.Anyways ,..."he bowed a little and walked away


"Does he mean that there's no particular reason" she murmered burning with anger to the guy before.

 


Yuumi unpacked her remaining clothes and kept it neatly in the cupboard. She just came to Seoul from Tokyo yesterday , being transferred here in Woollim High, hoping secretly that she`ll have the chance to meet someone again here in seoul. Soon after joining the class, she was appointed the class president due to her grades and smart actions.

Her phone rang the moment she closed the cupboard,
"Dad? yea its great here. Hope you`ll be here soon...Yeah the dorm is good too . Ok i`ll call you later,bye."
She sighed when she cut off the line. She already miss her only parent. She fall back on her bed and stared up the ceiling "If only you were here..." she murmered drowning her thoughts in those memories and sighed again when she saw the balcony. She smiled and stood up walking towards it and open the curtain allowing the fresh view and air to fill her room. She leaned on the railing breathing in the fresh air and turned at her left but was shocked to see the delinquent before her eyes looking at her with the same eyes before which calmly implied "?"


"Y-You..Why are you here?" she said trying her best to keep calm.
The guy just looked away leaving her somewhat in an embarrasment that he just ignored her. She stomped her foot and walk inside. "What a jerk!.Is he dumb or something? Wait...what if he really is?Hmp! Serves him right..but that cant be . I clearly saw him wishpering before." she kept on blabbering making her way out of the room to complain about her room.
Yuumi lies on the bed with a sigh .


FLASHBACK**


"Sorry Miss Song..there aren't any other room left and yeah thats the last room for the girls dormitory which is next to the boys`"
"But thats so wrong! I can't possibly live next to a boy sharing the same balcony with me."
"The glass door and curtain is there. Its not unsafe dear. You`re overconcerning. Moreover, the student at that room wont even give a you know."
"Did you just insult me , ma'am? *Yuumi frowned thinking that the Warden is disregarding her as a woman."
"No no dear. I mean that L kid, the student next door."
"L? oh you mean that delinquent pfft. More reason to be concious*She said sarcastically"
"I'm telling you. He won't care so its safe. Lets stop this Miss Yuumi, he might be sneezing right now because of our talk"
"Ha .Serves him right."


---END OF FLASHBACK


She wasn't the type to give a care to this kind of things...buy somehow she just doesn:t have a good impression of L. She just hated how arrogant he acts and wanted to tear of that ever-so-calm face mask. He didn't even say anything yet and she's so mad at him already. But why? Why does it concern her so much? She sighed a long breathe and think that she should just ignore him and focus on her stay in the place.


Just then she looked at the balcony side and saw a silhoutte. She stayed calm but freaked out on the inside, jumping down the bed and opening the curtain to see the person she's expecting. She widened her eyes in anger.
"You! What are you doing here!?"
L picked up something from the floor and showed it to her. Her eyes followed his hands and squinted her eyes on the shiny glass charm with the shape of L on his hands.

"What's that?" She looked up when she didn't get an answer.
"Aish! Dont tell me you're dumb! I'm asking you why are you on my territory?"


She glared hard in his eyes to which the other didn't waver and turned away walking on his side of the territory.
"YAH! You can't just come here when you want to-" She widen her eyes when he suddenly turned and walk towards her .
Next thing she knew, she was trapped on the wall. She was alarmed. She tried to kick on his shin which failed miserably and try to push him back which failed leading for the taller to hold both her hands on the sides.
She tried to shout again when he spoke up.
"You like this, don't you?"


The girl felt tingles hearing his voice for the first time, it was soft yet deep yet sweet yet scary. She shook off those thoughts and shouted at his face
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!?"
"This is why i hate you delinquents! Wasting time and money of your parents by studying in schools yet doing miserable things. Aren't you ashamed!?"
The guy named L let go of her hands when he heard her lines and back of a bit for her comfortable zone.
"So you do have a voice and concience.." She added sarcastically.


"You're loud" that was the last and 2nd line she heard from him that day...
She thought that he was wierd and oddly quiet but brush it off the next second without letting it bother her.

*-*-*-*


Yuumi was incharge for cleaning the basketball court today. She heard the sound of the ball beating the ground gradually once, she entered the big room , unvoluntarily looking up, she saw him again. Ignoring her second thoughts of walking away, she entered the room with the rag and water bucket. L ignored the second person in the room and kept on making his goals on the net which he didn't miss, even one.


The girl stole little glances curious to how far she is from him that she had to polish his floor area too. Yes, she won't lie that she is concious of him.


"Prez.."
Hmp? Did she hear someone calling her?
She look up at him to see him turned towards her , looking her in the eyes just like he always does. Huh?
She pointed to herself "Did you just call me 'prez'?"


L ignored and pointed at the ball near her feet. She looked down and make an 'oh' with and pick up the ball throwing it back onto him facing his perfect figure with the sleeveless top praising his sculpture which failed to flatter her.


He turned away and aimed for the net again. He paused for a bit seeming to be having a thought but strikes his target the next second. The sound of the ball running away bouncing on the floor, was the only sound that could be heard in the hall. For a moment, L stood there and Yuumi have been looking at him since passing him the ball.


'You're weird'
'You're weird'
Both of them said the next second at the same time making both of them widen their eyes a bit. L turned to her and casted his signature eyes on her.


"Why?" She heard him asked.
"No specific reason.." She answered to which he nodded and head for his backpack . He stopped his step to walk away, when she asked
"How about me? Why am i wierd?"
A moment of silence was there but spoiled when he said the same
"No specific reason"
And he walked away heading to the boy's washroom. She just sighed calming her furious valves.


After keeping the things in the janitor's and washing her hands, she step out of the washroom to find out that someone step out at the same time from the boys washroom next to girls. Both of them look at each other. Yuumi cleared and walk away followed by the other.


Knowing that he walked slowly on purpose, she stopped to which he stopped. She turned to him
"L shi. I don't like this awkwardness between us you know"
He looked at her for a second and walk away the next second to which the girl followed next to him at the side.
"I don't even know why i'm so affected by you", she said honestly.
"I thought you're some trouble making student which now doesn't seem that way"
He then spoke up suddenly
"I thought you were different"
"Wait..what? ..does that even mean"
"Nothing" he tried to walk off again to which she held him back. He paused for a bit.
"Just like i thought, you're just some psycho girl trying to get my attention by playing innocent."

"W-what!!?"
"You don't need to explain.These things happen a lot to me . It doesn't even bother me anymore."

Then he walked away leaving Yuumi dumbfounded.
"What? Psycho? Attention ?"


She was furious as hell. How can he see her that way who doesn't even care about boys and other things girls care about. She was annoyed. How can he say that? She did nothing wrong.
She just doesn't like the sound of it...and she's not going to leave it just like that.


She stomped inside her room and walked out to the balcony and stood infront of his room noticing the telescope at the side. She pressed her lips before knocking on his glass door.
"YAH!! L shi. We need to talk. Please come out."

The curtain swayed to the side revealing a shirtless L which failed to take attention from the girl's eyes.
"We need to talk" she mouthed and walked away to the side waiting for him to come out.
Just as she heard the door opened.


"You know what? I'm not the type to take somthing seriously, but not when anyone thinks wrong of me." She said turning to him seeing him still shirtless.
"And if you're thinking about testing me if i squeal or play hard to get...when i see you like this..then your test problem is wrong."
L looked at her with interest


"So you're saying.You're not flattered to see me like this?"
"Yeah i don't really care and i don't need to seek attention from you because you're not my type. And peulease~ don't be so full of yourself. I just don't like being misjudge like this that's why i'm explaining..not because i want to clarify so you'll like me. If you don't like it then lets think that we never knew each other. I don't know you and you don't know me. I won't come out from my room, and you can do whatever you like. I just hope people wont judge me like that..thats all. I won't lie that i do know that you are popular and that you have those girls. But I'm sorry if you think i'm one of your psycho fans and add me as one of them. I do thought that you kinda intrigue me...but that was just because you are wierd. Why? Because you are a delinquent and at the same time not act like one. You don't seem to speak a lot too so its just wierd and odd cause not many people are like that. So its natural that i find it weird. And in the first place i didn't even know you. I just found out that you had fangirls when i add the puzzle up when some girls squealed whenever they see you(which is obvious wherever we go) and you saying the psycho thingy..which was just today..And no i never had the intention to do such creepy things of stalking and grabing attention from you. I don't even find you attractive in the first place and i have someone who's not you that i like." She breath out a long breathe after saying all those and added, "so,any questions?"

"You have a guy you like?"
The girl frowned.
"That's not my point here"
"That's a question"
Yuumi gave a (-_-) face to which L find it cute making him hold his laugh a little
"Well that doesn't concern you"
"It does. I won't ask you if it didn't"
"What does that even mean?"
"means i'm interested to know who you like"
"And why would i answer that?"
"Because you said 'any questions?' ?"
She made that face which made him laugh again.
"Why are you laughing!?"
L brought out his hand and flicked her forehead earing an 'oww' from her.
"You're cute"
"That doesn't flatter me at all"
He smiled.
"Well i won't deny u look good when you smile" she said which made him realised he just smiled and so leading to quickly cover it up with some coughs.
"You just believe what i said didn't you?:P just kidding"she added making the guy frown.
"You haven't answered me yet", he said
"oh..well its just someone you don't need to know" she replied. L could pick up the sad tone and look she had but didn't further ask.
"Any other questions?"
He shook his head
"So you do believe that i'm not a fangirl of yours right?"
He shook his head.
"Hey! What does that even mean?"
"Prez...Why did you do that?"
"Do what? wait...Why are you calling me prez. I'm not from your class..and how do you know i'm a class president!?"She asked suspiciously
"I have my ways..."
"uh..so..don't tell me you are the stalker here?"she asked defensively
-Yeah i sent out my guys to spy on you
-W-What!?
-W-Why did you in that day?
-Well i couldn't have just stand there watching someone beaten right in morning on the first day i came to school! Can i?
-so you played the heroine?
-Arrgh! You're getting on my nerves. I just hated it okay!? I hated bullies since young.I hate them.
-You are in danger once you stand in my way, you know that?
-WHAT!? Do you think i'll be scared of you!? I don't care as long as i stand for justice! You people are the worst!
She turned away not wanting to talk with him anymore when she was held back by her wrist .She glared at him.
"I'm not scared"
"Why did you think i did that to that kid?"
"Answer that yourself and reflect on yourself!" she tried to break away from his hand which failed miserably.
"I'm asking you what's your first impression on me?"
"What else do you think? People who like to beat and bully others with no mercy, which i hate the most!"

She heard him chuckle, and released her hand
"I thought you would be different..people are just the same" saying that he walked away
Wait? what? what does he mean by that? Yuumi 's eyes followed his back which eventually fall on the telescope when he went inside. Something just irked her by what he said. Its not like she did anything wrong but why does it felt like she did..?
Morning seeps in through the wide glass door waking up Yuumi's sleepy eyes.


She dressed up for class and walk passing the hall when she heard some noise. She peeped in the gym curious just to see a horrible scene. L was punching a guy hard on the floor. The guy was full with blood. He kept on punching and kicking him nonstop. Yuumi was really horrified with the scene that she fell hard om the floor catching the attention of L. L stopped beating the guy and cursed biting his lip. He left the guy dragging Yuumi out of the room.


"Why do you always in!!?" he cursed out. Yuumi was terrified but picked herself up.
"You're such a horrible person!"
"SO WHAT IF I AM!?" The girl bite her lips.
"Do you feel happy when you see people suffer?"
"I don't"
"I don't care about the reason. I hate people like you!"she tried to walk away but held back harshly.
"Don't blame me if you suffer from here on".
. After a while evening classes start the teacher started to teach a topic on 'Hatred' . Just then, the door open revealing L casually walking inside. Students started to whisper. Yuumi was kinda shocked.


"L haksaeng. Its unusual for you to be in class?"
He bowed a little and walked his way at the corner and sat down. He didn't give a care to all those who looked at him including Yuumi.
"Why is he here?"
She shook off the thoughts. And the class resumed . When the teacher asked
"I'm sure you all have people who you hate or don't like..?"
Eventually Yuumi's eyes darted to L. The male sense it but never bothered to look back.


Class ended Yuumi came up to the roof to have some freshair when she saw that particular guy leaning on the railings. She tried to go away not wanting to face him when he called out.
"Prez", she stopped her steps
"Why are you running away when you see me?"
"You stared at me in class too. Why is that? Don't tell me you have already fallen for me?"
"Shut up! Its not like that! I hate you and the entire lesson was about ' hatred 'so i looked at you because i hate you."
"oh...you seem genuine when you say that. Looks like you mean it.*asked sarcastically**"
"I hate you. Don't talk to me."


She tried walking away but as always he held her back.
"Do you think i'll easily let you away after the butting in with my business??"
"You're horrible."
"Dont stay far away from me now."
"Are you going to torture me!?"
"Worse than that."
"I hate you"
"I know"


Night falls..the sky was clear, moon shining brightly with the sun under cover. Yuumi opened the door and walked out the balcony to let some fresh air when..-
"You didn't keep your promise" came from the mouth of her neighbour.


She was surprised when she looked at his side who was observing the sky on the telescope there. He divert his eyes from the lens and looked at her.
-You said you won't come out and that i can do anything i like here.
"Ah..i kinda forgot" she said plainly trying to go in again.


But L motioned her to come over. She refused shaking her head not wanting to face him. The male praised his lips and stood up to walk over her dragging her in front of the lens.
"Y-Yah..i sai i d-"
"I don't have anyone to do this together with
Just when she heard those words she look up at him."
"What? Don't pity me. I just said its lonely to watch alone. No one is here to watch together with know."

She nodded getting his point.
"Do you see that one star?"
She nodded
"Isn't it pretty?"
She nodded again.

"...."

"Why are you even showing me this?"
"You're not interested?"
"I'm, but not when you are being wierd...but that's so you so yeah."
L chuckled.
She look up at him and felt him fidgeting
"I want to teach you a lesson", he said suddenly.


"W-what!?"
"You judged me on your first impression and stick to it. Just as how much you hate injustice. I too, hate it."


A minute of silence filled the air
"Do you really have to act with violence.? I know i'm not one to say this..but i just can't stand it"
"Everything has a reason"
"And what horrible reason is that!?"
"Now that you got involved, you'll know it pretty soon."
"What does that mean? And involved? Just because i stood up for pityful people?"(She looked up at him annoyed)
"Everyone is not pityful, Song Yuumi."
Yuumi felt tingles in the pit of her stomach when her name came out from his lips. She gulped
"Just call me prez. I don't like my name coming out from your mouth..."
L didn't say anything.
"And how come you're in my class. Why weren't you before?"
"I usually don't go to classes. Its boring"
"And why today?"
"Told you..there's always a reason"

___________________________________________________

To Be Continued,,...