[XII] - Yayo not Nanny

Nanny not Yayo
Please log in to read the full chapter

|N|othing happened after that kiss, and the kisses after that, all in the honor of Mr. Oh. It only left me hanging, like an open-ended story.

How I wanted to laugh, whilst, bawling my eyes out in front of him that time, just so he could be aware.

How I wanted to punch his face until it's no longer recognized, maybe that could easily make me forget what he looks like.

And sadistic it may sound, how I wanted to hear his screams and see him bleed that time, just so I could assume that he also feels my pain.

But I can't, I didn't.

Because I know not to look so desperate for his love no matter how true it is.

So all I did was to swallow the bitterness.

In the end, Mr. Oh only declared that I would get inside his car and we will go home together. I've been accompanied by silence the whole ride, not caring about the man behind the wheels at that moment, nor the weight of his stare once I'm out of his vehicle after a quiet "thank you". Only when he revved up his engine and drove away, when I was left standing on the sidewalk, in front of a house I don't even know who the owner is, that was when my tears fell, like a heavy raindrops from the sky.

Last night, I ran like a child bullied by his playmates towards home and maybe just like the old times, there's mom to hear my complaints about my wounds.

Funny how all of it is inflicted on my heart.
 

👧👉👦
 

|A|s I'm not planning to be cliché like anyone else and wallow myself on self-pity brought by a brokenheart, the day after, I come to work.

Taking a deep breath and opening the shop's front door, I gave off my most vibrant smile as I greet the coworkers I met on the way. I kept in mind what I reminded myself before I left home, "I am strong. I am not weak. I will keep moving forward."

I'll no longer care for even the one I'm caring about is mindless about me.

"Yo, Layzhing!" Grabbing Yixing's attention from the counter (who seriously looks like a dying beggar because of customer deprivation) who turned to look at me, I skipped happily while approaching him.

"Oy, Han--what the !?" Layzhing's smile disappeared and now he has on his face what's supposed to be the deepest frown I've ever seen.

"What?" was my cheeky reply, as if Layzhing's reaction was both surprising and amusing for me.

"Did something happened last night after we left?" My smile faltered a little because of the sudden question but I know I have to keep pretending.

"No? Why?"

"Because that's the fakest smile I've ever seen."

For a moment, I stiffened. My face goes blank, like a sand washed up by the waves from the seashore. But then I've managed to get back on my poise and rolled my eyes at Yixing before laughing my off, treating what he said as a joke.

"Oh, Layzhing, c'mmon! I am not! Look, I'll prove it to you," I saw Chanyeol coming out from the staff room so I grabbed his attention,

"Yah, Chanyoda, I look happy, right?"

"Yes, Lu!" and we fist bump in the air. Then I saw Baekhyun entered the coffee shop looking like "Park-ing-Chanyeol-you're-so-gonna-have-my-Wreak-Havoc.mp3" once again but whatever,

"Sassyhyun, I'm not looking sad, right?"

"No, is there a reason for you to be sad? Unlike me, you don't have 'someone' whom you can 'expect' to come at work 'together' with you but didn't wake you up and left you to suffer on your own. You're fortunate to be single, ." With that said, all I can do now is watch Baekhyun bump Chanyeol's shoulder and slam the kitchen door before returning my attention to Yixing,

"Hey! You always say you need your beauty sleep even if you're already beautiful to me so I didn't wake you up!"

"W-Well, you're an idiot for thinking that!" all the while hearing ChanBaek's (courtesy of Minseokkie hyung) silly argument.

"See?"

"Yeah, right."
 

👧👉👦
 

|J|ust as when I'm out of the staff room, fully-dressed and ready to start my afternoon, the bell chime rings signalling that someone came in which is either an employee or a new customer.

Yu Hui.

Maybe I'd never saw her before, not even once, but I know who she is the moment I saw her face entered the scene.

For she really looks like me.

(Now, are we not really related?)

"Xing, please accommodate her, I know who she's looking for, I'm going to the manager's office." I commanded Layzhing as I slipped away from the counter and go to the place that's been a while since I last entered.

I knocked three times, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

That's when I decided...

"Good afternoon, Mr. Oh."

"Han..." If I was surprised that by the tone of his voice, it's seems like he's expecting me, I don't bother to show it anymore. Besides, involving myself once again on his web of deception is not what I have in mind right now. The only one he's waiting for all this time, the only one who will complete him...the only one he really loves, she already came back, for him, and I knew I just have to bring her to him.

After all, only Yu Hui could bring the life out of Oh Sehun and back.

"Excuse myself for barging in but there's someone outside--" that will make you happy more than anything and bring your life back the way it used to be, is what I want to add but wasn't able to because he cut me off (which I'm more than glad that he did because I might break down here and now if that really slipped from my lips).

"Han, listen." He stood up from his seat and walked slowly to where I am standing. I assumed that Yixing have already told her which way to go.

"I," Mr. Oh continued to trudge his way towards me. I don't know what he's going to say but with the way he looks at me, it must be something important and it's making me nervous in a bizarre way.

Yet, the clock is ticking and she might be in front of the office door already.

"I l--" and I'm not wrong. Before Mr. Oh could even finish what he's going to say, the door opens and reveals the intruder.

It's time for me to go away.
 

👧👉👦
 

"A-Ah, please excuse myself." I bowed at Mr. Oh and to Ms. Yu Hui before passing by her and hastily going out of the office.

From the back of my mind, I could still hear the longing in Mr. Oh's voice as I heard him call Yu Hui's name, matched on the enthusiasm of seeing her lover lacing on the latter's voice when I closed the manager's office door.

I have to admit, it was a perfect blend for a destined love story.

"Who's that?" what Yixing asked me once I'm back beside him to officially start my afternoon.

"That's his...literally long lost lover. Never expected them to meet this way though."

From my uncomfortable stance behind the counter, I think of when I will bid my goodbye to auntie Joon Hee and write my resignation letter. I have to stay out of Mr. Oh's life now, I want him to be happy and not encounter any chaos because of me.

Especially since, I just saw him and Ms. Lu exit the manager's office, hand in hand, staring at each other, and smiling, both feeling in love.
 

👧👉👦
 

"Hello?"

"Yu Hui..."

"Sehun? Oh Sehun!? Hey! How are you?"

"Doing fine missing you."

"O-Oh..."

"I know now, we can't come back the way we used to be but so help me,"

"Help me find my way back to Han."
 

👧👉👦
 

|F|or the mean time, I'm secretly enduring the woes of unrequited love ma

Please log in to read the full chapter