Pie

Everything's change

I felt heat touched my face and I smelled coffee.  I opened my eyes, I realized it was already morning.  l noticed that I was not wearing anything and just covered with blanket.  I pulled the blanket to cover my body and I saw a woman at my right sleeping beside me.  I pulled myself up and I realized it was not just one woman but two.  Two women.  I totally forgot what was happening last night after I sniffed the drug Mike gave. 

“Good morning.” Pie greeted seated beside the coffee table.  I guessed she was waiting for me to wake up.

“Good morning.” I greeted back hesitantly.

She stood up, walked closer to the bed and picked my clothes scattered on the floor.  “We’re leaving.” She threw my clothes to my face and went back to her chair. “Make it quick, we should leave before they wake up.” I nodded and move slowly out the bed.

“Ding!” The elevator opened.  I was still not at myself.  I kept thinking what was already last night.  We arrived at the lobby and I realized we were at the same hotel.

“Drink this.” Pie gave her coffee to me.  “I know what you feel.  I felt that too the first time took the drug.”

I accepted her coffee and took a sip.  We were walking to the doors.  Mike was already outside waiting on his car.

“Where do you live?” Mike asked looking at the rear mirror.

“The River.” I answered.

Mike turned at me.  “You live there?” He asked.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“Okay, glad we live in the same block.” Mike the engine.

The drive was silent.  My phone buzzed from my coat.  I checked it, a message from Aunt In.  She said she will visit me next me.  I smiled.  I missed her so much.

The stopped.  “You’re here.”  Mike said.

I nodded and opened the door. “Thank you.” I said shyly.

“Kim, wait.” Mike said. I paused and looked at him. “Do you still remember where the underground located?”

“Yes, thank you by the way.” I responded and went out the car.

The doorman noticed me and he hurriedly opened the front door for me.

“Hey Kim!” Pie shouted from the car.

I turned around. “Yes?”

“See you around.” She said and winked at me then the car moved and left.

The food and coffee were already on the table when I arrived at my kitchen.  I only drank the coffee and went straight to the bathroom.  After the shower, I the TV.  I saw my parents on news admired by people being top on business world.  I realized it was an exclusive interview by a newscaster from a CNN.  I watched my parents, they looked very happy.  They answered the questions perfectly until one question got hit me.  The question was, “Do you have children to inherit your success when you retire?” My mother answered that question.  She answered and shook her head, “no.”

A tear fell, I don’t know what to do anymore.  I turned off the TV and crawled to my bed.  I buried my face in my pillow to shout.  My parents don’t want me.  I was an unwanted child.

My phone rang from the kitchen.  It was already afternoon.  I fell asleep from crying.  I jumped out from my bed walked straight to the kitchen and picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Good afternoon, Miss Kim.  Someone is looking for you.”

“Who?” I asked.

“Her name is Pie.  She said it is important.” The receptionist answered.

“Okay, bring her here.” I ordered.

“Yes, Miss Kim.” I hanged up the phone. 

I ran straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.  I took some of my favorite t shirt and changed.  Then the door buzzed.

I opened the door.

“Hello.” Pie greeted.

“Oh, hello to you too. Come in.”

“Penthouse. You live in a penthouse.”  Pie looking around.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“Tour me around?” Pie pleaded.

“Sure.  Let’s start where you stand.”

I guided Pie the living room, kitchen, the 4 bedrooms including her room.  We stopped at the terrace.  Pie was enjoying looking at city by using the tower viewer.

“Your place is amazing.” Pie said still looking at the telescope.  I nodded.

“Big time.” She said. “Owned?” She asked.

I nodded. “Yes, actually, I owned the whole building and the other ones across the street.”

“Wow. Wait, I thought this area are owned by the business power couple?  I watched the news this morning.  Are you related to them?”

“Well, I am their daughter. The only child.”

“But they said on the interview that….”

I looked down.

“Oh my God, I get it. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“Why?”

I shook my head. “I really don’t know.  They just gave me these buildings to manage after I graduated.”

“I thought there are good people, big minus for me. Is that the reason why you were crying? I can see it in your eyes, well I noticed when you open the door.”

I nodded and looked down.

“I saw stairs when we checked the kitchen, what’s that for?”

“Billiard.” I answered.

“Do you play?” She asked.

“No, actually.”

She nodded. “I see.  I’m hungry, do you have food?  Let’s go back to your kitchen.”

 “I’ll call the chef to cook for us.”

“Okay.”