Back to the underground

Everything's change

“That was super delicious meal, Chef Hongyok.” Pie thanked thankfully rubbing her belly.

“You are most welcome, Miss Pie.”

“Thank you, Chef.  Next time?”  Kim added.

“Yeah, just call me.  Especially this pretty girl will come visit you again.”

Pie smiled.

“I have to back downstairs.  Bye.” Hongyok left.

 

Kim stood up and started washing the dishes.

“You need any help?” Pie asked behind me.

“Yes, if you want you can dry those couple of dishes.“ I said pointing the plates on the towel next to the sink.  “Where’s Mike by the way?”

“Oh, I forgot to tell you earlier.  He took a red eye to Paris to visit his family and some businesses.”

“His family live there?”

“Yes, they migrated 15 years ago.”

“I see.  When he will come back?”

“After a week.  Kim, after this, do you want to hang out? I mean outside?”

“Where?”

“Actually, I need a drug to fuel my body. You know.”

“Okay.”

----------

 “Are we going to the under?” I asked when we left the building.

“The drugs there are expensive, my money is not enough.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Really?”

“Yes.  Can we just walk to the hotel?”

“Sure.”

There was a silent while we were walking to our destination.  The night was getting colder, I put my both hands in my pocket to keep me warm. 

“Hmmm, Pie.” I tried breaking the silence.

“Yes?”

“What do you do for a living?” Trying to start a conversation.

“I am a tutor.” She answered.

“What subject?”

“Math.”

I nodded.  “Good pay?”

“Yes, great pay.  I tutor rich kids actually.  I have a friend teaching in a private school, she always recommends their parents with kids having problem with math to me.”

“Interesting. So, do you love kids?”

“Yes, I love kids.”

I nodded.  “How about Mike?”

“No, he said kids are noisy and too messy.”

“How long you and Mike….”

“4 years I guess?” She interrupted.

“Seems not sure?” I asked.

She counted her fingers. “Yes, 4 years.”

I nodded. “Okay.”

“How do you guys meet?”

“He was almost bumped us while I was crossing the street.”

“Really? With whom? You said ‘us’.”

“I was with this kid I tutored with.  He was asking for ice cream after he answered all my questions.  I promised him a reward then he asked for ice cream right away.  It was a perfect timing; the kid’s parents arrived and saw what happened.  I almost got fired that time because we were not allowed to go out but the kid really wanted to eat ice cream so I gave in.  I got scolded in front of their kid then Mike explained the parents that it was his fault not mine.  After that, he asked my number then that’s it.”

“Okay.” I smiled.

“How about you?”

“What about me?”

“About kids.”

“I love to adopt one or two maybe five. Maybe soon.  If I have a partner to raise them.” I smiled.

She looked at me and smiled.  “Oh, we’re here.”

We went inside the hotel, straight to the lobby looking for the good-looking guy receptionist.

“There he is.” Pie pointed the guy talking with a suited guy. She hurriedly walked closer to the receptionist.  I just walked behind her.

The receptionist guided us again to the elevator for the underground.  We arrived at the underground. The volume of people still the same.  Pie grabbed my arm and pulled me to follow her.  We walked over to the full of people dancing and shouting on the dance floor.  Pie turned and faced me. She asked me to stay, I nodded and watched her walking to the man sitting at the dark corner with a muscled man standing behind him.  I looked around checking the people faces.  I knew some of them.  I know the one tall, paled skin, drunk man, touching the private parts of one of the girls.  I can see he enjoyed much.  I can see also that he is high.  If only the people who voted for him knew what he was doing with the people’s money.  He was a congressman.  He was the one tough congressman who opposed every what the Prime Minister do or plans for the country.  If I can take a picture of what his doing at that moment and upload to the social media, I am sure, the people will disgust him.  I looked at Pie and I saw they are still talking then I saw the man nodded.  Pie waved her hand at me and asked me to come over and I followed.

“I asked him a room with drugs good for us.”

“Okay.” I nodded.

A woman came to us and asked us to follow her to our room.