Where all started...

Everything's change

I’m high again and I really love this feeling.  I feel like I am floating high above from the world of problems and pain.  I am Kim, 23 years old, the only daughter of one of the business tycoons in the country.  My parents are both line of business since they were young.  What they have now are inherited from their parents and they made them bloom.  The people said that I am so lucky because I don’t need to study hard so that I can get a good pay job.  Yes, that is true but still I was really working hard to be on top of the class when I was in grade school up to college just to get my parents’ attention.  I graduated laude from the course that they wanted against my will. I was just asking one time or even five minutes to attend my graduation but they didn’t make it.  They just relay their congratulations through phone and that was it.  My Aunt In, she was always there for me.  She took care for me since I was five.  My mother didn’t take me after I was born.  She focused on business. They just left me with Aunt In.

Aunt In always told me that my parents were working hard for me.  For my future but I don’t see them that way.  After I graduated college, my parents gave five class condominium buildings to take care of but that was not I wanted to, I wanted to work in an office with them.

I lived alone in the penthouse in one of my condominium buildings in the city.  They took Aunt In to work for them.  Aunt In never got marry or had kids because of my family.  She had no family or relatives so she stuck with us.

One night, I met a guy at the club, he was great to talk to.  His name was Mike. He said he was a businessman and he came to this city to look for a perfect place to start his new business.  When he found out that I was also in line of business, he gave me some tips and advices until he shared me this a small pocket sized looked like white rocks to me.  He wanted to share those with me in a place they called it underground.  I heard that place long ago with my classmates in college and I was curious so I said yes.

We went to this place called underground.  We just walked within the city.  I thought that place was outside the city but I was wrong. It was under in this 20-storey first class hotel.  We passed first the lobby, the guy that I was walked closer to the one of the male receptionists, they were all good looking but this guy was looked like a runway model.   Mike uttered the word “under”, the receptionist nodded and asked us to follow them. 

While following to the receptionist, Mike asked. “Do you hear what I said to him?” Pointing the receptionist in front of us.  I just nodded and he nodded back.  His phoned buzzed, “Oh, my girlfriend is already there waiting for us.”

We passed the kitchen, it was huge and neat. My stomach growling because of the smell.  Mike heard it and he laughed and I looked down.  We were about to reach the end of the hallway.  The receptionist stopped walking and faced us.  He looked at us and pointed the red door by his head at the left.  Mike grabbed my arm to follow him to the red door.   He turned the knob to open, he said thanks to the receptionist then we went inside.  It was dark inside and the floor shook, Mike pushed one of the buttons and it went down.  We were inside the elevator.  While moving down, I felt weaker at the knees as my body reacted to the lack of oxygen, it was so hard to hold myself up with shaking.  “Relax, I won’t kill you.” He laughed.  “I promise you, you will enjoy when we reached down.” I nodded in response.

The elevator stopped. I heard music at the door.  “We’re here.”  Mike declared.  He pushed one of the buttons then the door opened.  The music was loud and the lights were flashing.  It was crowded.  Mike tapped my back and pushed me a little to get out the elevator. “Welcome to the underground!” He shouted.  I was shocked when I see the faces of the people that I knew.  There were politicians, celebrities, and businessmen.  There were foreigners also.  There was a medium sized stage at the middle where the girls dancing.  The girl servers were also with a bow on their heads.  Some men enjoying touching the girls seated beside them. We reached at the bar and Mike ordered us whiskey.  The bartender passed us our drinks.  I sipped my drink and Mike put his arm over my shoulder and asked.  “What do you observe to the people here?”

“I saw politicians, celebrities…”

“What else?”

“Businessmen, I guess some of them are students.”

“Yes, and?” He raised his eyebrow.

“I don’t know the others.” I replied and looked down.

“Okay,” He pulled out his arm and sip his drink.  “What do you see on their faces?” He asked again.

I looked back at the faces. “Looks like they’re high or something.”

“Yes, they are high.” The shouted. “They are drug addicts.  High class drug addicts.  Actually, the drugs here are all class A and very, very expensive.” He took the drug out from his pocket. “But for now, I’ll treat you with this.”  I nodded and sipped my drink. “My girlfriend already took a table for us, let’s go.”

It was not just a table, it was a room made of glass on the second floor.  We can see the people doing nasty things below. It was a perfect spot to watch the girls dancing on the stage.

“Hi babe.” Mike greeted the girl sitting looking at her phone with a drink at the other hand.

The girl looked up. I paused when I saw her face. Her make-up was heavy but I can see that her eyes were beautiful.  She had what we called glassy arm, that how smooth her skin was.  She smiled.  An easy, natural grin that was pure and simple. “What took you so long?”  She stood up and reached her hand to her boyfriend.  Mike took her hand and pulled closer to him and kissed.  She pulled back when she noticed me.  “Mike?  You didn’t tell me that you have company.”

 

“Oh yeah, I met her at the bar neat at my building.  Her name is Kim.”

“You’re a girl?” She asked and looked at me up and down.

“Yes, I am.” I smiled.

“I’m Pie.”  She offered her hand and I took it to shake. I felt an electricity when I touched her hand and I guess she felt it too because she pulled out her hand right away.  We were still standing at the door looking at each other. 

 

Our staring contest ended when Mike called us to sit and we followed.  A girl came and took our orders and some stuff to use for the drugs.