Craving

FATED

Sehun

I was standing in front of Jinri's apartment,leaned on my car. I've been waiting for her for 15 minutes. Jinri has not come out yet from her apartment. Did she forget our appointment tonight? Should I call her? Ah i thought better not.

After four days since we met, I kept myself from thinking about Jinri. But the more I refrained, the more I wanted to see her again. Is this ... a kind of craving? Why do I feel like this towards her? Then suddenly I saw Jinri coming out of her apartment, wearing a pink sweater and blue jeans. I won't lie, she looks so beautiful. I saw her walking towards me,bowed her head as she was shy or something.

"Hi,Sehun. Sorry to make you wait. Have you waited for a long time?" She greeted.

I shook my head. "No, i just got here." I lied, smiled at her. 

Jinri smiled back. I opened the car door for her to get in.

"I was surprised you asked to go out for dinner, Sehun." She said breaking the silence between us.

 As I continued to drive I cleared my throat. I'm confused what to answer. "Yeah, i ... i just want to see you."

"Again?" Jinri turn her head to look at me. "Why do you want to see me?"

Should i have an answer for that? Why did she have to introgate me.

I shrugged. "I do not know, Jinri. Do i bother you?"

"N-no.. of course not." she answered quickly.

 

We arrived at the Restaurant and we have dinner while talking about some personal stuff, but i didn't bring any topic about her past of course.

"How's your work going?" I asked her while chewing my food. I accidentally choked because i was talking while eating the food. Jinri chuckled.

"Sehun, don't talk while you are chewing your food." She said.

Wait. I've heard that statement before. Than i remember, Irene often reminds me not to talk while eating. My mind was focus on Irene and I was kept quite as I just looked at my food.

"Sehun are you okay?" Jinri asked me when she realized i was just looking at my food.

"Oh.Yes, im okay. "

We then continued to eat our dinner, but my mind was wondering everywhere. I was thinking what i did that night, why i have dinner together with Jinri just like a couple and why my mind turn is complicated when i remember Irene.

Jinri wipes her mouth with a tissue before she finally speak. "Well, you're asking me about my work, I'm doing fine. How about you, Sehun? Where do you work? "

"Oh, i work at O.S.H Company Apparently my father is the manager so i worked with him."

Jinri smiled. "O.S.H? it must be from your name,Oh Sehun. Am i right?"

I bowed my head, felt little embarrased . "Um, thats true."

"That's must be fun to work with your own father."

"Not really, he is a cold person, I don't really get along with him." I answered honestly.

Jinri looked at me sympathetically then I saw her eyes move to see two men who had just entered the Restaurant and sat not far from our table. Jinri's facial expression then changed, she looks shocked and looks scared simultaneously.

"Sehun, how about we go home now?" she asked quickly.

"Why Jinri? Is there something wrong?" I asked, worried.

Jinri glanced at the man again. Why? Who is that man? Wait. Perhaps..

"I ... I just remember I have to .. umm I have another appointment. Please,can we go home now?" Jinri asked in a whisper, she still look scared of something.

"All right, let's go home."

 

***

 

Jinri

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I have to see that evil man here. Choiza. He was sitting at a restaurant table not far from us, talking with somebody. I hope he doesn't me. I have to get out of here, that's the most important thing.

I glanced at Choiza again, he was still talking with the other man, thank goodness. Don't let him see us both.

I stood stilling my head as Sehun paid the order at Cashier. I saw Sehun pull out his leather wallet and open it to take the money, but my gaze fixed on a photo in his wallet. A photo of a beautiful woman who is smiling broadly.

Was it his dead lover? Sehun still carries her picture everywhere, I guess that means he can't forget her yet. He must really love her. Somehow there was sadness in my heart, why should I be sad? I have no right to be sad or disappointed.

After Sehun paid, we walked to the exit, but we did not expect the rain was pouring outside and we had to walk rather far to get to the car. I didn't expect Sehun took off the black jacket he was wearing and covered my head with the jacket.

"Sehun, it's okay .. you do not have to-

"Let's run to the car, Jinri. Use my jacket to cover your head okay?"

I didn't t have time to answer, Sehun grabbed my wrist and we ran to the car. While we were  already inside, I noticed the shirt that Sehun was wearing was wet in some parts because of the rain, his hair was also wet.

"Oh ,Sehun.. your clothes is wet." I said hesitate.

"It's okay, as long as you are not wet because of the rain."

His sentence suddenly thrilled my heart. My heart feels warm, Sehun is really a good man. But after remembering the photos he kept in his wallet, the warmth in my heart slowly vanished.

Sehun started the engine and we passed from the Restaurant.

"Sehun?"

"Yeah?" He responds while still focusing on driving. The rain was almost stopped, leaving little drizzles.

"I accidentally saw a picture of someone in your wallet when you paid at the cashier. Is that .. your ex-lover?" After I asked it, i felt guilty. I shouldn't  have taken this conversation, Sehun  still can't forget her, I must make him sad.

Sehun looked aghast at my question. He paused a few seconds before finally answering me.

"Yes." He replied curtly.

"You always keep it in your wallet, you must love her very much."

What the hell is Jinri. Why did I say that.

Sehun's expression turned serious.

"Of course, I will always love her."

The answer caused a disappointment in my heart. What's wrong with you Jinri, do you think he's in love with you? That's impossible. I feel so ashamed of myself. How could anyone who ever said he hated you would fall in love with you? Am I now in love with Sehun? No. Impossible. I do not want to fall in love with him either.

Remember Jinri! We're just friends! I thought to my self.

We finally got in front of my apartment. I looked at Sehun then returned his black jacket. "Thank you for taking me to dinner,Sehun." I smiled at him.

Sehun put on a warm smile. "You're welcome. Take a rest,you have to work tomorrow, right? "

"You're right, I have to get up early so I won't miss the bus."

Sehun narrowed his eyes. "Bus? Why you take a bus? Where's your car?"

Damn. I should not talk about the bus. I have sold my car because of the money problem and to paid for my apartment.

"I ... I sold my car."

Sehun raised his eyebrows. "What? Why Jinri? Are you in financial trouble?"

I forced a smile. "Yeah, but I'm sure it will get better soon. Eh, yes I'll go out then, be careful in the way home." I immediately opened the car door and stood up to wave my hand at Sehun.

Sehun turn down the car mirror. "Jinri, if you have trouble do not hesitate to ask me for help, I'll help you, okay?"

I nodded. Sehun smiled then the car passed. I sighed heavily, it was a long night. My feelings are jumbled, happy, sad,afraid, disappointed mixed together. What is this?

I turned and walked to my apartment, that's when a voice was heard, making my heart jump.

"Have a lovely dinner,Miss Choi?"

I out a little scream. That voice!

Choiza was standing next to my apartment building, smirking.

"Y-you! What are you doing here !? Go away!" I yelled at him.

Choiza laughed and walked closer to me. "You think I didn't see you at that restaurant huh? I think it's worth to also following you home, now I know you're moving in this apartment. I've been looking for you a long time,Jinri. Do you miss me my darling?"

I walked backwards, my legs trembling. "Go to hell!"

Choiza laughed again, as if sneering at me. "I see. You've moved on now. Your new boyfriend is handsome, unfortunately he looks weak compared to me .hahaha."

He continued to walk closer to me with his sickening grin. "Why Jinri? Are you afraid of me?"

"Hey! Stay away from her!"

That voice ..

Sehun!

I turned my head quickly. Sehun ran up to us and pulled my arm, he stood in front of me trying to protect me.

I saw Choiza grinning. "Wow, so you're still here,young man. It's between me and Jinri. So it is you who must go."

I grabbed Sehun's arm. "Sehun, get out of here." i said. I didn't want Choiza to hurt him.

Sehun turned and looked at me with serious eyes. "No, Jinri, i-"

Sehun had not finished the sentence, he got a pretty hard punch in his stomach.

I yelled and tried to block Choiza. But he pushed me, I fell down on the ground.

I saw Sehun trying to stand up, still holding his ached stomach as he walked towards Choiza and threw a fist into his jaw. Then he came up to me and tried to help me up. Without further ado, I pulled Sehun's hand and ran to his car. Sehun seemed to understand what I meant, he opened the door for me and then he also got into the car.

Before the car was went away, I could see Choiza staring at us angrily as he wiped his jaw.

"Jinri, are you all right?" asked Sehun worriedly as he increased the speed of the car.

"You should not have done it Sehun!"

"What?"

"You should not protect me, he's a dangerous man!" I yelled.

"So you mean I should leave you in danger and keep quiet ?!" Sehun snapped at me.

I looked down. I should not have yelled at him. After all Sehun has saved me, if he did not come back to save me, I don't know what will happen.

"i-I'am sorry." I said softly, bowing my head. "I just don't want you hurt.I don't want him to hurt you .. I'm so scared." My tears suddenly drop from my eyes. I cover my face with my hands.

I felt the car stop and then what I felt next was a warm hug. The warm hug that I had felt that night while in the villa, when I cried .. and now Sehun hug me again.

"I'm sorry to yell at you, Jinri .. I felt something wrong when i leave you alone in front of your apartment, so I went back and saw that guy was trying to scratch you."

I let go of my hug and wiped my tears. "Thanks, Sehun .. you've protected me."

"But Jinri .. who exactly is he?"

I pressed my lips together. Do I have to be honest with him?

"He's .. he's my ex-boyfriend."

 

***

 

Sehun

"He's .. he's my ex-boyfriend."

I was choked and instantly realized something. That man .. the man is a guy who had made Jinri's life miserable. That man.. is the one who her!

I was just about to open my mouth, but I remember that I promised Soojung not to tell Jinri that I already knew everything.

In the end I can only say. "Jinri .. stay away from him okay?"

Jinri looked at me for a moment then nodded. "I've tried, but he's always looking for me, and now he knows my apartment. I don't know what to do anymore. "

"Jinri, I think it's dangerous if you're alone there, why do not you stay at my house for a while?"

Jinri gasped "A-what? No .. I don't want to trouble you Sehun, and i don't want to be a burden to you."

"Jinri,I just want to help you, I will not hurt you, I swear. And you are never a burden to me. Where else can you stay? Soojung? Now she has moved with Jongin isn't she?"

Jinri lowered her head. "You're right, I ... I have no place to go."

I grabbed her hand. "Stay with me for a while, I'll protect you .."

Jinri bit her lower lip, she paused for almost a minute until she looked up and looked at me. "Okay,but i promised it just for a while. Thankyou."

 

***

 

Jinri

"Is this room comfortable for you? Or do you want to sleep in my bedroom? I can sleep on the couch." asked Sehun friendly.

We were standing in the doorway of one of Sehun's guest rooms. I didn't know  Sehun stay alone in this big house.

"No, Sehun, it's more than enough for me." I replied warmly.

"All right. Go to sleep, Jinri.Tomorrow I'll take you to get your clothes in the apartment before work, good night."

"Good night." I replied and closed the door of the room.

I lie on the bed, my mind is screwed. I sold my car to pay the apartment rent, and now Choiza knows where I live. Why doesn't t he stop making me miserable? What should I do?

 I looked at ceiling, intending to sleep but I could not close my eyes. Where am I going to go after this? Why should my life be so difficult?i even hate my own life.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. I don't how long i have been sleeping but the sound of loud shards made me open my eyes in quickly.

I immediately got up and opened the door, afraid if something happened to him. But what I saw was Sehun sitting in the TV room, a few cans of beer scattered on the table, and he was looking at the picture frame of his ex-lover. The sound I heard was the sound of a glass falling from a nearby table. I didn't want to bother him, I stepped back slowly to return to my room, but Sehun turned and looked at me. His eyes looked red and tired. Is he drunk ? Is he crying?

"J-jinri ..You're here.." he said in a hoarse voice. He placed the picture frame on the table and walked toward me. He's staggering, right. He was drunk. My heart beats fast.

"Sehun, sorry to bother you, I heard something broken." I say softly.

Sehun was already standing in front of me. "Jinri, why ..?"

"Wh-what?" I asked in a shaky voice,didn't understand what he meant.

"Why are you always in my mind? Why do I always want to be close to you? Why am I always forgetting Irene when thinking of you?"

Irene? Is that his ex-lover's name?

"Sehun .. I think you're drunk.You have to go to bed, okay?"

Suddenly Sehun's body began to get dazed. I immediately restrained him from falling. But he began to lose consciousness. Before he lost consciousness because of the alcohol he was drinking, he uttered a sentence that I would never forget for the rest of my life.

"Jinri .. I love you."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

TO BE CONTINUED

NOTE : SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE. I WAS VERY BUSY IN COLLEGE. THANKYOU FOR UNDERSTANDING :)