Jinri ?

FATED

 

CHAPTER 1

__________________________________________

5 Months Later

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sehun

I woke up from my sleep when the door bell was rang loudly in the morning.

I growled and rubbed my eyes, then when my eyes got focused I stood up from the couch.

The doorbell rang again.

And again.

Who is that? Can't the person just wait for a minute? If it is just a salesman, just look out!

I opened the door and was about to shout in dismay but i stopped my self when I saw my best friend standing there, smiling. Yes, He's Kim Jongin.

"Yo, Hyung. Good Morning, you look so messy." he said.

I scratched my head. "Ah yes,I just woke up from my sleep .."

"Well, are you going to let me standing here?" He smiled.

"Okay, come in." I replied.

Jongin nudged me on the shoulder and he went inside,headed to my living room.

Jongin stopped when he was in my guest room, he noticed some cans of beer in my living room table. Then he turned to look at me with his eyes probing.

"Sehun, you still drink those beers?"

I lifted my shoulders, then sat on the sofa.

Jongin took a deep breath. "Sehun, Didn't you say you'd quit drinking?"

"I can't hyung .." I replied softly.

"Why?"

"Because ..." I leaned back on the couch. "I'm really still screw up and i need those beers to relax my mind."

Jongin approached me and sat next to me.

"Sehun .. come on, it's been 5 months already since her death."

"I know."

"You can't go on like this, Sehun. You have to accept that she is already gone. You have to continue your life no matter what." Jongin said softly.

I nodded. He was right. Jongin always gives me support, but he does not understand what I feel. If only he is in my position, he certainly would not be tough. I am sure. Because he has someone he loves too. I know he loves his girlfriend, Jung Soojung.

"I can not forget her.. i think i would never fall in love again. " I said, sinking my face into my palm.

"Oh my god, don't be crazy Sehun. You-

"Aishh. Okay, let's stop talking about this. Why don't you explain why you come here this early in the morning?" I cut Jongin's words.

"Ah, yes! Wait." Jongin took something out of his little bag, He then give it to me. I accepted it and realized it was an invitation.

Wedding invitation.

Wait. Wedding?

Jongin will get married?

My question was answered as I read the name on the invitation. Kim Jongin and Jung Soojung.

"What do you think?" Jongin asked with his wide smile. He looked so happy.

"Wow, are you serious about getting married? I asked incredulously.

Jongin nodded . "I think it's better this way, I don't want my Krystal to fall into the hands of other men, so i better make her mine soon."

Krystal is the nickname of Jongin's wife-to-be. He likes to call her with that name.

I smiled, then hugged him and patted his back.

"Congratulations Hyung!" I say.

I'm glad, of course. My best friend will get married to a woman he loves, but in my deepest heart I feel sad. Why can't I be like them? Why did Irene have to go that fast?

My life is so unlucky

***

The day finally came.

Kim Jongin and Jung Soojung's wedding day finally arrived.

I went to the wedding alone by wearing my best suit. I saw the happy face of my best friend, Jongin, when he pronounced a life-long marriage promise to Soojung. They put each ring on their finger and then they kissed eachother and greeted by the applause of the guests.

I have never seen Jongin looking so happy as it was then. I really wish them the best.

After entering Bouquet event, several women seemed to be crowding while Soojung was preparing to throw a bouquet of white flowers in her hand. People believe when the bride throws the flower, the person who catches it will be the next person to get married.

Soojung finally threw the flower in the air and the flower was successfully captured by a woman.
She caught the flower bouquet when Soojung as the bride threw it to the guests.
The guests clapped hands and Soojung laughed over to the woman and hugged her tightly. When I saw the woman's face, I frowned.

That woman who caught the flower, i think i've seen her before.

Then I remember.

She is Choi Jinri.

We went to the same school when we were in the Middle School. But since graduation I have never seen or met directly with her. I used to know she was an innocent girl and she was tomboy, she always cut her hair very short. But actually we never spoke to each other at all, i just seen her when I passed the school corridor several times.

She is very different now, her hair is long, she looked so feminime with that blue floral dress and she looked so beautiful now.

But now I hear a lot of bad gossip about her, the news spread in this city even come my ears. Reportedly ,she is now a drunkard, weird and even some people said she had slept with some guy.

Cih, she is that bad now? Why is she like that? Shouldn't a woman keep herself well? Why a woman can be so careless with her life like that?

Soojung is still talking to Jinri and they are laughing. Then I saw Jongin walking towards them. Jongin finally saw me standing looking at them and he beckoned me to get there. Soojung and Jinri finally see me too. Jinri looked at me as if she was remembering something. She might also remember my face.

I approached them and once again I gave a big hug to Jongin.

"Once again, congratulations Hyung! Today you officially become a husband!" I said showing a thin smile.

"Thank you, hyung!" Jongin replied.

Then I shook Soojung's hand. "Congratulations, Soojung, May you and Jongin will be together and have a happy life."

"Thanks, Sehun. By the way.." Soojung turned her head and looked at Jinri who was still standing beside her. "She is Choi Jinri, my best friend."

"Sehun?" Jinri finally makes a sound first. She might be remember my name somewhere.

She looked at me. "Wait, I think I remember you, did we ever go to same school?" she asked.

It turns out she remembered me. Actually I'm kind of lazy to talk to her.

"Ah, yes, that's right." I replied.

"Wait, are you both know each other?" asked Jongin curiously.

"We were in the same Middle School. But we never talk to each other, I only knew her name, and she only knew my name." I explained.

"Yeah, that's right." added Jinri, smiling. "How are you, Sehun?"

"Fine. And you?"

Well, She asked me. So I can not help but asking back. I had to be polite.

"I'm fine too. Sehun, as I remember, you were a quiet kid at school."

Jongin laughed when he heard that and nudged me. "Sehun is quiet kid? hahaha, is that true, hyung?"

I have not had time to answer as my eyes caught on the bouquet of flower which Jinri was holding. And as my memory reflects, I suddenly remember that bitter event. The incident where Irene held the bouquet of flowers from me tightly before the truck crashed into her body. Why did I suddenly remember that? I felt my head ache, I did not focus on their conversation.

I hold my temple, then I hear Soojung's voice.

"Sehun, whats wrong?" asked Soojung.

Jongin and Jinri also looking at me. Jongin put his arms around my shoulder.

"Hyung, are you sick?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No, it's just a little headache, I think I should go home soon, I'm sorry, Jongin."

"Are you sure you can drive alone? Want me to take you home? "Jongin asked worriedly.

"No, hyung, I can go home by myself." I replied with a smile. This is Jongin's wedding night, and I do not want to spoil him by the hassle only because of a little thing like this.

"Jinri have to go home soon too because she has an appoinment, why do not you go together?" Soojung offered.

"Right, why don't we go to the parking lot together?" Jinri asked.

Ah damn. Why should I be with her to the parking lot?

"Okay." I finally agreed.

We said goodbye to Soojung and Jongin and we both walked to the parking lot outside the hall. It was a bit akward because we do not know what to talk about, and actually I don't interested to talk to this woman either. For some reason, considering she's not a good lady maybe.

But shortly before we arrived, Jinri opened and asked.

"Sehun, what's your job?"

"I work in a company. And you?"

Again, I had to asked back.

"I become a waitress in a restaurant, well, it's not my goal to be a waitress, but I can't do anything because I didn't finished my study in college. So i have to accept the consequence." replied Jinri.

How is this woman so careless not to continue her studies? What does she do with her own life? Splurge? I think so. It's none of my business anyway, and I don't want to know either.

"That's my car." I pointed at my black car. "Bye, Jinri."

I really wanted to get into my car quickly and go home.

"This is my car, Sehun." She said,pointing at the white car next to mine.

Our car is apparently parked next to each other in the parking lot.

"See you later, Sehun. Drive safe." She said with a smile then got into her car.

I did not answer, I went straight into the car and started the engine and I quickly drove my car out of the parking area.

That night my mind raged. But today I am also happy, that man, Jongin finally married. He already become a husband. And I'm sure one day he's also become a good father. I know that because as far as i know Jongin really likes children.

Suddenly my headache came again. I squinted my eyes and massaged my forehead with my left hand. I did not stop and kept driving all the way to my house. Sluggishly I entered my home and immediately laid myself on the bed. I sighed heavily. Then I pulled something out of my desk drawer by the bed. A photo. I looked at the photo and the image of Irene in the photo. She looks beautiful on the photo.

"I miss you, I miss you so much." I said softly.I'm so madly in love with her. I know that.

She was a kind woman, has a warm heart, and she was the first woman who makes my heart race. Before i met her, i haven't got interested in dating. But Irene change that, she shows me what is love and to be loved.

Remembering her always make my heart hurts, but i don't want to forget about her. Then I put the photo on my chest. Hug it as it was her.

"I promise, I will never fall in love with another woman. I will always love you, althought you are no longer here."

That night, I made a promised to my self. And i won't break my promise. Won't i?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To be continued