Chapter 3

Racer #94

Seo Yeon gave the man whom she harshly pushed aside a once over, raising her eyebrow judgementally. His lewd expression remained unchanged, annoying her to no end. She wanted him to grovel on his knees, head on the dirt ground for forgiveness, at last, she just shifted her attention to the towering male next to her. 

She hummed thoughtfully, finger tapping her chin lightly. "How about a tour around the area?" 

"Of course." Sehun smiled angelically; if she hadn't known better, she'd thought he was an angel. Linking her arm with his, she matched her footstep to his, strolling out of the tent confidently. 

Chanyeol nudged and stuck his hand out wriggling his fingers at Kai, demanding payment from him. The latter broke out into laughter and shook his head regretfully while reaching into the pocket of his Gucci coat. He was dead set on them not being together but turns out Seo Yeon had other plans in mind. Kai fished out a thick stack of bundled hundred dollar notes before tossing it at Chanyeol. The giant caught the bills and wrapped his fingers around the pile, inhaling the heavenly scent of money. "Thanks again." 

"You owe me drinks if they Sehun comes back alone."

"We'll see," Chanyeol joked, totally forgetting about the drunkard. 
 
The enraged man grabbed a bottle of beer from a nearby table, ignoring the protests and chugged it down at one go. Kai and Chanyeol anticipated his next move, sidestepping him as he charged forward carelessly with a beer bottle held up high in the air. His buddy glanced at him uneasily, worried for his wellbeing. The man waved the empty glass bottle around unsteadily, hurling vulgarities at the group of young men. 

"You ers should not mess with me," He bellowed, drunk.  "I'll make sure to teach you a lesson you'll never forget." 

Suho cringed at the sight of him wetting his pants. Baekhyun, on the other hand, averted his gaze from the nasty scene unfolding in front of him. Chanyeol and Kai clicked their tongue at him, ticking him off even more. The older man whipped around, stumbling on his two feet. He latched onto an empty table near him, steadying himself. At this point, onlookers were forming around them, curious to witness the outcome. The drunkard looked at the glass bottle in his right hand and Kai. 

"Arghhh!" He roared while charging towards Kai at full speed. 

"Tch." Kai moved aside. "What a fool." 

The onlookers in their breath, some biting on their fist as they watch him barrel like a bowling ball into the table behind Kai. However, the patrons at the table weren't as courteous as the previous table from which he snatched the bottle. One of them took him by the collar and rained punches down on him, not stopping once. The others around him took turns to land a blow as they cursed the hell out of him. 

"Don't mess with me, son of a ." 

Slap. 

" you." 

Punch. 

"Go to hell." 

Kick. 

The poor drunkard was tossed around like a rag doll, abused. Baekhyun scoffed and walked away from the fight. "We have somewhere else to be." 

They smirked victoriously at the mauled man, glad that he got what he deserved before following behind Baekhyun. In his blurred vision, he roughly made out four figures. Closing his swollen eyes, he swore to take revenge for being humiliated today. 

Seo Yeon automatically unlinked their arms a few moments after they stepped out of the circus-like tent. Sehun glimpsed down at his arm wondering why she stopped. He turned his head slightly to get a better look at her. Sensing his intense gaze lingering on her, she stared back at him blankly. 

"Why did you stop linking arms with me?" He questioned. 

"Why not?" Her eyes not once leaving his brown ones. 

"Continue linking." 

"I'd rather not." Seo Yeon rebuked defiantly. 

Never had he seen an expression as unimpressed as her's. Whatever he wanted, he got. Women obeyed every single word he said, sometimes begging for more. Her stubbornness urged him to push her buttons further, trying to get more reactions out of her. "I said, continue linking."

"No." 

Sehun was about to open his mouth to , but loud wolf whistles and cheers interrupted him. From his peripheral vision, he noticed how Seo Yeon instinctively tensed up at the noise. She clicked her tongue in annoyance, brows furrowed. She caught sight of a hand darting out towards her direction. Without thinking, she pushed it away as if it was venomous. 

"Damn! I thought you were the submissive type." The male teenager exclaimed, surprised. "I don't mind feisty girls like you though; Girls like that are great in bed." She sneered at his ridiculous comment. 

', you thought.' 

"You," Seon Yeon hissed. "should learn to keep your hands to yourself."

"Don't be such a wet blanket," his friends booed at her lame response. "let loose."

"Yeah man, you only live once." 

Seo Yeon rolled her eyes, unamused. "Your breath stinks." 

"Excuse me?" Her bluntness sent him flushing shades of red. 

"Maybe its time you find new friends." She kicked him in the shin before using the sole of her heels to shove him onto the ground. "They're not the ones for you." 

Crunch. 

His 'friends' who were watching the scene unfold held their breath. Two of them retreated cowardly, afraid of the outcome. Sehun merely smiled, unfazed by the amount of blood seeping out from the open wound. He found someone similar to him. That feeling felt great. However, he didn't think she would be so offended by that wannabe gangster. Seo Yeon glared at him as if he was the dirtiest creature on earth. "I pity your parents for having raised a child like you." 

"G-get off my hand!" 

She cackled, exerting more force on the back of his hand with her heels. The thin and sharp heel of her black ankle boots pierced through the skin, drilling itself into his flesh. "It hurts, doesn't it?" 

"Ah! What the ..." He cried out. "What are you bloody idiots standing there like a mannequin? Capture this crazy woman!" 

"Hyung-" 

"You," Sehun broke the silence hanging in the air. "compared to your brother are a failure."

"How do you know my brother?! I don't even know you!" 

Sehun marched forward, shoes stopping in front of the teen's face. He squatted down, with one knee on the ground for support. He gripped his chin forcing him to look up at him. "Take your friends and leave now or die here." 

"O-okay! Get your hands off me!" The teen struggled against Sehun's firm grip. 

He leaned in further to whisper into the younger's ear. "JaeHwan must be disappointed in you." 

Smirking, Sehun pushed his face aside and stood up straight. His other hand found its way around Seo Yeon's wrist and tugged her closer to him. She didn't resist him and let him have his way. He kept his hold on her as he brought them to a quieter area.

"So what is a girl like you doing in a dangerous place like this?" 

Seo Yeon snapped out of her daze and peered up at his god-like features. His fierce eyebrows, sharp nose, and kissable lips made him look unreal. On top of that, those intense eyes of his seem to be the key to many emotions and secrets. She got lost in them while trying to decipher it. Sehun's addicting scent filled Seo Yeon's nostrils. He smelled like fresh laundry coupled with a faint scent of manliness. She held herself back from burying her nose into his neck and sniff him. Seo Yeon saw his pillowy lips move, but she couldn't comprehend a word he said. She assumed he had repeated his question. 

"Like what you see darling?" Sehun teased when she blinked a couple of times. 

She concluded that the man beside her was incredibly handsome. "You still haven't told me why you're here." 

He waited for her reply while manoeuvring them both through the crowds. "What does it have anything to do with you?" 

"Let me guess; your friend dragged you here?" Sehun  

"Maybe." Seo Yeon shrugged. "This place is far too rowdy to be fun." 

"Kitten, the fun only starts when I say so," Sehun's deep laughter reverberated in Seon's ears. 

She felt her heart pump faster. It wasn't a loud one. Instead, it was quiet. It was as if Sehun didn't want anyone apart from her to hear his laughter. Her wrist where Sehun's fingers were in contact with started to heat up. Seo Yeon noticed how much smaller she was next to him despite wearing heels. She's usually the one towering over others, but now, Sehun is towering over her. It felt odd and uncomfortable. 

"You've got to stop staring, or I'll take you right here." She realised he already had his eyes fixed on her when she came back to her senses. She jerked away from him with an incredulous stare. "Doesn't that sound thrilling?" 

"Who'd even want to get into your pants?" Seo Yeon fired back. "Do you drink coffee made out of ego every morning?" 

Sehun's thin lips curled up into a small smile. "Do I?" 

"How would I know?" She stopped in her tracks to make her point clear. "Look, it was a pleasure meeting you, but I have somewhere else to be." 

He raised a brow sceptically. "I wouldn't move an inch if I were you." 

His bold statement successfully caught her attention. She stopped herself from taking a step further. She let her orbs roam around, checking for anything suspicious. However, it was fruitless. She didn't know what she was even fearing. "But you're not me." 

"Unless you want to be abducted, I would suggest you stay by my side." He casually signalled to the spot next to him. 

"No thank you, I can defend myself." 

Sehun inhaled deeply, pinching his nose bridge. "Listen, I know you are capable of defending yourself but not when you're up against them." 

He tilted his head in the direction of a large group of mysteriously dressed men. Their muscles protruded under the thin layer of clothing. Seo Yeon could care less about them. However, their unsettling aura overpowered everything. If she hadn't felt small before, she did now. Sehun sensed her emotions brewing and brought her close to him. The bright lights from the carnival darkened a little as he leaned over her, shielding her from all the unwanted nuisances. Looking at them reminded Seo Yeon of her past self who was weak. The familiar feeling of helplessness stirred from the pit of her stomach. Luckily, Sehun's clear voice broke through her clouded vision. 

"Let's go. They wouldn't dare to act on anything without orders." He comforted. "Afterall they are just dogs." 

"That's sad." She muttered. 

Sehun escorted her to a private tent next to a sleek black Hennessey Venom GT. As they neared the area, cars of different sizes and shapes parked nearby filled her view. Some were larger than others while some were smaller but more aerodynamic. Nonetheless, Seo Yeon was sure they had prices that shot through the roof. Various signs were put up to indicate the respective zones. Zone One and Two were private zones that hosted cars participating in the race tonight while the remaining zones were open to the public. He had guided her to Zone One. It was relatively quiet compared to the outside zones since barricades and men with guns surrounded it. Nine supercars alongside two motorbikes parked neatly by the side of the tent. 

Fans and spectators parted like the red sea for them as they made their way through. A group of ily dressed women chased after them in their stilettos. It didn't take long for Seo Yeon to figure out that they were Sehun's groupie. Everyone reached for their electronic device and snapped away, the flash blinding her in the process. He scanned the crowd and greeted them with a charismatic smile, sending fans into another round of cheers. To others, he seemed genuinely happy, but to her, she saw through his facade. That smile was tight and fake, so how was everyone so mesmerised by it?  It wasn't even considered a half-hearted smile. When he turned back to face her, his tight-lipped smile faded and was replaced by a more natural one. 

Spectators who noticed Seo Yeon whispered while pointing at her. It was rare to see any woman next to Sehun as he was known to detest women. She glared back at the groupie throwing a tantrum and glowering at her. They shut up soon afterwards. An unabashed fan shouted the burning question that everyone was dying to ask. 

"You're beautiful! Are you his girlfriend?" 

"You both look good together! 
 
Seo Yeon tuned out the comments and increased her pace. Sehun followed behind her, entering the tent not before whispering something to his men by Zone One. 

"You know you don't have to force a smile for them." The words tumbled out of Seo Yeon's mouth as she plopped down on the couch. 

The interior of the tent was warm and cosy with shades of brown and orange as statement colours. Bottles of wine stood on top of the wooden coffee table. A bucket of ice with beer was next to the wine bottles.  The overview of the racetrack was playing on the smart television in front of the coffee table. Surprisingly, it was cold inside. 

Sehun casually bent forward to pour himself a drink with a stoic face. "Are you concerned?"  

"Quit joking around." Seo Yeon kept her gaze on his face, trying to read his expressions. "You're the last person I would be worried about." 

Sehun removed his suit jacket and draped it over Seo Yeon's bare shoulders which slightly shook from the sudden drop in temperature. His scent overwhelmed her in a comforting manner. She cocked her head to the side unsure of his intentions. He ignored her lingering stare and continued to sip on his wine nonchalantly as if he hadn't just made her heart pound wildly in her chest. As much as she wanted to remove the blazer, her skimpy outfit was not providing her with sufficient warmth. Clearing , she awkwardly pulled on it attempting to warm herself up. 

"Anyways what are you doing at a race meet?" Sehun downed his drink and placed the delicate glass flute down before picking up a packet of cigarettes laying on the table. He took one out and tossed the pack aside. He lit it up with his trusty lighter and took a puff. "I race." 

"For?" 

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes, arms resting against the back of the couch. "Adrenaline. Thrill. And maybe freedom." 

Upon hearing his abstract reply, she softened. It was evident that they two were very different people like two parallel lines, but yet at the same time they were so similar. In a way, she could relate to him on an emotional level. "Do you know what's so special about tonight?"  

She shook her head. "Its just another race meet?" 

"Wrong." Sehun exhaled the smoke he inhaled, letting it flow through his lips easily. "A smart girl like you should be able to figure out, no?" 

"Does it concern me?" 

"To a certain point, yes." He retrieved the ashtray, putting out his cigarettes before standing up. "Come, I'll show you something." 

Wordless, Seo Yeon followed behind. Questions bombarded her mind, but she decided to put them aside and focus on his broad back. Once they exited the tent, the sight of three Nissan GTR and two Supra greeted them. The crowd went crazy, and flashes of lights went off. Some even brought a DSLR camera to snap HD pictures. 

"Dude, people are gonna be so jealous when I upload this video to YouTube." 

"Woah, their engine sounds good." 

"Do you think it's twin turbo or supercharged?" 

The drivers revved their engines, sending the crowd into a frenzy. Cheers erupted as the cars slowly made their way to Zone Two. Seo Yeon remembers hearing about them from someone about them earning a living from posting photos on car spotting websites. However, isn't it a little too risky to be bringing such expensive gadget to the shadiest part of the city?

It was as if Sehun read her mind. "Men are greedy. When they see money, they'll do anything to get it. Even if it means betraying their morals." 

"What about you?" Sehun raised a questioning brow. "Don't you race for the money too?" 

"Oh honey," He ed the cuffs of his dress shirt and rolled up his sleeve, revealing milky white skin under the fabric. A black watch with an intricate gold design decorated his left wrist. "I have so much money that the president's earning is barely a quarter of mine." 

Seo Yeon pursed her lips together, not believing his claim. "Where's your car then?" 

"Turn around. " Sehun gestured to the black Hennessy Venom GT behind her. The exterior of the car was so spotless that it shined under the harsh lighting. "Meet ViVi." 

"ViVi?" Seo Yeon mind blanked out for a moment before realising that the car was named ViVi. She burst out laughing like there's no tomorrow. 

His proud expression morphed into an offended one. "Excuse me?" 

"I'm sorry." She held up her hands and tried to calm down. "It's the first time I've heard someone naming their car." 

A small smile made its way onto his face. Seo Yeon's laughter was like a tinkling bell. Soothing and refreshing. It was a blessing to Sehun's ears as females who laugh like a strangled chicken surround him constantly. It was hard on his ears. "Your hair colour is the same shade of black as the car. Oh, my god." 

"It's called a partnership." Sehun shrugged and put his hands in his pocket. "Are you placing your bet?" 

 Her laughter slowly died down at the mention of illegal bets. "Bets are allowed here?"

"Why not? This race was illegal, to begin with. It doesn't hurt to bet. The winner gets all the money that was bet against him. Sounds fun, doesn't it?" Sehun glanced at his watch, mentally counting down the minutes until the announcement. 

"Not my thing." She knew better than to bet with all those people. For some reason, always goes down when bets are involved. "On top of that, I didn't bring cash with me." 

He chuckled at her innocence. "I'm not talking money. I'm referring to a date. If I win the first race, you will come with me to the second race, and we'll hang out." He curled Seo Yeon's hair behind her ears. "What do you say?" 

"You know," Seo Yeon batted her voluminous lashes and smirked seductively at him. "I don't just go on dates so carelessly." 

Sehun grinned confidently. "Then, will you do me the honours of placing a bet against me?" 

She narrowed her eyes at him. "What's in it for me?" 

He leaned in closer to Seo Yeon so that his hot breath was hitting her ear. "Everything you've ever wanted." 

Seo Yeon leaned back slightly to look up at him. She let her eyes roam down his face and land on his lips before bringing them back up to lock gaze with him. "That's a brazen statement. I hope you keep promises." 

Sehun shifted back to hold Seo Yeon's chin and tilted her face, lightly kissing her right cheek. He gazed at , thumb swiping over her plump bottom lip. "You won't regret it." 

Seo Yeon curled her lips into a small smile and opened slightly to bite Sehun's thumb. "I hope you don't disappoint." 

Sehun felt his pants tighten at her alluring move. He moved to cup her jaw with his fingers and studied her face a little too closely.  She crossed her arms, indirectly pushing up her perky s. 

"Cat's got your tongue, Mr Oh?" She muttered with his thumb still in . His gaze dropped to her chest for a moment before returning to meet Seo Yeon's. "Prepare yourself. You're in for a ride." 

Sehun gingerly removed his thumb from her warm cavern and dropped a kiss on the back of her right hand. "See you later, princess." 

"Hun-ah," Xiumin called out when he saw Sehun jogging over to join them at the stands. "Did you have fun with your girlfriend?" 

"Girlfriend?" Chanyeol bobbed his head eagerly. "Ahhh, she's one feisty one."

Chanyeol's hand flew up to his mouth to cover it in mock shock. "So you did get laid." He then turned to the rest and yelled, "See! I told you! He got laid. Now, pay up people." 

"Congratulations, last long yo." Lay shooked Sehun's hand as he passed the money to Chanyeol. 

"You've got to be joking," Kai sighed exasperatedly. "I'm going to be broke at this rate." 

Sehun whacked Chanyeol whose busily collecting money. "I did not get laid, so I'm keeping all these." 

"Hey!" Sehun grunts as the older poked him to get him to return the bundle of bills. 

" you better return my money, or I'll kick your out of the house!" Kai joined the close fight. 

"Oooh! Someone's gonna be homeless tonight. Ha Ha Ha!" 

"Where's she at?" Suho questioned while watching the squabble. "Wait, where's your blazer?" 

Sehun pushed Kai and Chanyeol's head apart while glancing down at his plain white dress shirt, with sleeves rolled up. "It's with her." 

"Okay okay," Chen interjected. "As much as I like talking about women, now's not the right time. We have more pressing matters at hand compared to that. Seulgi told me that someone is planning to sabotage Sehun." 

Lay scoffed. He recounted what happened earlier when he was in Zone Three to collect debts. "The men that disguised as repairmen got the wrong vehicle. Instead, they loosened the front two tires of a Nissan GTR from Dark Samurai." 

"They must be dumb enough not to know Sehun is the only one that drives a Hennessy during races," D.O sneered. Everyone on the team knew dirty tricks were common. They've seen it happen to others but never in a million years would they think someone was daring enough to try it out on them. 

Baekhyun played with the paper with EXO's faces splotched in red. He showed it to them. "I found it in Zone Three. What do you think about this?" 

"It must be the organisation." 

People who were involved in the underground racing scenes knew better than to piss off any of the nine elite racers. Just the mention of 'EXO' gets other racers shivering in their boots. Those who never witnessed EXO in a race speculated that they were a wild beast when challenged. While those who saw it with their own eyes could only mutter, "they were ferocious like a wild beast, destroying everything in their path." 

The organisation was the original organiser of such races up until recently where many smaller companies joined the scenes and started to host races. They organised racing competitions and invited various famous underground racers to participate. When EXO began to rise to fame, the organisations were jealous that their team was failing. Everyone was amazed and captivated by the team's racing ability and diverted from the organisation to support EXO. Since then, the organisation tries to sabotage them in any and every way they could. 

"What exactly are they up to again?" 

"I don't know what they're thinking, but you'd better be careful Sehun. One wrong move and it might cost you your life." 

Sehun merely smirked. "They ought to know that it takes a lot more than that to kill me." 

The distinct sound of a horn blasted through the area, signalling for racers to get ready. "It's time." 

 Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol gave each other a firm nod before parting with the group to head towards their respective cars. The other members shifted to the elevated private lounge area by the standing pits to have a better view of the track. Sehun felt a familiar pair of eyes watch him unnervingly. He turned his head slightly, catching the eye of the culprit. Curling his lips up into an evil grin, he made sure the culprit got his message loud and clear. 

'What in the world did I get myself into?" 

Seo Yeon stood there motionlessly trying to comprehend the past five minutes of her life. She didn't think he would take her flirtatious self seriously. Moreover, she made a bet with a total stranger. For all she knows he could be in the mafia and the blink of an eye she'll find herself tied up and kidnapped to god knows where.

"! Where the hell did you go?" Seulgi came running towards her, flinging her arms in the air avidly. "I thought died! Jesus Christ, will you let me live a day without having a heart attack? I'm too young for all this ."  

It's unbelievable how Seulgi was still in one piece after running in those five-inch heels. Seo Yeon was wearing four-inch heels, and she ended up as a walking disaster. Shocking how she was still alive and breathing. "I left to get some fresh air."

Seo Yeon inhaled deeply to prove her point but breathed in the burnt metallic smell of metal. She scrunched up her nose at the unpleasant stench invading her senses. "Spoke too soon." 

Seulgi made a funny face at the younger. "You're weird." 

"Only weird people can get along with each other." She shameless flicked her silky hair and jutted out her plump lips. 

"Right..." Seulgi was about to comment something when a black fitted Louis Vuitton blazer draped over Seo Yeon's shoulder caught her attention. She squinted her eyes, wondering who it belonged to. Seulgi was a hundred per cent sure she didn't have it when they first arrived. "Say, is that blazer yours?" 

Seo Yeon unconsciously tugged the blazer closer. "I met this guy, and he passed it to me cause he thought I was cold." 

"You met who?!" She shrieked causing Seo Yeon to jump from the sudden increase in volume and pitch. "Did he do anything to you?" 

She stood stiffly with her hands by her as the older turned her in circles, inspecting every part of her body. "Seulgi, I'm fine. He was a gentleman." 

"Really?" She narrowed her eyes. 

"Yes." 

"If you say so. Come on; we have to get to the stands! The race is starting soon." Seulgi pulled Seo Yeon behind her, not leaving her with any room for discussion. 

The stands were crowded. Spectators hustled, pushing those who got in their path, some even forcing their way to the front of the barricade. The spotlights shone mercilessly on the crowd, their sweat glistening under the harsh light. The seats were all occupied leaving the standing pits. Fan boards of various sizes waved around as the emcee hyped up the boisterous spectators. However, one particular section stood out from the rest. Everyone in that section had a lightstick of some sort which emitted a silverish white ray. That section also cheered the loudest when the several racers were displayed on the big screen. 

"That's EXO's fans. They are a group of nine aristocrat racers with an insane amount of wealth." Seulgi explained to the dumbfounded girl. 

"Ah..." 

"Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun of EXO are up against Dark Samurai from Japan. I heard a lot of fans are betting against EXO since Dark Samurai is the strongest underground racing team from Japan. They're known for their consecutive winning streaks." 

"Huh." Seo Yeon her lips. Her eyes focused on the big screen, heart nearly popping out when she saw a familiar looking face. She swallowed her saliva nervously. "Er... Whose that?" 

Seulgi glanced in the direction at which she pointed at. "That my friend is the best racer in EXO. He's known as Oh Sehun. In other words, racing god Sehun. He never loses a match." 

"I may have made a bet against him..." Seo Yeon rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. She knew she had ed up real bad when Seulgi slowly turned to look at her with eyes as wide as saucers. 

"Let me get that straight; you placed a bet against the best driver?" She nodded. " you outta your mind?! Why would you do that? And who exactly did you bet with?" 

"I don't know! Sehun asked me to bet against him, and if he won, I was to follow him on the second race!" 

Seulgi sighed in relieve. "Aish that kid. At least you didn't bet with someone shady  Please be careful the next time, alright?" 

"Yes, mom." Seo Yeon saluted her with a severe expression causing Seulgi to chuckle at her silliness. 

The continuous clicking of shutters of DSLR cameras' accompanied by flashes of light went off as the five drivers pulled up to the starting line in their over-the-top four-wheeled vehicles. Thanks to Seulgi's connections, both girls were nestled right in front of the barricade - which was only accessible to car enthusiasts with seasonal passes. It was relatively spacious, allowing her to move freely. Seo Yeon heaved in relief knowing she didn't have to squeeze with sweaty bodies or inhale a stranger's body odour. Big screens showed the various angles of the illuminated race route while the skimpily clad flag girl got into her stance, prepping to flag down. Seo Yeon scanned the five cars real quick, eyes landing on the only sleek black Hennessy GT with the plate number 'OSH94'. Despite the tinted windows, she could feel his piercing stare from within. What unnerved her the most was the fact that she barely knew him and yet he had such an effect on her, causing a strange feeling to brew within her. She subconsciously clenched her fists together as the anticipated countdown started. 

With each decreasing number, the volume of cheers increased. It got so overpowering that Seo Yeon swore she went deaf momentarily. The drivers revved up their engines, likes beasts preparing to tear everything in their way down. Her heart pumped forcefully against her ribcage. Strange. Why was she feeling so nervous although she's not the one racing? At the count of one, the flag girl waved the flag high up in the air, signalling the start of the race. The drivers did not hesitate to step on the gas, speeding off into the dark,  leaving a trail of dust in their wake. Seo Yeon's hair slapped her in the face as the cars zoomed past mercilessly. Three of the vehicles sped ahead of the other three with Sehun taking the lead. It was apparent the three slower cars were of no competition. It was a fierce fight between the three faster cars as the red sporty BMW tried to cut recklessly into Sehun's lane. The lightning blue Nissan GTR on Sehun's left drove a bit too close for comfort. 

Sehun wasn't dumb; he knew what they were playing at. It was too coincidental for both his opponents to match their speed. Just as the Nissan GTR closed in on him, Sehun purposefully jammed the breaks resulting in the driver to fly into the BMW and lost control, flying off the track like it was nothing. Unfortunately, the car burst into flames before the poor driver could jump out, leaving him to burn in the vicious flames. Sehun smirked, stepping hard on the accelerator. Seo Yeon watched with bated breath as the black vehicle flew past the BMW. 

"Relax, Sehun doesn't lose a race." Seulgi casually patted her on the shoulder. 

"You never know." 

The rest of the race was pretty much uneventful until the final quarter — the BMW which was lagging caught up and tailed Sehun closely. Seo Yeon narrowed her eyes at the distracting blinking light emitting from the red vehicle. It was blinking at a fixed interval. It couldn't be. 

"Seulgi-ah, I think t-there's a time bomb on the car." 

"You've got to be kidding..." 

Seo Yeon gulped and turned to face her. "He's in deep ." 

_________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed update. I was unhappy with the original version of the chapter so I rewrote it. Hope you all enjoy the updated version. Do leave a comment as it helps to motivate me :)