Chapter 1

Racer #94

The clicking sound of shoes bounced off the dark walls of the tunnel. A group of males carefully made their way through the dimly lit tunnel. After making an abrupt left turn, one of them pushed open the door with an exit sign above it. They exited the tunnel and entered an underground garage. 

"Where's the meeting place at?" A raven-haired male played with his ear piercings as he surveyed the various cars. 

"A hidden pub in the heart of the city." 

The male stopped in the midst of scrutinising the cars. "No name or directions?" 

"They say we would be able to recognise it straight away. But they did mention it being near Fourth Avenue." 

Baekhyun's eyes scanned the group. "Whose going to retrieve the instructions tonight?" 

"I'll go get it." Sehun volunteered. 

Baekhyun nodded in consent and dismissed him with a wave of his hands. "We'll meet you there."

The remaining eight males then got into their respective cars and started the engine; following behind Baekhyun's black Ferrari. Sehun waited until the final car left before heading over to his car. 

"Are you sure this is the place?" Lay rolled down his window and glanced sceptically at an equally puzzled Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol scratched his left ear, tugging at the lobe. "Well, we are at Fourth Avenue so it should be around here."

The walkie-talkie in Chanyeol's car beeped once before Chen's shrill voice sounded in his ears. "Is this a trick? I've driven around the area, and there's no sign of life let alone racers."

"That's cause you ." Suho jeered. 

"At least I have a nicer and faster car than you!"

"Quit it! I found the pub entrance. Head over to the building nearest to the City Hall."

Chanyeol's jaw dropped in pure shock. "This is just an ordinary building Baekhyun!"

"It's not. There's a black jaguar logo at the top." The elder pointed out. 

The seven males stared in awe as the 'building' turned out to be a multi-story carpark. On the outside, it seemed like a typical high-rise building that is for commercial purposes, but its real goal is not anything close. The building blended in so well with the surroundings that the males had passed it without much thought. The black jaguar logo though stood out. 

"How could I miss the black jaguar?" Lay muttered. 

Baekhyun smirked. "I've to say it was pretty smart of them to do that. The jaguar serves as a representation of the night racers."

"Black because the races take place at night; which is dark. Jaguar because the racers are speedy and accurate. How cool is that!" Suho exclaimed excitedly.  

"Congrats Suho. You can be a professor at studying logos." 

"Yah! You pesky little fly." 

Xiumin rolled his eyes in defeat. "There they go again." 

"Come on Kai; I'm sure you can park better than this," Suho grabbed his gelled hair in frustration. "Your car is so close to mine because of your horrendous parking skills!" 

The latter merely shrugged. "I can always buy you another one if you'd like." 

"Is Sehun not here yet?" Baekhyun asked, casually leaning against his car door. 

The rest of the drivers glanced around, noticing that the youngest was absent. "He better not flirts with those girls again, or I'll slap some sense into him." 

"Chill. He's there." Xiumin pointed to a red Hennessy Venom GT entering the private carpark. 

After parking his car, Sehun got out and waved a brown folder around. "Got it."

"What took you so long?" Lay raised his brows while reaching for the folder. 

"I had to take the longer route since I saw a couple of policemen on duty," the younger explained as he passed the folder to Lay. "Had to avoid them because they are such a pain in the if I was pulled over."

Chen chortled. "They are the patrol police for a reason. They must give people like us a hard time."

"I heard that the police patrol is more strict tonight. Guess they are trying to ruin the race at all cost." 

"That's sad," D.O the exterior of his car. "I wanted to race without the policemen sticking their nose into our business." 

"Remember Jae Hwan? The goody two shoes that always up to the teachers?" The others nodded. "I met him the other day, and he was determined to arrest all the illegal street racers." 

Sehun grinned menacingly. "Pathetic little fool. Does he honestly think that the current police cars can compete with our cars?" 

"So the pub I assume, is below the carpark?"

"That's correct. It's a hidden pub. It's dope man."

"What about the cops?" D.O tilted his head. 

"Forget about the police and club man. I have a feeling that we are going to be pleasantly surprised tonight." Chanyeol cheered and pulled D.O towards the elevator. 

"The number that you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Press 1 to leave a voice message." 

Seo Yeon pulled her phone away from her ear and stared at it incredulously. "Are you kidding me?" 

It was Friday night, and the dorms were empty as a majority of the students were out clubbing. Those that stayed in were mostly geeks. Seo Yeon's dormmate went clubbing alone despite her insisting Seo Yeon to follow along. Seo Yeon declined her politely since she was not much of a clubber. It was getting late, so she decided to ring Sulbin. 

Just as she was glaring at the phone heatedly, her cellphone rang loudly causing her to jump. "Hello?" 

"Erm," The person on the other end hesitated. 

Seo Yeon raised her brows. "Suga, is something wrong?" 

"You see, Sulbin confessed and got rejected by Jungkook, so she decided to drink her woes away." Suga sighed. "No matter how much I shake her, she wouldn't budge." 

She mentally cursed at Sulbin for her terrible life choices. Why did she have to confess to the year's most popular boy? Out of all the places, she chose the pub. 

"Where are you guys at?" 

"I knew I could count on you!" 

After noting down the address and name of the pub, Seo Yeon tossed her phone aside and walked to her closet. She picked out a pair of high waisted jeans and a black ribbed crop top which showed off her toned abs. She originally wanted to wear an oversized sweater but remembered that all of them were still in the laundry. It happened cause she procrastinated hence she only has crop tops left. 

"Why am I like this?" Seo Yeon sighs. Then she remembered her lazy refused to get up and do the laundry. 

Her phone beeped a few times signalling her to quicken the pace at which she is getting ready. She squeezed into the tight-fitting top and pulled on the jeans roughly. Seo Yeon blindly reached out to grab a pair of shoes and slide them on before pocketing her phone and retrieving her wallet. 

While waiting for the elevator to reach her level, Seo Yeon prayed silently. "I hope I can still find a cab at this timing." 

The elevator tinged signalling its arrival at the basement. It's doors slide open, and nine males clad in casual clothing strolled out. 
Wanting to be comfortable, they wore graphic t-shirts with ripped jeans. A few even brought along their leather jacket. Due to their mysterious aura surrounding them, heads snap in their direction. Recognition flashed across many of their faces. The clubbers split like the red sea, allowing the nine males to pass through. 

"Pst, are they who I think they are?" 

"I think so."

"So they are EXO." 

"The rumours were true. They do look menacing." 

Within moments, girls flocked to their sides ogling over their killer looks. The guys, on the other hand, were not so interested in EXO. They are rivals on the road, and that fact will not change anytime soon. There were some exceptions, but most of the guys are not on friendly terms with each other. Afterall, they do not mix personal matters with business. 

Seeing how they attract the girls, Lay chuckled. "They are very entertaining. Do you think I can bribe them into being my test subjects?" 

"You can; given the fact that you already mesmerised them." Baekhyun raised his brows with amusement. 

"Lay," Chen placed his hand on the former's shoulder. "Chillax man." 

Kai nudged D.O and said, "That girl over there is checking you out hyung. You might wanna make a move before that dude gets to her." 

The elder frowned and bit his heart-shaped lips. "Screw you, Kai." 

"You want to screw me?" Kai winked ily at D.O. "Shall we get to it then?" 

D.O pinched the bridge of his nose. "I am so done with you."

Suho glanced at his watch. "It's about time you both quit flirting with each other." 

"Hey! I wasn't flirting with Mr. ."

"Yea right." 

Seo Yeon sneaked out of the campus and made it to the main road safely without getting caught. The school is usually lenient with the students, but due to the recent attacks, security was heightened. As she waited for a cab, she saw her childhood friend Jae Hwan. The taller male was in his basketball outfit. Endless beads of sweat rolled down the side of his face. She remembered him telling her something about having a friendly match today.

Jae Hwan stared at Seo Yeon's outfit. his dried lips, he waved. "Where are you rushing off to at this hour wearing such provocative clothes?" 

"I have to go pick a drunk friend up," Seo Yeon explained. She looked down at her choice of outfit with uncertainty. "Is it really that revealing?" 

"You look beautiful though. Wearing that only makes you stand out more," Jae Hwan blushed. "Anyways, do you need a ride to the pub? Cause I don't mind giving you one." 

Her eyes lit up. "Yes! Thank you so much!"

"Come on, let's go fetch that drunk friend of yours." 

Since it was pretty late at night, the roads were empty meaning minor traffic. Both of them reached their destination within 15 minutes. Jae Hwan parked the car outside the brightly lit pub. Seo Yeon was about to get out of the car when he reached for her hand. 

"Do you need something?" Seo Yeon's eyes travelled to their hands.

Blushing, Jae Hwan laughed and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"Hm, I think so," Seo Yeon answered. "Why?" 

"Do you want to go to Lotte World with me? It has been ages since we went there." Jae Hwan suggested. 

It sure has been a while. Seo Yeon remembered Jae Hwan skipping school just to head over to Lotte World. Both of them would reach their early in the morning and stayed till the park closes. In the blink of an eye, Seo Yeon and Jae Hwan graduated high school and went down their respective paths. Seo Yeon continued with her studies while Jae Hwan went to work under his father as a policeman. Because of Jae Hwan's workload, they could not spend time together. Even if they did, it was an hour or two of chilling before Jae Hwan gets called back. 

"Yea sure, I would love to go with you. But first, I have to bring Sulbin home." She chuckled. 

Jae Hwan reluctantly removed his hand from hers. "It's late; I'll wait for you outside instead."

"No, it's alright. You should head back and rest." 

"But--"

Seo Yeon shook her head. "No Jae Hwan. If you don't head back, I won't go out with you tomorrow." 

"So does that mean if I head back now, you'll agree to go out?" Jae Hwan's eyes lit up with happiness. 

He sure does act like a child sometimes. That is what makes Seo Yeon so protective of him. "Yes, big boy." 

"See you tomorrow!" Jae Hwan yelled in anticipation as he drove off. 

Seo Yeon chuckled to herself at his child-like behaviour. Glancing at the pub, she took one deep breath and pushed open the door. The cold air and smell of cigarettes hit her hard in the face. If it were not for Sulbin, Seo Yeon would have been chilling in the dorm watching Netflix. A hand tapped Seo Yeon on the shoulder making her jump. 

"Jesus!" Seo Yeon clutched her chest. "Are you trying to scare me to death?" 

"Sorry," Suga smiled wryly. "Sulbin was abusing me while you took your time coming here." He rubbed at the sore spots. 

Seo Yeon sighed for the nth time that night. "Where are you guys seated at?" 

"Follow me." 

Suga led the way as Seo Yeon followed behind him, sticking out like a sore thumb. Her outfit choice had attracted quite the attention from both genders. Male patrons wolf whistled at her while female patrons envied her. I mean, who does not want a perfect body to show off right? 

They climbed down a long flight of stairs before making a right turn, facing a glass bridge. The bridge connected to the other side of the club. Below the glass bridge was the dance floor. Next to the large dancefloor was the DJ booths. The bar was at the back. The bridge was somewhat like a tube, so patrons will not fall over if they lean against the glass. Seo Yeon looked down at the dancefloor and spotted many fellow coursemates but could not locate her dormmate. After crossing the bridge, they headed down a spiral staircase which led them straight to the seating area. 

Since it was a Friday night, there were more patrons than usual. The seating area was extremely crowded with patrons squishing themselves onto the sofas. The dancefloor was quite packed too. Patrons were pushing and squeezing each other roughly causing one of them to nudge Seo Yeon in the ribs. 

"Ouch!" 

The patron was too busy dancing to notice her glare directed at him. It only then did she realise Suga was missing. Seo Yeon panicked inwardly. She felt like a lost puppy in an environment she was unaccustomed to. She continued to walk backwards until she knocked into what she assumed was a hard wall. 

"Are you okay there darling?" Warm hands gripped Seo Yeon by the waist to steady her. 

She nodded, slightly bewildered by the nickname. No one had called her anything intimate before, not even her four months ex-boyfriend. Seo Yeon cleared and moved away. "Sorry about that." 

"Whose that?" Chanyeol peeked over Kai's shoulder. "Ooo, she's a cute one." The red-haired male waved to a group. "Come here guys; Kai found a cutie!" 

Seo Yeon cringed. All she wanted to do was fetch Sulbin home peacefully, and now she found herself gaining the attention of strangers and worst of all, she had no idea where the hell is Suga. If she wanted to reach home in time to catch the last episode of her favourite show, she would have to get Sulbin home as soon as possible. 

"Excuse me." Seo Yeon nodded her head curtly at the two males. 

"You're not excused." 

What she did not catch was the smirk on the latter's face. Seo Yeon turned around only to walk into another chest. This time, his chest was much more toned and solid. Not to mention, he smells nice. Despite all of that, Seo Yeon was furious. 

"Where are you going?" 

Seo Yeon rubbed her small nose while giving the stink eye to the male whom she bumped into moments ago. "What does that have to do with you? Mind your own business." 

"My lord. She's one feisty girl." 

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. Seo Yeon whipped her head back to lash out at them only for her eyes met eight other eyes. They reflected the neon lights of the club. On top of that, they were all breathtakingly hot. Their fashion sense and gelled hair made them look ethereal under those lights. 

"Is something wrong sweet cheeks?" Seo Yeon felt his hot breath next to her ears. 

She nonchalantly turned her head to face him. "Yea there is." 

Sehun at the same time turned his head. "What is it?" 

The both of them stared at each other with an unwavering gaze.  Neither of them wanted to back down. Seo Yeon narrowed her eyes, scrutinising the male in front of her. He sure was doing a good job pissing her off. 

"Done staring?" Sehun smirked. 

Seo Yeon scoffed. "You are such an egoistic fool." 

"Hahaha! Did you guys hear that? She called him a fool." Chanyeol burst out into laughter.

"We should be on our way," Baekhyun reminded. 

The others brushed past Seo Yeon not before giving her a friendly smile. (which she did not return)

"See you soon doll." Sehun brushed Seo Yeon's silky brown locks that were covering her orbs and gave her his infamous smirk. 

In that instant, Seo Yeon felt her heart beating a little faster than usual. 

What was that all about?

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating fast- I had written this chapter 3 times before I was satisfied (or somewhat satisfied). My apologises if there are still any errors, it's late here and I'm tired so I'll proofread it tomorrow. :D Hope you enjoy the story!