Chapter 2

Racer #94

My apologies for any grammatical errors. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah! How did you end up here?" 

Seo Yeon jumped a little at the hard poke to her left arm. Snapping her head to the side, she met Suga's unimpressed expression.  He silently demanded an explanation for her sudden disappearance. She merely shrugged her shoulders. 

"Got lost trying to follow you." 

Suga rolled his eyes at her answer. "Come on, I've known for a while, and you're not the type to get lost and stay lost. Did something happen?" 

She was about to answer his question but hesitated. Her mind was screaming 'yes!' but the answer that came out of was 'no'. Seo Yeon wanted to ask him about the nine males that she ran into but didn't know how to phrase it. Instead of trying to explain, she shook her head. 

"You sure? You seem to be distracted..." 

Of course, she was. Those males that caught her attention had an aura which yelled 'stay the away from me, or you'll die.' They were the type of people whom her mom warned her not to mix with. Seo Yeon knew she shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but when they brushed past her, she felt uneasy. 

"I'm fine. Where is Sulbin?" Seo Yeon smoothly changed the subject. 

Suga narrowed his eyes at her, slightly doubtful of her. Nonetheless, he led her towards a strange looking brown door with a white skull painted on it. He pushed open the door and held it for Seo Yeon. She glanced sceptically at him, unsure of his intentions. Suga answered her with a tilt of his head. 

Sensing her curiosity, he took the initiative to answer her questions. "Jin booked one of the VIP rooms." 

"So that Sulbin and Jungkook can screw each other like bunnies in heat?" Seo Yeon raised her brows. 

Suga snorted at her bluntness. She never failed to surprise him. Despite only knowing her for a while through Sulbin, he had to admit that she was one straightforward girl that doesn't hold back. 

"No, it is Jungkook's birthday today, so Jin thought it would be nice to spoil him." 

Rolling her eyes at Jin's antics, she slowed down a little to match Suga's walking pace. He turned his head slightly to look at Seo Yeon. Sensing his stare on her face, she chuckled. 

"I know I'm pretty," She teased. "better close your mouth before a fly enters." 

He rubbed the back of his neck abashedly. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" 

"Do you think I have one?" Seo Yeon counters with a smile on her face. 

Suga pretended to be deep in thoughts. "Nope. I think you have ten."

"At this point, I don't know if you're joking or serious."

"How can you not have a boyfriend with that body and face?!" Suga exclaims. 

Seo Yeon chortled. "Whatever you say." 

"My foot, you dumb !" Chen pinched Chanyeol's ears when the latter stepped on his foot. 

Yelping in pain, Chanyeol apologised. "Sorry, dude! You don't have to be that violent!"  

"Jesus Christ, can the both of you shut up and act like a normal human for once?" Suho sighed exasperatedly, done putting up with the bull. 

"Hey, I found our room." Lay stopped abruptly causing Kai to bump into him. 

Rubbing his sore nose, Kai groaned. "Mind giving me a heads up the next time you decide to stop?" 

"Oopsie." Lay covered his mouth and laughed. 

Baekhyun typed in the code into the electronic keypad located at the side. The electronic display in the door turned green with the words 'ENTRY GRANTED' on it. It beeped once before the door slide opened. 
Nine of them headed inside and the door shut behind them. 

"What's with the atmosphere in this room?" Xiumin surveyed his surroundings. 

Sehun shrugged his broad shoulders. "They assumed we would be bringing girls." 

"That explains the condoms in the drawer." Lay held one up to show the rest.

Suho's eyes widen as he snatched the from Lay and stuffed it back. "That's dirty. Don't touch those." 

"HA HA HA!" 

There was a rectangular glass table in the middle of the room with two long black leather couch opposite it. Four single seater sofas placed around the room at random spots. An extravagant chandelier hung above, lighting up the room, giving it a sensual vibe. Not to mention, the furniture and decorations in the room were mostly black with red as the accent colour. There were no windows for the sake of privacy. A 56-inch flat screen television was on the wall. For some reason, there was a pool table and a fridge in the room. On the table were a variety of drinks, most of them being expensive alcohol. 

"Where are the snacks?" 

"Under the table?" 

"Which table?" Chanyeol pestered. 

D.O rolled his eyes. "The table with the drinks." 

"Oh, found it." 

Xiumin poured himself a cup. "Cheers." 

Seo Yeon and Suga stopped in front of a half-opened door. 

"Go on; they're all inside waiting for you to arrive." Suga gave her a slight push. 

She awkwardly glanced around the room when she realised all eyes were on her. Initially, she thought only seven people were in here. To her surprise, there were about fifteen males with no female in sight. 

"It's nice to see you again, Seo Yeon." Jin greeted her with a massive grin on his face. 

She couldn't help but smile back at him. Jin reminded her of her father, who would always greet her cheerfully when she got home. Once she was ready, she moved away to the university's campus since her home was too far --- meaning she rarely sees her parents unless there were long breaks in between semesters. 

Seo Yeon's orbs scanned the crowd hoping to find her dormmate. However, she was not in sight. Worriedly, she demanded them for Sulbin. 

"Jungkook took her to the washroom," J-Hope replied. 

"How long ago?" 

"Roughly five minutes before you entered?" 

Sensing her discomfort, Suga gently made his presence known before placing his hand on the small of her back, leading her to the couch. 

"Don't worry, Sulbin will be safe," Suga reassured her. 

This only causes her to snarl aggressively at him. "Out of everyone why did Jungkook have to her?" 

"She likes him, darling. It's a good opportunity for her to get even closer to him." One blonde male pointed out the obvious. 

Seo Yeon scoffed at his stupidity. He sure has the looks but common sense? None. The male was taken aback at her guts. It was rare for them to see a girl answer back. After getting past the initial stage of being shocked, he wanted to use her as a source of entertainment. 

"You must be an idiot to think that." 

Not wanting to lose face, he spoke up. "Enlighten me then." 

"Your brain is too small to understand the complexity of the situation." 

Just as Seo Yeon raised her eyebrow arrogantly, a shrill scream sounded followed by guttural grunts and bones cracking. Her eyes automatically searched for Suga. Seeing him in a state of panic sent her dashing out of the door and into the hallway. Something must be seriously wrong when Suga (the most chilled human she knew) panicked. A few doors down, she could see a crowd forming. Thanks to her long legs, she managed to reach the crowd without much trouble. The guys were following behind her. Suga pulled Seo Yeon by her wrist and stopped her from going in front. 

"Don't," he whispered. 

She nodded. She knew that it was a terrible idea to stand right in front when there is a fight. The chance of being injured is a lot higher. Jungkook groaned in pain as the other kept raining punches on him mercilessly. 

"Stop!" Sulbin attempted to shield Jungkook from the punches but was tugged away by another guy. 

"Stay back; I can handle this." Jungkook kneeled on the floor, shaking as he used the wall for support. 

The guy who held onto Sulbin's arm made sure she was unable to interfere. "Trust me; he is not worth your time." 

"You don't know anything!" Sulbin cried out as she struggled to get away from his firm grip. 

"Listen," he pulled her close to his face. "that bastard right there, is planning to you use to pay off his 10 million won debt." 

"Why would I believe words that come out from your mouth?" 

"Don't say I didn't warn you about him." After those words left his mouth, he let go of her. 

Sulbin rushed to Jungkook's side like a worthless being. She used tissues to clean the blood while crying like a banshee. For the first time, Seo Yeon felt disgusted. She knew Sulbin was desperate. But she didn't think it was this bad. The first time she saw Jungkook, she knew something was off about the vibe he gave off. Only Sulbin was oblivious enough to fall for him despite Seo Yeon's warnings. 

The guy who punched Jungkook towered over him. "Pathetic."

"What is going on, Kai?" The crowd parted slightly for Jin and the rest of his friends. 

Kai merely smirked. "Time to pay up." 

What Seo Yeon didn't notice was the pair of eyes that was on her face, studying her expressions. She remained expressionless though she saw a bloody Jungkook with a broken nose. Instead, he observed how her lips would twitch into a frown or how her eyes exposed her feelings. Afterall, eyes are the window to the soul. 

She's interesting.

Isn't he the one that smiled flirtily at me earlier?

A look of recognition appeared on Seo Yeon's face when she spotted the guy that whispered in her ear. 

It's him again!

To make matters worse, he was already looking at her when their eyes met. For a moment, Seo Yeon forgot how to breathe. As much as she hates to admit it, he is very handsome. Her heart was beating erratically when she caught his orbs drifting down to stare at her plump lips. She jumped a little when Jin yelled out of the blue. 

"Don't punch him!"

Kai landed a final punch before kicking Jungkook in the shin causing him to collapse onto the floor like a jellyfish. Sulbin who was at his side was horrified at the amount of blood that was spurting out. 

"Oh my gosh." 

"Let him off; we'll find a way to pay you back," Jimin suggested. 

"This is the fifth time we are going to let him off the hook," D.O appeared from a door. 

"Please let him get treated first then we'll discuss the debt." 

Lay sneered. "How can you guarantee that you will pay the debt?" 

"Here's my identification card," RapMon passed Lay a card. 

Baekhyun clucked his tongue. "We don't have time for games. If I catch any of you lying, all of you can bid goodbye to your loved ones." 

The males walked straight through the crowd. When they passed Seo Yeon, Sehun's lips curled into a small smirk. His eyes glinted mischievously. She could feel the material of his leather jacket when he brushed past her. His cologne made her dizzy as she inhaled his scent. Seo Yeon swore she heard him say something along the lines of 'We'll meet again soon, doll.' Once again, she stood rooted to her spot, too shocked to comprehend anything. 

"You should start heading back; we'll bring Sulbin back to the dorm." Suga patted her on the shoulder. 

"It would be better if you bring her back with you guys." Seo Yeon didn't let Suga have a chance rebuke as she turned away and left. 

Merely looking at Sulbin ruined her mood. The last thing she wanted was to come in contact with her. Seo Yeon had more or less given up persuading her about continuing her relationship with Jungkook. Afterall, there was no point in helping someone who refused it. 

By the time Seo Yeon woke up, it was eleven in the morning. She was casually scrolling through her phone when a received a message from JaeHwan which reminded her that they're meeting at one in front of Lotte World. 

"Shoot! I forgot that I have a promised him to visit Lotte World." Seo Yeon face-palmed herself. 

Scrambling out of her comfortable bed, she headed straight for the bathroom. Because she was so afraid of running late, she hurriedly washed and got dressed. She sat down in front of her vanity and dolled up. 

One final tug on her skirt and Seo Yeon was out of the door. Stepping out of the dorm building, she adjusted her red beret hat her mom got for her. As she brisk-walked to the campus bus stop, Seo Yeon dialled JaeHwan's number, not forgetting to keep a lookout for Bus 1. It was a direct bus that led her straight to Lotte World. Since half of the university's population are foreigners, the university thought to have a straight coach to one of the favourite hotspots in Seoul would let them assimilate better into the Korean culture. 

"JaeHwan? I'm on my way. I'll probably reach in 25 minutes," she informed. "Huh?  Sure. I'll wait for you at the entrance then. See you." 

"Sorry for keeping you waiting," JaeHwan apologised the moment he spotted Seo Yeon among the crowd. "I had to finish up a case." 

She shook her head, unaffected by his lateness. "I understand. Which rides should we head over to first?" 

"How about the French Revolution?" 

"That was fun! We should do this again when you're free." 

Seo Yeon nodded, agreeing with JaeHwan. She cleared when he scooted a little too close for her liking. To say she felt uncomfortable today was an understatement. During their time at Lotte World, JaeHwan has been finding ways to get closer to her. For example, he would grip her hand when they were riding the roller coaster. Or he would find an excuse to touch her. 

"What would you like to order?"

They were currently at a café resting after running around for the whole day. Seo Yeon busied herself with her mobile phone leaving the waitress hanging awkwardly. 

"We'll order later." 

The waitress smiled politely before leaving the duo. 

"So, what do you feel like having?" Jaehwan asked as he browsed through the menu. 

"Hey," Seo Yeon interrupted Jaehwan. 

"Hm?" 

"Remember Seulgi? She just returned from the states and will be staying in Seoul for a few days. She just texted me to meet her later," Seo Yeon explained. "I don't think there's time for me to dine with you today. Maybe we can meet up again someday?" 

Jaehwan was disappointed. But at least he was able to hang out with Seo Yeon today. Masking his disappointment, he beamed. "No problem. Do you need a lift back?" 

"It's alright," Seo Yeon heaved a sigh of relief. 

"I can send you back," he offered. 

She shook her head at his offer. "I can manage. I'll be on my way then. See you soon." 

He waved before slumping on his chair. Jaehwan sat at his seat motionless for five minutes before getting up to leave. He didn't see the point of staying at the café to dine alone. It would only make himself sadder than he already was. 

"Looks like someone just got rejected."

"For a moment there, I thought they were dating." 

"Even if they are, I'd still steal her away from him."

"Of course you would, wouldn't you?" 

"I would hide her from the world if I could." 

It was 6:50 pm meaning Seo Yeon had roughly around an hour an a half to get ready and meet Seulgi outside the hotel she's staying in. She darted around her room to put together an outfit. Seulgi had something in mind for Seo Yeon so she told her to wear something that would flaunt her perfectly toned body. 

"You're not bringing me to a club are you?" 

"Honey no, I'm bringing you to a place where you'd love!"

Seo Yeon heard the door clicked and loud smooching sounds. 

Guess who decides it a great time to come back now.

Yes, that's right. Sulbin brought Jungkook back to the dorm. He sure does recover quickly. He was so severely injured yesterday, and now he's here kissing Sulbin. Surprisingly, no one cared enough for her to ask her whereabouts. Minji, Sulbin's closest friends didn't blink when Sulbin was absent. 

"Is she here?" 

"Nope, last time I checked, she's out." 

"Good." 

With that, the two shameless lovebirds continued to each other and kiss like there's no tomorrow. They somehow managed to enter Sulbin's room without breaking anything. Even if they destroyed something, Seo Yeon wouldn't be bothered to clean up. Why should she volunteer to clean up after someone's mess? She has better things to do. 

"Damn girl. Look at you! You're going to outshine all of them," Seulgi gushed as she made Seo Yeon twirl around. 

She was rocking her black leather pants which showed off her long legs. She paired it with a basic black cropped top. The top accentuated her assets and collarbone. Since the 'e' in her name stands for 'extra', she completed the outfit with a furry sash. It hung from her right shoulder to her left hip. Seo Yeon got ready within 45 minutes hence she used the remaining time to braid the left side of her hair partially. 

Seulgi, on the other hand, spotted denim jeans with a denim cropped top. To say she loved denim was an understatement. She secured her jeans with an 'OFF-WHITE' belt in yellow. Can't have her jeans dropping when she's dancing right? 

The latter giggled merrily. "So, any hints on our destination?" 

"It won't be a secret if you know right?" Seulgi winked. 

"You're not fun." Seo Yeon jutted her lips out cutely. 

Seulgi pinched her cheeks softly. "Trust me; you'll have loads of fun later." 

"Just don't get me killed." 

"Pose for me! I'll be your photographer for tonight. No payment required." 

EXO was busy getting ready for their race tonight. Most of them have gotten dressed and was chilling around the living room. Some draped themselves across the velvety couch for a quick nap. Exo had emerged as champions for yesterday's race. Their opponents were weak and unskilled hence easy victory. Tonight's competition would be trickier to win. The group is up against an infamous underground racing team known as 'Dark Samurai' from Tokyo, Japan. As their name suggests, they're one of the best few groups in Japan. 

"What are the chances of us winning?" Suho asked while cuffing the sleeve of his dress shirt. 

"If everything progresses smoothly we would 100% win," Xiumin estimated. 

Chanyeol entered the living room with a plate of cookies and a cup of milk. "Who is racing later on?" 

"Sehun, Kai and you." 

"Me?" Chanyeol choked on his cookies. "Baekhyun?" 

"The next race." 

Lay was counting the number of heads when he noticed the youngest racer was absent. "Sehun?" 

"He's in his room thinking about the girl we saw yesterday," Kai snickered. 

 "I'm not," Sehun replied humorlessly. "I was getting ready for the race." 

Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows teasingly. "More like getting ready to pounce on her. Ha Ha!" 

"I totally would, but racing comes first." 

For once, Baekhyun joined them in teasing. "Are you sure? I caught you staring at her for a good three minutes." 

"Hyung!" 

Seo Yeon gulped when Seulgi led her to an abandoned alleyway. "Are you sure we're heading in the right direction?" 

"Shush. Someone is coming." Seulgi put her finger on Seo Yeon's lips. 

The two girls stayed still and waited with bated breath for the intruder leave. While Seulgi was messing around with her phone, Seo Yeon's eyes darted around. The alleyway was somewhat clean, and it didn't look like how a typical alley would look. Boisterous laughter echoed through the night sky as five men turned into the alley. 

"Make sure EXO lose the race tonight." 

"I'll have someone to loosen the wheels of one of their cars." 

"Sehun. Get him to mess with Sehun's wheels. That brat is the reason why EXO wins every time. Without him, they're useless." 

"Understood." 

Seulgi turned around and grabbed Seo Yeon's hand. "We have to go. Now." 

Without any hesitation, the two girls dashed through a secret pathway that led them to the main street. They didn't stop running until they've reached a bridge that oversaw the highway. 

"You okay?" 

Panting, Seo Yeon shakily nodded. "What was that all about?" 

"Dark Samurai. A top-notch racing team from Japan. They're here in Seoul to race against EXO. And we're going to watch the race." 

Seo Yeon's jaw dropped. "You're bringing me to watch an illegal street race? Are you out of your mind?!" 

"This is why I told you to dress up. There will be many spectators tonight, and everyone is gathering there." Seulgi pointed to an enormous crowd. 

"What am I getting myself into?" 

After a few minutes of walking, the pair arrived. Neon lights and booming music greeted them. Spectators were moving their body to the beat while the racers were busy getting ready for the race. The entire area was done up like a festival with massive white tents scattered around. Many cars were lined up along the side for the spectators to view. A few drivers revved the engines to hype up the crowd. She spotted a blue Nissan GTR next to a red Audi R8. There were a couple of showgirls standing around, hooking up with random guys. 

The shelters had a bar in them for people to grab a drink while watching the race live. Seulgi brought Seo Yeon into one of the tents and got her to sit down. 

"Look, I have to be somewhere. Feel free to mingle around but don't drink so much cause the people here are shady as . Some bet on the racers but don't get involved with them." Seulgi took out her wallet and gave some cash to Seo Yeon. "Get yourself a drink and unwind. I'll see you in a bit." 

Before Seo Yeon could even blink, Seulgi vanished into the crowd. Carefully keeping the money in her pocket, she felt eyes on her. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, hating the attention. 

"Can I get you a drink?" A sleazy man with a bottle of beer in his hand blinked drunkenly at her. 

Seo Yeon tilted her head innocently. "A drink?" 

"Yes beautiful. A drink." His calloused hand came up to her face and caressed it. 

She giggled pretentiously. "Why don't you do me a favour instead?" 

"Like?" The old man his dry lips while eyeing her. 

"Like," Seo Yeon leaned closer to him, putting next to his ear. "staying the away from me or I'll slice up your ." 

She smirked victoriously when the man stumbled backwards, shielding his . The other patrons around them tried their best to hold their laughter. 

"That old man picked the wrong girl to hit on." 

"Did ya see his expression? He looked like he was about to his pants!" 

"He deserved that." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. 

"I still can't believe how he thought she was gonna submit to him." 

"Isn't she an interesting one?" Baekhyun nudged Sehun. 

He nodded while sipping on his drink. Everything about Seo Yeon left him hungry for more. Sehun anticipated her reaction when he saw a bunch of males start to gather around. From the moment she walked in, many checked her out. It was no lie that no guy could resist her seductive appearance. Sehun even caught Chanyeol and Suho openly checking her out while Kai and Baekhyun subtly glanced back and forth between her two assets. That outfit was making things harder for him. He was slightly by the swaying of her hips. He was surrounded by girls so often that he knew when they were faking and when they weren't. Seo Yeon wasn't. 

Seo Yeon's silky brown hair cascaded down her back. She gingerly blew the strands of hair that obstructed her vision. Her doll-like features tricked people into thinking that she's a submissive and naive girl. However, Seo Yeon's posture says otherwise. She carries herself with confidence, never once looking elsewhere. Sehun took a sip of his drink while his attention was on her. 

"I think she needs a little help now," Chanyeol butted in. 

The few males were relentless and kept at it despite Seo Yeon blatantly ignoring them. One of them purposely touched her bare arms with a suggestive look. 

Suho nudged Sehun. "Shall we see who gets to her first?" 

"Hell yeah." 

"Move it," Sehun ordered. 

The guy jerked back and pulled his friend next to him away. He knew better than to mess with EXO. However, the one next to him is oblivious. He pulled his arm away from his friend's grip and glared at Sehun. 

"Who the hell are you?" He raised his voice after every word. 

"Move." 

"Why should I?" He challenged. 

Sehun stoically commanded. "Move it." 

"No." 

"He told you to move didn't he?" Seo Yeon lightly touched the man's shoulder. 

"Do you know him?" He grumbled. "A pretty lady like you shouldn't associate with a guy like him." 

Seo Yeon's light touch turned into a death grip. She roughly shoved him to the side. "Let's go." 

She hooked her arm onto his arm and smiled angelically at him. Her eyes turned into crescents, and she put her head on his arm. Sehun lightly shook his head and chuckled. 

"Where shall we head to, doll?" 

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! long time no see! I'll be updating this story as much i can before school starts. I was having writer's block this two months which explains th slow update. Thanks for sticking around though! Would you guys want a love triangle in the future chapters? :)  XOXO. 

Red - Seo Yeon's thoughts

Grey - Sehun's thoughts

Seo Yeon's outfit

Seulgi's outfit