THE PRINCE and CINDERELLA STEP BROTHER

Unorthodox Fairy Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]94[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]THE PRINCE

and

CINDERELLA STEP BROTHER[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

The House of Oh

The mansion of the House of Oh is grand. Hence the house is too large even for three masters and 15 servants, the silence during the noon is particular.

The Mistress Oh enjoy the silence. She scolded her servants even if they were to speak a little louder than usual. The Mistress is strict, and always have a tight lip and furrow eyebrow above her eyes.

 

Just then, she heard the fuss outside her room. The Mistress immediately felt the annoyance as she went outside and see what it is all about.

It was her son.

 

“Why is it like this? I demand an explanation!!!”

“We have no idea, my Lord.”

 

*“I WANT A NAME. WHO?” Sehun, who no longer couldn’t hold inside exploded on the servants.

“Why all the noise? This is not the very mannerly of you.”

“Mother, look at my suit.”

“Oh My.”

 

“We did not do it. We have no idea why Young Master’s suit is ruined like this, Mistress.” The old butler said with terror that he knew what is coming. A Storm.

 

“THEN WHO?!” Sehun said with a girth teeth.

“Wait…” The Mistress said.

 

Sehun is heartbroken. He loved his suit. It was all black. His favorite color. The golden lining gave the black more expensive look.

The Ball. Sehun saw the invitation and he was very excited because he’s only 17 and he never been to a ball. And everyone’s talking about the handsome Prince.

“Where is Luhan?”

 

The deadly realization hit Sehun. It has to be him.

“I will make him pay.”

Sehun headed towards the stairs which Luhan’s room resided.

 

“Son! Halt!” The Mistress tried to stop but Sehun was already halfway on the stairs. They have no choice but to follow Sehun in hasty steps.

 

Sehun almost ripped the door from doorframe as he pulled open.

“WHY did you do this?!” Sehun is holding himself back.

 

“What?” Luhan looked up from his chess board. Luhan always keep himself in his room. He wasn’t like that before. He was playful kid when he was young. But since his father’s second marriage, he turned into silent and watchful kid.

“You did this.” Sehun did not ask. He was sure. Only he would do something malicious.

 

Luhan took a glance at Sehun and the suit in his hands. The corner of his lips moved up a little but Sehun caught him. Luhan’s attention was no longer on Sehun. It returned to his chess board.

Sehun marched towards Luhan. He did not think before he acted. His anger was taking over. By the time The Mistress and the servants arrived, Luhan was on the floor, his chess boards was ruined and scattered on the floor.

 

“Oh Sehun!” The Mistress came inside. A harsh slap came across on the left cheek of Sehun.

“Mother.” A red hand print was prominent on Sehun’s cheek.

“Why are you so uncivilized? He is your brother.” No one dare to speak. The Mistress slapped his own son and the servants could only watch.

“He is not my real brother and he did this. YOU KNEW HE DID THIS.” Tears of anger, unjustness and shame running down on Sehun’s cheek.

 

“NO! I don’t know who did this. I am sorry that your suit is torn apart but you can’t go around accusing people. I taught you better than that.”

Luhan was still on the ground, gathering the chess pieces while the servants couldn’t move and took pity on the Master Sehun.

 

Sehun rubbed his tears away. He will not be viewed as weak in front of people, his mother taught him that too.

“It will not happen again.” The promised was sincere and made to the Mistress. However, the Mistress was not responding a sound to Sehun and helped the young Lord on the ground.

 

“Are you hurt?”

A smile was given to the Mistress. Luhan offered no word and it wasn’t necessary. The harm is done. Not to him but to Sehun.

Sehun was dismissed with a wave of hand and that was it.

With his butler accompanying him, Sehun returned to his chamber.

 

Whole Country

“Father…”

“You are my only son.”

“Father…”

“I don’t want son-in-law. He cannot give me a grandchild.”

“Listen…”

“I want beautiful bride for my only son. The Crown Prince will have his bride.”

 

“FATHER. PLEASE,...”

Junmyun had to raise his voice.

“I will have an heir. I can have mistresses who can give you an heir to the throne. But I want to spend my life with the one I love. I don’t like women, Father. It is who I am.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. I like men.”

“You… why would you take after me so much?”

“Father?”

 

MY FATHER IS GAY? Junmyun had never thought, not even in his dreams that his father would be gay. He always thought his father and mother have a happy marriage.

“Don’t misunderstand me. Your mother knew me. I was in love with her older brother, your uncle. All the time I spent for your mother’s House, it’s because of your uncle. But your grandfather misunderstood. He quickly arranged a wedding without both of our consent.”

 

I knew my grandfather. He was not negotiable and strict.

“Your mother was a very smart woman. The court loved her.”

“I love her. You love her too.”

“Yes, of course I love the late Queen, just not in the way I loved your uncle.”

I did not understand. He has his own family.

 

“Your uncle did not forgive me for marrying his sister.”

“I always thought he loved me.”

“Oh, don’t be silly. He loves you. It was my fault that I handle the situation poorly. I wasn’t honest with my ual orientation. I wasn’t brave like you, Son. I am so proud of you.”

He hugged me. I could almost feel my father’s pain. He ruled the country, trying his best while his heart was shattered into pieces.

 

“No, father. I am proud of you too. You never complained. No one could have endured.”

I hugged my father back.

 

“Who is this lucky men that caught your eyes?”

“Someone who got beautiful eyes.”

“Does he?”

“He is from the House of Oh.” Junmyun said carefully.

“Oh… the minister of eastern? Or the master in the plain? Wait… There are 37 houses of Oh in the country.”

“There are?”

.

And I didn’t ask his name. Junmyun groaned inwardly.

 

“Your Majesty, the head of Tailor request for meeting.”

“Let him in.”

 

“What is it?” My Father asked but he was addressing to me.

“What is it?” I asked.

“My… My Lord. There are diamonds in your suits missing.”

“Missing?”

“I am afraid, it was missing since you returned them.”

This makes no sense.

 

“Are you saying I lost the diamonds? I don’t even know I have diamonds in the suits.”

“Forgive me, Prince. I must ask, did you notice anything that night?”

Which makes me think of the owner of those beautiful, gorgeous eyes.

“Nothing. I danced. Maybe I lost them in the garden. But I don’t think so, are you sure there’s no thieves in the palace?”

“There hasn’t been in the past, My Prince. Also, there’s only two people handling your suit. Your servant and myself. I would never do such thing.” He said with terrified expression.

 

“Of course I trust you.” He assured the poor Tailor. Junmyun also trust his servant. He served me for a long time. Also, the punishment for the crime of theft is dissecting hands.

“There is one suspect.” I finally said.

I recalled the night. The only one that is close enough to steal from my suit without gathering attention is… That man with those gorgeous eyes.

Junmyun don’t want to draw the conclusions. But…

 

“Spread the words. We are looking for the Lord that dance with the Prince. Come forward and there will not be extra complications.”

 

The dispatcher carried out accordingly.

The Search

After the words spread through the whole country, they waited for 3 more days.

Men tracked the 37 houses who bear the surname Oh. The East, the West, the South and the North cover total of 35 houses. Prince Junmyun and the few guards to search the rest 2 houses in the middle plain which is also the most closed to the Castle.

 

“Open Up! The Crown Prince is here.”

The servant of the house opened the door and immediately dropped down to the floor as soon as he saw the Prince.

“My Prince.”

“Rise.”

The servant was in awe. To a lowly servant like him, seeing the Crown Prince of the country itself is a blessing.

 

“Go tell your master, every member of this house must be present.”

“Yes.”

 

Prince Junmyun entered the house. He looked around as the servant busy announcing his presence to the rest. The Lady and her son came down first. Junmyun did not recognize the son as the one he spent the night together dancing with.

 

“Is that all?” I asked, eyeing the people kept filling the large room. The Lady was elegant and the son was young. I looked for another son but the rest were all servants.

“Where is your Lord?”

“My Prince, I have been a widow for two years.” The Lady bowed a little.

 

Wrong house, again! Junmyun almost dropped his head in disappointment. He wasn’t looking for diamonds. He just wanted to meet those gorgeous eyes again.

“My Prince, we found the house.” One guard barged into the house and delivery the news.

“Thank you for your cooperation. Let’s go.” Junmyun couldn’t believe his ears. The guards called him the thief but Junmyun wanted to meet him. Why did he steal? Why did he run away?

He had so many questions. And he can’t wait for the answers.

 

The Interrogation

Sehun did not even know why those things that doesn’t belong to him are under his bed.

He was taken by the guards of palace for which reason he did not know. They put me in a dark room. The only light is from the candle on the table in front of him. The chairs screamed as he sat down.

Sehun did not know there is such a dingy room in the grand capital. And he was even more surprised to see this dense and foolish officers in the palace.

 

“I am not a thief.” Oh Sehun is so done with this stupid officer. He already thought Sehun is the one who stole the diamonds. He had no intention to find out the real culprit. He just wanted my confession and he had no idea how to get this out from me. Like I said, stupid.

 

“Then why is it with you?”

“SPEAK!”

Sehun stared up at the officer who lost his cool. Sehun, same as the officer, has no intention to speak his way out because he is not the one that steals. There are not enough evidences to sentence him to jail.

 

Sehun will not react to the heat with fire. He will return with icy cold.

 

“My Prince. This is not appropriate.”

“Open the door.”

“This place is too shabby. You should return to your palace, My Prince. We will him to you.”

The door opened with a loud thud.

Here’s come the glorious Crown Prince. Sehun couldn’t believe his ears or his eyes. Why is the Prince here?

 

“Who is he?” The Prince demanded the answer.

Sehun is too busy admiring the glow of the Prince and the officer also have no answer who is so dull that he did not ask the name and personal information of the suspect he arrested.

“Hey! What is your name?”

 

“You have been interrogating him for so long and you just asked his name?” A flash of anger cross in Junmyun’s eyes. The officer is already trembling in fear and Sehun wondered how would it feel to be scolded and complimented by the Prince?

“My deepest apology, Prince. He is being unusually difficult. Most foul criminals are like that.”

“Foul? He’s a Lord. And he looked so young. How foul could he get by this age? Get out now. I will take over this interrogation.” The Prince quickly dismissed everyone in the room as he sat down opposite to me.

 

As soon as the Prince met with my eyes which is filled with admiration and love for him, he sighed.

“How old are you, boy?” Sehun’s eyes quickly show of his annoyance.

“I am already 17. I am not a boy.”

 

A hint of amusement ran on Prince Junmyun’s lips. But he did not laugh or disregard me.

“What is your name?”

“Sehun. From the house of Oh.”

“Oh Sehun.” Junmyun tests the name on his lips. Junmyun did not address Sehun as ‘boy’ again.

“I am not a thief.”

“We don’t know that.” Junmyun neither accused nor trusted Sehun.

“I can prove that.”

“You can?” Junmyun’s posture relax but careful.

“Yes.”

“Well, prove your innocence and you will be free to go. But how will you prove it?” Junmyun took immediate interest in the little boy sitting in front of him, his back uptight and his head not bowing down. All of Sehun’s gestures show that he is not the thief. Junmyun already half know from the moment since his eyes landed on that boy.

Those were not the eyes he saw that night. Those brown dark eyes of Sehun are deep and manly. He is so young. Junmyun can’t help but noticed the pink lips of Sehun are always stayed straight.

 

“By denying every charges being brought upon on.”

Junmyun instantly like his guts. He is confident and intelligent.

“Where are you on the night of the Ball at Palace?”

“I was home. My servants and my mother can prove it.” Sehun said without blinking.

“You did not go to the Ball? Why?”

Junmyun found it a little distracting to know that there are people that choose to stay at home rather than coming to his Ball.

 

“I wanted to. My suit was ruined.” Sehun was not lying. Junmyun saw the regretful expression in Sehun’s eyes.

“Are you a careless person?”

“What?”

“You said your suit was ruined. Surely, you’re the lord so your attires are not in your care. And if your servant ruined the suit, you should have expressed anger instead of remorse.”

“I am not a careless person. It was… I am not sure why my suit would be important topic in this interrogation.” Sehun felt pressured suddenly. Junmyun noticed this very detailed expression of his and it very much surprised Sehun. Junmyun is the Crown Prince that liked to have fun and party. Sehun never knew Prince Junmyun would be so insightful.

 

“I think people in charge of this interrogation should decide which will be asked and which not be asked. So, why and how? You will only speak the truth.”

“It was ruined by my half-brother. I believed so.”

“You believed so? You don’t have the proof. Then it is just an accusation.”

“It is not an accusation!”

“Ok.”

Junmyun soothed the younger lad. Sehun is now gripping the hand-rest of the chair. Something rioted inside Sehun.

“He never got along with me. He never liked me. Why would he? His father married my mother. He hated me. I know it. I can feel it. But my mother, she did not believe me just like you. She always question my judgment. Luhan sure puts up a nice image in front of everyone.”

“Luhan?” Junmyun interrupted. He did not correct Sehun about him not trusting Sehun.

“My half-brother. He did not want to be call the surname. He likes the name ‘Luhan’ because that’s what his mother gave.”

“I understand your doubt based on your history.”

“No. You don’t understand. It’s not because of our history. He did it. I saw his eyes. You don’t believe me, do you?” Sehun assessed Junmyun face.

“I am neutral. I have no reason to trust or untrusted your words.”

“Fair enough.”

 

All the expressions are gone from that boy again. Junmyun would like the shaken Sehun more than this Sehun who is stripped away of all feelings.

Sehun meant all business and Junmyun is not ok with that.

Junmyun does not know why but he saw those twinkling eyes of Sehun when he first entered the room. Unlike the current Sehun who is detached from the outside world, sat back and staring right at him, preparing to fight his way out of the punishment.

“Those diamonds were found under your bed.”

“It does not mean I stole them.”

“You were saying?”

“I did not steal. I was not even at the crime scene. With that alone, I should not even be considered as suspect. The main suspect should be those who is with you that night.”

 

“You’re angry.”

 

No answer.

Sehun would stare at the Prince who is stunning in his eyes. Sehun always fantasize about the Crown Prince. In his mind, the Crown Prince would be handsome, bright, careless and a little dumb. Not painful dumb but a slight y dumb. But this Crown Prince in front Sehun is different. Of course Prince Junmyun is handsome but none of his actions show not a bit of stupidity. The Prince is so clever and so taunting.

“You’re right. You are not with me the other night. That was another guy. His eyes are…”

“Round. Pretty. Mesmerizing eyes. Yes, that would be my half-brother, Luhan.”

 

“Alright! Let’s find your brother.”

“What?”

Prince Junmyun has already stepped out of his chair.

“You said the main suspect should be the one who is with me that night.”

Sehun who is still unmoving at his seat, looked up at Prince Junmyun.

“Yes, but…”

“This happens rarely. You are worthy of my trust. You did not tell a lie, did you?”

“No.”

“That’s what I thought.” A smile forms Junmyun’s face and it lights up the room for Sehun.

 

True Culprit

“Young Lord, you have come back.”

The servant welcomed with the joyful smile as soon as the door opened.

“Yes, I have a guest.”

“Everyone, our Young Lord has come back.”

“Really?”

“OH, my Lord.”

 

The room quickly filled with happy gasps and joyful laughter. Prince Junmyun thought it amusing to see such a dazzling smile on Sehun’s face who always had been sulking since the moment they met.

“Everyone seemed to fond of you”

“Not everyone.”

“You’re really interesting.”

“What?”

“I found you interesting.” This time Junmyun is no longer saying to himself. He is looking straight into Sehun’s eyes while smiling softly at him.

 

“I…”

“Sehun!”

A Lady came out suddenly and put her arms around Sehun.

“Mother.”

Sehun sounded irritated but he is smiling.

“Crown Prince is here.”

 

It is very obvious that he’s well loved. Despites of his bratty look, Sehun is actually an innocent boy.

“Oh, m’Lord.” Sehun’s mother started to draw away from her son.

 

“Have I been disturbing the beautiful family reunion?”

“No, no. Not at all. Please take a seat.”

The Lady leads the Crown Prince to the living room. Prince Junmyun is smooth. He smiled at the servants who finally noticed the presence of royal blood in front of him.

“I actually come here to investigate the matter of my lost diamonds. I was told they are found in your son’s room.”

“My Lord, my son is not a thief.” The Lady Oh’s posture became stiff and defensive immediately. This is the Mother Nature, Junmyun supposed.

 

“No, you misunderstand me. Your son was released by me this morning. I believe he is not a thief and there are no evidences against him. I am merely here to investigate why those diamonds are found under his bed.”

“We did not sure why the diamonds are there but my son is above suspicion.” With a frown, the Lady said. Sehun is very quiet. He freely talked about his half-brother in the interrogation room but he seemed to be holding himself back in his own house.

 

“I was told that your son has his own speculations.”

“Sehun? Sehun is being foolish.”

Junmyun looked at Sehun who is avoiding eyes contact with his mother. His two set of eyes are straight and sharp.

“Why would you say so? Had Sehun talked about this with you?”

“I…”

“Mother, you know I don’t lie. The only person that can enter my room without my permission is you and cleaners. Even the butler won’t enter my room without my permission. I trust everyone working here. I just don’t trust him.”

“Sehun, he has no reason to frame you.”

“That’s what you think!”

“ENOUGH!!!”

Being frustrated by her own son, the Lady sat down on the bed.

 

Junmyun carefully choose his words.

“I trust Sehun does not lie. It doesn’t mean I believe Luhan to be the diamonds thief. I believe that Sehun truly believes Luhan is the only that has the power to frame him.”

Sehun looked at the Crown Prince. Those words hit hard to the very core of him. Sehun knew the Prince is not exactly taking his side or in his favor.

It made Sehun really happy. Sehun doesn’t know why but he felt like crying. His fingers closed in, desperate for something to hold onto.

“Could I have a moment a lone with your son?” Junmyun asked gently.

The Lady nod without another question as she wants to escape from this awkward air.

 

“It’s ok.”

Sehun, showing his back to Junmyun did not turn his back to look back.

“Hmm?” Sehun dared not to speak since his voice might broke down.

Prince Junmyun gently touches Sehun’s fist, trying to relax him.

Regardless of Junmyun’s attempt to prevent tears coming out from Sehun, the tears flow.

“It’s ok.”

Sehun was standing tall but his head facing down. The tears dropped. Because of Junmyun’s hand, Sehun could no longer holding a piece of his shirt so, he grabbed Junmyun’s hand instead. Unlike his shirt, Junmyun’s grip tightened. Their two hands held tightly.

Trying not to let the sound of his cries, Sehun bites down his lower lips harshly. Junmyun felt something inside him falling. He can’t watch the boy in front of him biting his lips down, holding things inside and not letting out. He wanted to hear the pretty words formed from Sehun’s mouth. Junmyun did not know what changes but something definitely did when he touches Sehun’s chin, turning Sehun’s face to face him.

“Your lips might bruise.”

Our faces are dangerously close to each other.

Junmyun did not break eye contact with Sehun as he leans in, asking no permission but softly taking over. Their lips touch.

Junmyun plants one kiss after another till Sehun’s teeth let go of his poor bottom lips. It is when Junmyun tasted Sehun’s lips. The hands gripping on Junmyun’s loosened, Junmyun place his hand on Sehun’s waist, holding him close.

They started kissing breathlessly.

Their bodies dropped down to bed in minutes. Junmyun who is on top of Sehun, finding himself losing control.

Eventually, they stopped for air.

“My Prince…”

“I know. I know.”

 

What is Junmyun talking about? Sehun can’t help himself but staring into depths of Junmyun’s eyes. He quickly blinked but found himself cannot look away. Sehun is falling. Those sweet kisses might mean nothing to Junmyun but it were Sehun’s first. And Junmyun also is first adult to believe in him.

“You can’t take back those.” Sehun is not letting go of Junmyun. He is afraid. He is insecure.

“I am not planning to.”

“I… I am someone who took Loyalty a big deal.”

“Who said anything about not being loyal?” Junmyun found it very amusing. Seeing the boy who is merely 17 talking serious made him smile in adoration.

“This is not something I do mindlessly.” Junmyun continued. Junmyun still is on top of Sehun not giving Sehun the space. Their breaths mingled.

“Why did you do this?” Sehun speaks very softly. It doesn’t matter since the room is quiet and they are very close.

“Do what?” Junmyun wants to tease. Shy and blushing face is the only expression Junmyun hadn’t seen from Sehun.

“That… earlier, you know… lips connecting.”

Sehun look away. He can’t look at the Prince without his face heated up, not only his face but also his ears. Sehun wants to be blown away into million dusts so that he won’t be in front of the Prince who seemed not being able to get his eyes away.

“You mean this?” Junmyun closed down the distance between them.

 

Sehun immediately shut his eyes off. His lips parted, welcoming the softest lips in this whole universe. Junmyun did not intend to stop. Not for a while. Sehun felt like his chest is going to burst because of his crazily wildering heart. It’s a mystery how it stayed insides the ribs, not jumping out.

“Stop.”

NO one ever say no to him. But Junmyun immediately obey, unlike his nature. Although Junmyun took a guess and hoped this little boy might also took interest in him, he did not want to force anything, especially something like this. He don’t want to take advantage of people, no matter on what situation.

“No… I mean. It’s too sudden. It’s too…” Sehun tried to explain but he is a bit short on words. Sehun is always getting away with his ability to use big words with perfect meaning but this time is his very first time.

“Too much?” Junmyun offered.

“Yes, too much.” Sehun immediately and gladly took it. Yes, it is too much. Too much for him, really.

“I’d never kissed anyone like this.”

It was a little confession but it’s also the truth from Junmyun. Of course he had played around but the need growing insides when kissing Sehun is something different, something new.

Sehun looked up the man hovering him. Sehun thought of the possibility that this is just a kiss to comfort him. This might mean nothing to someone like Prince Junmyun but hearing such confession drove him a little over the edge.

“Me too.” Sehun softly spoke. He reached out for Junmyun’s left cheek and the edge of his lips. Sehun’s hands are a little shaky but he did it. He touched Junmyun’s face. He brought himself upward, trying to steal a kiss from Junmyun.

It is only a second. It is more an innocent kiss but it drove Junmyun crazy.

 

“If you kept doing this, I think I might

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter