chapter t h r e e

It has to be you!

Ella, dressed up all nicely like she should be in a white long top and black pants, with her short hair strighten, walked down the stairs for dinner. She noticed her mother in the kitchen, cooking. She slowly approached the kitchen door and stoped. "Bali~ I need the soup pot." She listen to her mother's voice. "Oh, and the meat in the oven...." She took a step and saw Ella standing there. "Ella." She said her name.

"Oh." Ella gasped. "I'll be outside in the porch." She said and turned around to leave.

Ella's mother smiled a little and went back to cooking dinner. As Ella walked out to the patio, she noticed how big the yard was. It was big enough for 5 dogs to run wild. "Wow." She letted out. "Big yard." She rubbed her neck and leaned towards the fence holding the patio together. 'I missed home...' She frowned. 'I really do miss it..." She sigh and rubbed her hands together as the night was falling in place.

It was getting colder and colder by the minute. She rubbed her arms together and sizzled a bit. "You shouldn't be outside this late." Jae Joong walked over to Ella's side.

Ella didn't even reply back this time. All she did was looked away with a cold look. "Bwoh? You hate me that much?" Jae Joong asked and noticed her rubbing her arms together.

Jae Joong took off his coat and placed it over Ella. "Here." He said. "Remember to wear a coat the next time you come out here." He added in. "It's korea by the way." he smiled telling her that it can get colder in Korea then Taiwan.

'I wanted to say something so bad... But for some reason I couldn't move my lips.' Ella took off the coat and reached it back to Jae Joong.

"Aren't you cold though?"

Ella pushed his coat back to him and ran inside the house. Jae Joong released a laugh and followed her inside the house. "Welcome back Jae Joong." Jin smiled as she took Jae Joongs coat.

"Thanks aunty Jin." Jae Joong thanked her.

"I'm glad your back." Jin Whispered to him.

"Why?" Jae Joong's eyes stared.

"That girl..." Jin looked around to make sure no one was listening. "That girl..."

Ella ran into the living room and stopped as she noticed Jae Joong wasnt following her anymore. "What a bother." She whispered to herself.

Jae Joong walked over and rubbed his hands together. "Excuse me." He said and Ella turned around to look at him. "I heard that you're not going to be attending the Korean school my father put you in, is it true?" He asked.

"...... Why? It has nothing to concern you." Ella replied and walked passed him.

"It does." Jae Joong stoped her. "I'm going to be your older brother-"

"You're not my older brother!" Ella shouted. "Stop trying to push me into this family!" She added in and both of their parents ran into the room.

"Whats going on?" Jae Joong's father asked.

"Nothing." Jae Joong replied with his head tilted a bit down.

"I hate it! ALL OF IT!" Ella screamed. "I don't want any of it!" She said and ran herself up the stairs back into her room.

"I'm so sorry." Ella's mother cried. "She's a girl who won't listen to just anyone." She covered her lips. "I'm sorry." She said again and Jae Joong's father hugged her.

"It's ok." He said and rubbed her back. "It's nothing..."

Jae Joong bit his lips and stared at the stair way. "Dinner's ready." Jin said.

"Araso. Lets go eat." Jae Joong's father said.

"But, Ella..."

"I'll go talk to her." Jae Joong smiled again. "I'll go get her."

"Um." His father nod his head and walked into the dining room with Ella's mother.

Ella was sitting on her big white comfty bed, just sitting and staring at a picture in her hands, a picture of her father holding her when she was still a young child. 'Why did I say all that just now?' She wanted to cry but held it in. 'I didn't mean it that way.' She tugged her picture away as she heard a knock at her door.

"Can I come in?" Jae Joong walked into her room.

"You're already in, why asked?" Ella mumbled to herself.

"Look." He shut the door gently. "I'm really sorry... I know what I said is still hard for you, but its going to happen." He stood there. "I know what you're feeling and I know how much it hurts to see a person you care for and love go through this without your consent. But she is your mother and she is a grown women...." Jae Joong explained. "Look, you as her child, can't tell her what to do..."

'For some reason, he has a point.' Ella was still not looking at him.

"A daughter can never understand a mother's point of view until she becomes one herself." Jae Joong said and Ella peeked over her shoulder a little. "So please don't starve yourself because of me... Your mother has been cooking all day and my father has been looking forward to finally eat dinner with you for a long time... So please, come down for dinner ok?" He asked.

Ella rubbed her arms and pulled the blanket over her head. "Yah!" Jae Joong wanted to pull her right out the bed but didn't. "Are you tired?" He asked but no reply back. "Araso... Good night." He said and opened the door. "I'll see you in the morning, Ella." He said his good nights and left her room.

Ella peeked back up from the covers afte ra few seconds and saw Jae Joong out of sight. "She ma? I can't tell her what to do?" She talked to herself. "I had never told her to do anything...." She said and wrapped herself with her arms. "I've only want her to be happy..."

Jae Joong walked into the dinning room alone. "She's not coming down?" Jae Joong's father asked.

"Anio. She said she was tired." Jae Joong lied. "From the long ride..."

"Chincha?" Ella's mother asked. "So she's not mad is she?"

"Anio." Jae Joong shook his head. "She's not mad. She said she was tired and that she will join us for tommrow's dinner." He sat himself down at the table. "Lets eat." He took the first bite that night.

The next morning, Ella woke up early and dressed in her school's uniform of white and navy color. "Ella." Her mother walked in. "Omo." She gasped. "You..." Her mother walked over. "You're going to go to school?"

"Why? I can't?" Ella asked.

"Anio. You can." Her mother smiled happily. "But, what would like to eat for breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry." Ella replide and grabbed her bag from the side of her bed.

"She ma?" Her mother grabbed her arms. "Not hungry? But you didnt eat dinner last night?"

"Ma. I'm going to be ok." Ella shoved her bag over her shoulders. "I'm not hungry." She said and removed her mothers hands from her arms.

"Ella." Her mother called her name but she didn't look back and ran down the steps. "Wait." Her mother chased after her. "I'm going to be worried."

"Ma. I'm a big girl now...." Ella turned around to say. "Don't worry about me." Ella adde in and left the house.

"What's wrong?" Jae Joong asked as he button his shirt up.

"I'm worried aout Ella." Ella's mother cried. "She didnt have anything to eat yesterady at all and she also skipped todays breakfast."

"I see." Jae Joong mumbled. "Don't worry. She'll eat when shes hungry."

"But."

"Didn't she just tell you not to worry abotu her?"

".... I guess... But she's still my daughter." Ella's mother said and left Jae Joong there alone.

Ella ran her way to the gates and as she was opening the gates she ran into a person. "OH!" She fell to the ground rubbing her forehead. "WHO!?" She looked up and saw nothing but a dark figure.

The sun was blocking his apperance. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm sorry. Are you hurt?" He asked as he reached out his hands to help her up.

"I'm fine." Ella replied and finally saw his face. "Who are you?"

"Oh...." He smiled. "I'm sorry, you must be Ella?" He asked and Ella nod. "My name is Jung Yun Ho. I'm Jae Joong's long time friend."

"Oh." Ella frowned. 'Jae Joong again? What gives?' Ella frowned even more.

"So you're his little sister? Right?" Yun Ho asked.

"Well..."

"Yun Ho!" Jae Joong called his name. "You're here early." He looked at his watch and back up. "Oh, I see you met my little sister Ella."

"Yes I have." Yun Ho nod.

Without a word Ella ran off to school.