ONE

My Spooky Roommate

Once Kris had finally gotten the last box of his junk in his apartment, he shooed Chanyeol and Junmyeon out of his apartment, eager to shower and go to sleep. He had finally moved out of the college dorms and found a nice place in the heart of Seoul, his favorite part would have to be the picturesque view of the city he got from the balcony. "We made it Kris" he whispered to himself, shrugging off his sweaty t-shirt. He shivered despite still being some what hot, the sudden burst of coldness was gone swiftly, he shrugged it off and walked to his bathroom. He paused in front of the mirror to flex at his reflection, practicing some poses for no specific reason, he winked at himself and began unbuckling his pants.

He could've swore he heard someone scoff, but again he brushes it off to the houses natural sound and turns on the water. He's busy taking off his jeans, too preoccupied to notice the slender blond sitting in the lid of the toilet, watching him curiously. "Oh you've got a nice body" he nods

Kris immediately looks at him, his mouth agape "What the- Who are you?" He shouts, covering himself with his bunched up jeans.

The blonde smiles "Well my names Zitao, I live here" he says simply "And you're Kris, I watched you and your friends move you in."

"What I live here, you don't" Kris sighs and shimmy's on his pants "And I'm calling the police"

Zitao rolls his eyes "Try it, my names Huang Zitao."

"Well alright Zit-"

"Just call me Tao, it's so much more simple."

Kris narrows his eyes at the boy and starts dialing the police station on his phone.

'Nine one one what's your emergency?'

"Yeah this guy is just sitting in my house, I think he broke in"

'Is he violent?'

"Well, er- no" Kris looks up from his feet, Tao is no where to be seen

"Do you know his name, we can look him up in the system?" The operator sounds irritated

"He said his name is Huang Zitao, he's probably in his early twenties" Kris walks out of the bathroom to find the intruder

There's a pause on the other line, the sound of keys clacking "Ah here we go Huang Zitao, uh dark eye circles? Pretty tall?"

"Yeah"

"Um sir are you sure the man that's in your home is named Huang Zitao?"

"He told me himself"

"Sir that's not possible"

Kris is looking through the bedrooms and pauses, in disbelief "What do you mean? I know what I saw I can't believe how rude-"

"This profile on Huang Zitao says that he died four years ago, sir please don't prank call the police we have serious matters to tend to" she huffs, the line goes dead and Kris is dumbstruck.

Tao laughs boisterously behind Kris "Wow what a real no nonsense kind of woman" he nods "Sone of the other residents got the police to actually send someone to check. I must be famous at the station"

"You're sick" Kris shakes his head "Going around pretending to be some dead kid, that's disgusting"

"Wow you're pretty dense" The other male walks to the kitchen and opens the fridge

"What are you getting at?"

Tao opens a Popsicle and gives a good "She told you herself, I'm dead man. Dead. Dead. Dead"

"Yeah right, why don't you get out of my apartment?" Kris leans against a wall

"I would if I could" he sing songs, sitting atop the kitchen counter

Kris groans and moves towards Tao "Get out! I'm so irrit-"

The lights suddenly go out and Tao is no where to be seen. "I haven't given anyone a good scare in a while, this should be fun!" The familiar voice chimes from around Kris. The latter opens his mouth to say something, but he feels cold all of a sudden, freezing cold "Wh-what?" He stutters between chattering teeth.

"What are you most afraid of?" Tao whispered into his ear, the sudden gust of freezing cold air against his neck.

Kris's voice is caught in his throat, and a overwhelming force pounds against his skull. He doubles over and lets out a cry of pain "Stop stop!" He shouts, clutching his head.

"Do you believe me?" Tao asks, his voice is coming from Kris's own mind and it makes the other boy feel sick. He feels bugs crawling all over his body and feverishly tries to swat the imaginary insects away.

"Yes yes I believe you, please stop Tao please!" He cried, shutting his eyes tightly.

In an instant the lights are switched back on, the room is back at a normal temperature and the throbbing in Kris's head is gone. Tao is sitting on the couch, still eating that Popsicle. "Oh your lips are blue, Kris. Might've made it a bit too chilly in here"

Kris touches his mouth, his lips are numb and feels something warm trickling down the sides of his face, he touches it and analyzes his fingers, there's thick blood oozing out of his ears. "Oh yeah sorry about that, it's like an after effect of whatever you call it my bad" Tao gives him an apologetic smile

"So what you're saying is, you're a ghost?" Kris whispered, in shock at the bored looking boy sitting on his couch.

"You can't say ghost, the politically correct term is spirit. It's like okay if I call myself a ghost but it's really offensive if you say it" he nags

"This can't be happening" Kris shakes his head

"Well it is and we're stuck with each other until you move out" Tao says

"Oh my god is your body still here?" Kris suddenly sobs

"Ew gross no, I just died here. My body is uh" Tao scratches his head "Oh man I don't know where I'm buried or if I was cremated, but either way it's not here"

"Oh my god you're dead!" Kris crawls to the couch and sits next to Tao "Aren't you supposed to be all like gross and scary looking and like you know.. Boo"

Tao laughs "I can look however I want to, would you like me to show you how I looked the day I died?" He gives Kris a sinister smile

"H-how did you die?" Kris's eyes are wide

"Close your eyes"

Kris complies and gently closes his eyes, shivering with fear over what Tao would show him when he opened his eyes. "Open"

Kris's eyes flutter open and Tao isn't a garish bloody mess, he looks a bit paler with unsettles black hair he's wearing pajamas "I don't get it" Kris his head to the side

Tao pulls down the collar of his sweat shirt, there's a fresh looking wound around his neck, the imprints of a thick rope have rubbed the skin raw and bloody. Kris faints.