Help

Just Us

Giggles filled the air as they jogged toward the back door, through a crowded kitchen. Somehow Myungsoo ended up leading and assisting the woman instead, and as he unlocked and held the door open with his body, the woman fell into his arms. As if they were victims of laughing gas, neither one of them had any intention of stopping first, until they were interrupted.

Hongki cleared his throat before nervously voicing, “Myungsoo,” he then waved awkwardly. Upon locking eyes, the newcomers blanched the star’s face. Any life Myungsoo once had dwindled and perished without glancing back.

Once the woman straightened her back and pushed Myungsoo’s hands away, the male flattened his eyes and tightened his jaw out of frustration. “You two got the guts to show up in front of me again?”

Well, goodbye to the friendly, not-awkward-at-all greeting. Hongki thought. 

The irritation in Myungsoo’s tone made Hongki put his hand down, then with a short breath, the shorter tried to explain, “It’s not like that. Please hear us out—”

The celebrity rolled his eyes before brushing a hand against the woman’s sleeve, “Go back in. I’ll call you later,” he cooed to her. The stranger hummed and did as she was told. Then with two steps, Myungsoo let the door shut on its own behind him. He poked the inside of his cheek before interrogating them. “How did sickos like you two know I was here? How long have you been waiting back here for me?” Then out of habit, he targeted his former friend, Jaejin. “How’s life? Having fun? Being blind must not bother you at all since you can be with this freak 24/7 huh? Was it worth it? Losing all of your friends and family? I asked if you’re having fun damn it! Answer me you disabled !”

Hongki’s eyes and jaw gapped with rage, and without thinking he stomped up to the madman, “Dis-disabled ?! What about you? What makes you so great? You’ve probably fathered about ten kids by now you low—”

“Hongki!” Jaejin shouted. Simultaneously the angry ones turned their attention to Jaejin, where they also caught the mob of reporters and paparazzi running their direction. Immediately, Hongki pulled Jaejin toward him as Myungsoo covered his face. Before they knew it, camera flashes immobilize and blinded them. Swarmed and cornered, they could do nothing but listen to the nonsense that spilled out of 'professionals' caverns.

“Isn’t that Hongki and Jaejin, the former members of 4G?”

“It’s really them, the first gay idols! How can they be wandering around like this?”

“Kim Myungsoo, please explain this. Why are you meeting up with such people?”

“Nowadays you’ve been labeled a womanizer. Is it just a mask? Are you also into men Kim Myungsoo?”

“What is the reason for this get-together? Is this what you meant when you said you will be in charge of finding your own members?”

“Kim Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo please comment!”

» » » » » » » » » » »

Myungsoo sat with his legs crossed when the CEO of his agency threw his iPad at him. As the device struck his shoulder before tumbling off the couch, Myungsoo hover a hand over the string and growled, “What the hell! You could have dislocated my shoulder!”

The older glared at him, “Could have?! I should just kill you!” He picked up his hot glass of coffee and was ready to dump it on Myungsoo, but at the speed of light his manager hurried over and locked the older’s limbs down.

“President! President calm down!”

“You!” The gray-haired man pointed at the sitter, “I’m deducting your pay and canceling any schedules you have for the next six months! Just go home and rot there for all I care! If your face shows up in an article again I will kill you!”

The lad gave his boss a stink eye before leaving; he didn’t need to be told twice to leave. Myungsoo kicked the door with all his might, causing the doorknob to break and hang briefly. Then once the door creakily shut on its own, the knob falls to the ground with a thump. “That bastard! Does he really want to die?!”

Myungsoo made his way to his practice room two floors down, ignoring the stares and greets he got from his juniors. Inside the room, with two of its walls covered with high glass mirrors, Myungsoo hurried to a lone bench where he picked up a half-drank water bottle. Squeezing the plastic, Myungsoo gulped the rest down as he felt the cool water flow through his heated system. Harshly, he wiped his wet lips with the back of his hand.

Then with any energy left, he chucked the empty bottle at one of the mirrors. “Jaejin! Gah!” Myungsoo tucked his head between his legs before covering them, then quietly he rocked back and forth a little to calm himself down.  

» » » » » » » » » » »

When the front door to their place was flung wide open, Jaejin surprisingly hauled Hongki in before following him. Then the blind shut the door with a slam; one would not know if he intentionally slammed it or because he couldn’t see what he was doing. The taller heaved a dangerous sound before uttering, “Didn’t I tell you to endure whatever he has to say before we left? How can you let your hot-headedness get the best out of you again? Wasn’t it you who said we should cooperate if we want to make next month’s rent payment?”

Hongki clenched his fists as he stomped a fearless step in front of Jaejin, “If he had said those things to me, would you have stayed still?!” At that exact moment, Hongki knew he had the upper hand. “He’s lucky I held back, otherwise I would have given those reporters a good story!”

His lover was a package of bold pride and stubbornness, Jaejin knew that. So he knew not to escalate the situation. If he keeps his tone up, there’s no doubt in his mind that Hongki would flee first. Hence, with a dense sigh, he breathed, “Fine. But since things have come to this, who will draft us?”

Even though Jaejin was blind, Hongki couldn’t face his partner directly. Jaejin was always so good at drowning him in remorse. “I…,” he sighed. No matter what he says, it won’t bring back the only opportunity they had. He pondered if an apology will do the trick, but before he could continue Jaejin dropped another bomb on him.

“...Hongki. Do you remember my friend I’ve told you about? The one from Switzerland,”

The one being questioned dug through his memory while contemplating why this friend was suddenly important. “Sure, you said he called you after the incident,” Hongki’s fists have crumbed and were pocketed as he waited for Jaejin to fill him in.

“He works for Dignitas,” Jaejin choked a little on his words before turning his back to Hongki. “He told me, that if life gets too hard for me to handle then to give him a call,” his lips quivered uncontrollably as water began to rise in his eyes, “He-He said he will help me. He will free me from this world’s wrath,”

Hongki who finally understood felt weak at his knees, “Wh-what?” He shook his head, “Wh-what are you saying? A-are you saying you’re...no...you wouldn’t be this cruel,” Hongki rushed forward as he grabbed a hold of Jaejin’s shirt, unwilling to let go even if his life depended on it, “I’ll change! Pl-please Jae-Jaejin! Hate me but don’t leave me! I’m sorry, I-I’ll change!” Hongki wrapped his hands around Jaejin’s waist and squeezed him a little, to reassure himself that Jaejin was still with him.

But before Hongki could shed a tear, Jaejin broke down first. “What do I do? My poor Hongki. Poor me! I’m starting to forget what your face looks like, Hongki! I miss you like crazy!” Jaejin covered his face as he screamed into his palms. Hongki bit back his tears but they began flowing endlessly. Then shakingly, he hid his face in the back of Jaejin’s neck.

» » » » » » » » » » »

Myungsoo poured himself the nth cup of alcohol. From a distance in the dimly lit restaurant, soft piano keys comforted and warmed his vacant heart. At his booth, Myungsoo mumbled to himself. In some episodes, he’d chuckle, slap himself, or curse him and Jaejin out.

Drunk.

He waved and danced to the mellow song. “Jaejin. My friend Jaejin. Pour me my glass, all the way to the rim,” he said with a higher pitch tone. “Jaejin!” He waved a hand in front of him, “I object! You and he can’t be together. Why?” Myungsoo snorted, “Because it disgusts me. We used to talk about going on double dates so how can you do this to me? Huh?!” He shot up from his seat, his eyes barely opened, as he one-shot the glass in his hand.

Right then the music stopped and only the sound of heels clicking against wood could be heard.

Though Myungsoo couldn’t make out the person standing in front of him. He smiled, “Oh Jaejin. You came, have a seat. Hurry, hurry,” he said as he shoved the faceless down in the seat across from him. Then as he plopped back down, darkness swallowed him and he was knocked out instantly.

» » » » » » » » » » »

After much crying, the late night and sleepiness had Jaejin defeated.

Hongki laid across from the latter as he studied Jaejin’s handsome features. Gently, he caressed the asleep’s cheek. To think that the same face who used to make him laugh by chewing his food down like a goat, had merely smiled these days upset Hongki.

“I’m starting to forget what your face looks like,”

An exhausted sigh overtook Hongki. Then steadily something came to Hongki. Once he sat up, he pulled the covers over Jaejin before searching for their shared phone. Moments later he fished the old device out of his pocket. He searched up the contact information of the company Jaejin spoke of. However, just as he got onto their site an unknown caller ID showed up on the screen and interjected his plan.

“Who could be calling this late at night..?” He asked himself but in the end, picked it up. “Hello?”

“Is this Hongki?”

Hongki was taken aback as he did not recognize the caller. “Yeah, why? Who are you?”

“That’s not important. I have a friend of yours here, he’s very drunk, and I don’t know what to do with him,”

His eyes widened, “Where are you?”

» » » » » » » » » » »

The pale and slim boy handed over Myungsoo’s phone and wallet before hiding his hands in his heavy, long black jacket, “I added my number into his phone so when he’s sober you can tell him to give me a call and pay me back,”

Hongki gazed over at the sad sight of a drunk, half- Myungsoo tucked in under the plain white sheets. Quickly he took the man’s belongings, “H-how much does he owe you..?”

“The pork and ten bottles of alcohol he ordered at my uncle’s restaurant. The cab fare cost to bring him here, the motel's booking, and oh my ity,” the shamelessness in the boy shocked Hongki to no ordeal.

“Wh-what?”

“Ah,” the boy began, “I’m also a big fan of yours and Jaejin. I’m rooting for a group reunion, Lee Hongki of 4G,” without another second to spare the laddie hurry out before Hongki could stop him.

The man was dumbfounded. How did he end up leaving Jaejin alone at home just to be stuck in the very room with Kim Myungsoo? And on top of that, Myungsoo have committed something he will regret for life. “Wh-what just happened? That kid looked like a minor to me,” Hongki breathed dangerously. Then with both hands he slapped and squashed his face, “This isn’t good. This isn’t good…the great homophobic Myungsoo took a minor’s ity!”

» » » » » » » » » » »

A/N: Ahhh a bit of a faster-paced chapter since I want to get this story done and over with. Heh, heh, terrible I know. The story will likely end with five or six chapters. <3