Chapter 1

Blind Emotions

~Somewhere in the School Compound~

“Minjung!!” yelled a tall handsome figure while walking down the locker and student filled corridor.

“Hey sweetie,” said Minjung.

Max Shim Changmin, the school’s renowned playboy. The typical kind of guy with girls swooning over him and guys envy him and worship the ground he stepped on. It was a month ago… WHEN HELL BROKE LOOSE, just kidding, when the whole school fell into a state of shock at the sight of Changmin and Minjung walking into the school hand in hand.

Minjung was the average girl next door that everyone loved to get along with. She was not as popular as Changmin is with girls but she does have her fair share of boys chasing after her. Being the average girl that she is, it’s quite shocking when the whole school came to know that she successfully tamed the school’s wildest playboy into a proper relationship.

Girls cried and boys mentally burst into tears when their beloveds were no longer available. But it was quickly overcome when they realized what a cute couple they made. They were voted ‘Most Likely to Get Married in the Future’ on the weekly polls in the school newspaper for 3 whole weeks.

And today was another typical day the couple got together.

“How was your weekend?” Minjung asked while getting books from her locker.

“Filled with complete boredom.” Changmin said with a frown.

“Why’d you have to go back to your hometown? It was so boring without you.”

“Aww… I’m sorry honey.” Minjung pecked Changmin on the lips.

“It’s gonna take more than that to get me to forgive you.” Changmin grinned mischievously.

*CRASH*

Changmin and Minjung automatically turned to the direction where the sound came from. On the floor were books and papers scattered in different directions. There was also a girl in a thick black framed glasses clumsily trying to pick the scattered materials off the floor.

“Oh my!” Minjung gasped.

While Minjung stared with a shock expression Changmin just shook his head and went over to help the girl.

“Eunsae, you should really be less clumsy.” Changmin sighed while picking up Eunsae’s things.

“I know,” mumbled Eunsae without looking up. “Thanks for your help. You should go back to your girlfriend.”

And with that, Eunsae hurriedly ran off without taking even a glance at Changmin, her best friend since they were in diapers. While running away from Changmin, Eunsae failed to notice a frown that formed on Changmin’s lips.

‘I have got to talk to Eunsae after school. She’s been acting weird this whole month.’ Changmin mentally told himself.

“Who’s she? I don’t think I’ve seen her before.” Minjung said while reaching to hold her boyfriend’s hand.

Just when Changmin opened his mouth to answer her, the school bell rang, signaling that classes are starting.

“Uh-oh, I’m gonna be late!” Minjung half screamed, giving the tall man a peck on the cheek before running off to her class. “See you after class sweetie!”

“Yea… See ya…” Changmin mumbled inaudibly before walking to his own class.

~In Changmin’s Class~

“I was like no and he was like pleeeease. And I was like, in your dreams and-”

“So I met this chick last night at the bar. She was definitely smoking hot and-“

The whole class became silent for a few seconds when Changmin took his first step into class.

Girls’ reaction…

“Aah!!! It’s Max!!!”

“Oh my God he’s so effin’ hot!!!”

“I love him!!!”

“Minjung’s so lucky!!!”

Guys’ reaction…

“Yo Max, party at my house. Friday night at 8.”

“You the man, Max.”

“I wish I were him…”

“He’s so cool!”

Changmin sighed. Same old stuff whenever he enters class. Every guy and girl swoons over him, saying stuff he didn’t bother listening at all. Just that day, all eyes were on him except one pair. The eyes that belonged to a girl who went by the name of Chloe Jung Eunsae. That isn’t really weird considering that she’s his closest and best-est friend ever, but usually she would be looking up and smiling at him. Today, it was different. She was just staring outside the window, twirling a pencil in her slender fingers while her other free hand supported her head, perhaps daydreaming.

‘Daydreaming again… So Eunsae-ish.’ Changmin chuckled to himself.

“Hey Eunsae. You should do less daydreaming. It’ll make you mentally tired.” Changmin said as he plopped onto the vacant seat next to Eunsae.

“Oh, hey Min.” Eunsae said nonchalantly.

“Hey, wha-” Changmin was cut off when their homeroom teacher came in.

“Alright class. Settle down. Yesung, legs off the table. Eunhyuk, earphones off or I’ll make sure they’ll be sold on eBay.” Ms Lee said sternly. “First, roll call! Sunghye?”

“Here!”

“Seoyeon?”

“Here!”

Several names later…

“Max?”

“Here!”

“Chloe?”

“Here,” mumbled Eunsae inaudibly.

“Chloe??”

“Here.” Eunsae repeated with her hand up.

“Oh, there you are. Please speak louder next time.” Ms Lee said. “Now, let’s start today’s lesson. Today, we’ll be learning…”

For the whole 2 periods of her lesson, Changmin kept stealing glances at Eunsae, as if something wasn’t right. Well to be honest, something isn’t. Normally Eunsae would be secretly talking to Changmin, or doodling randomly on each other’s textbooks. But today, she was just paying attention. As if it was the most common thing to do in her world.

“Psst!” Changmin hissed lowly, hoping to get Eunsae’s attention.

No response.

“Psssssst!” Changmin tried once more.

No response.

“Yo Eunsae!!” Changmin finally lost his temper.

“Is there something you’d like to share with us Mr Shim?” Ms Lee glared at her noisy student.

“Err… Nothing. Hehe…” Changmin laughed nervously.

Briiiiiiiiiiing~~~~~~

‘Phew! Saved by the bell.’ Changmin wiped the imaginary sweat off his forehead.

Just as he turned his head to have a word with his best friend, she was already on her way to the classroom exit. Changmin sighed and hurriedly gathered his things before chasing Eunsae. He was about to grab Eunsae by the shoulder when…

“Chloe!! Hurry, we have to present our projects, remember?? We’re first on the list!” Seoyeon, one of their classmates, grabbed her before Changmin managed to.

“Damn!!” Changmin cursed silently before walking to his next class.

Changmin and Eunsae had nearly all their classes together, except for Mandarin which Eunsae took which Changmin replaced with Business Studies. He would’ve taken Mandarin too but he felt that Mandarin might be too hard for him. And man how right could he be? Previously, he begged Eunsae to teach him some words. Through the entire mini Mandarin session they had, he didn’t understand a single thing, which ended up with both of them laughing like mad men.

‘Guess I have to talk to her after school then. It sure seems that she’s gonna ignore me for the rest of the day.’ Changmin mentally said while sighing loudly.