One Year

Snowfall

Daehyun woke with arms wrapped around his waist and a forehead pressed against his shoulder. With a yawn, he stretched carefully, not wanting to wake up the man beside him. The apartment had become familiar to him in the years since he had left Youngjae, though many things had changed. Jongup’s own decor mixed well with his belongings and they’d since made purchases together to decorate their own. Though, the thing Daehyun thought had changed the most was himself. His depression and anxiety still remained, he still had bad days, and the bad days were really bad, but he had a reason to keep trying every day, and Jongup never made him deal with his breakdowns alone. More days than not, he woke up smiling, he was loved and beyond that, he was beginning to realize that he was finally experiencing love himself. Yongguk, Youngjae… Those were relationships of loneliness, of being afraid to not have someone close. But Jongup, He didn’t wake up wondering what he could do to keep him by his side, Daehyun woke up wondering what they’d do together just to experience life together.

 

Yawning, he lifted his hand in front of his face to shield his eyes from a beam of sun creeping into the curtains as dawn lit up the sky outside ever so gradually. Another hand held his, lacing their fingers together. Jongup smiled sleepily up at him from where he lay on the bed, pulling Daehyun’s hand to his lips, kissing the back of it. Grinning back, Daehyun rested his free hand on Jongup’s cheek, chuckling as Jongup playfully gave his hip a light pat.

 

“We don’t have work for a few more hours.” Daehyun whispered, leaning down to kiss the other man deeply, both moving slowly, savoring the precious moments between them. “We could grab some breakfast or we should cook something. We could shower or even dust the apartment.”

 

“You know what I want to do?” Kissing Daehyun back, Jongup ran his fingers through his hair and Daehyun couldn’t help but melt into the touch.

 

“Mm?” Nipping at Jongup’s lower lip lightly, he lowered himself back down to the bed, laying slightly on Jongup’s chest as they kissed. “What’s that?”

 

“Exactly what we’re doing now.” With a smile, Jongup moved them slightly so Daehyun was under him and Daehyun shivered, tracing Jongup’s collarbones with his fingertips.

 

“I think that sounds perfect.” Wrapping his arms around Jongup’s neck, Daehyun giggled at the soft kisses being rained down on his neck and chest. This was it, the thing he had needed his whole life, it was Jongup. Moon Jongup was an angel in his own hell and now he’d finally found heaven. And he didn’t intend to give that away.

 

 

 

Pulling Daehyun closer, Jongup looked him over, wondering how he had ever managed to be this lucky. Even sweaty and covered in hickies, Daehyun was the most beautiful person Jongup had ever seen and he was positive he’d never quite believe the other man was real. But he was real, right? And he was with Jongup. If this were a dream, he wasn’t sure he could handle waking up.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Daehyun inquired as he played with Jongup’s hair, a soft, happy smile on his beautiful, lush lips. Grinning back, Jongup poked Daehyun’s bottom lip, chuckling when his lover bit it playfully.

 

“How lucky I am that you chose to be with me.” Leaning in, he kissed the man he loved deeply, his mind wandering to the small box in his nightstand drawer. Today was the day. After a year, he wanted to ask Daehyun to stay by his side forever. He knew they were in love, they were happy, but he still had nervous butterflies in his stomach.

 

“I’m lucky too, Jongup.” Daehyun looked at him in confusion as Jongup sat up, pouting slightly at the sudden lack of body warmth. “Everything okay?”

 

“I have something for you.” Taking a deep breath, Jongup gave himself a silent pep talk before fishing the box from his night stand. “Dae… Daehyunnie… Will you marry me?” Biting his lip, he anticipated the worst, despite believing fully in his and Daehyun’s relationship. If Daehyun said no… Well it would crush him and he would probably fall apa-

 

“Of course!” Daehyun’s quick, loud reply stopped Jongup’s train of thought before It could get any more out of hand and he found himself pulled back down into a passionate kiss. “Jongup, that’s all I want. You and me, forever.” As he slipped the small, silver ring onto Daehyun’s finger, the word echoed in his soul ‘You and me, forever.’ Forever with Daehyun. Looking down at him, he wasn’t actually sure forever would be long enough.