Fighter

We Know Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie is shivering, all the hairs in her body stands in attention. No matter how much she curls, rolls, or cover her body with her blanket, it's not enough for her to fall asleep in with this creeping cold.

I can't take this anymore! Why does it feels like Antarctica in this room? She kicked her blanket and jumped out of bed to check that the heater in her room is broken. Great.

She grabbed her one-eyed teddy bear and stride out of her room. 

 

"What are you doing?" Jennie asked as she saw Jisoo in living room crawling under the couch, reaching for something.

"The AC remote. I want to check if the heater is broken here too."

"The heater in your room is broken too?" Jennie asked. Seems like not only her is having a room like tundra.

"Too? Yours is broken too?"

Jennie just gave her a nod and walks away. She's still annoyed by her disrupted sleep and proceeds to the maknae's room. She knocked softly but came with no reply. So, she just turned the knob and luckily it is not locked. I'm just gonna invade.

She saw Lisa deeply asleep, flat on her stomach, clutching her yellow raccoon doll to her side. She crawled on the side of the bed and squeeze herself in between the Thai's arm and the doll.

"Hey. I'll sleep here. My heater is broken," she softly whispered.

Lisa just grunted, probably still asleep. Jennie settled herself and closed her eyes. Just as she is finally succumbing to much needed sleep, Jisoo entered the room unceremoniously. Rosé still with her eyes half open and rubbing her eyes blearily, following her behind.

"Ahh heat!" Jisoo jumped on the bed and squeeze herself too beside the youngest. "Nyeong-an! Our room heaters all broken except yours, and we don't want to sleep on the couch. So, we're bunking here tonight."

"Okay, good night all." Rosé just lied in bed at the far left and quickly went back to dreamland. This caused the oldest to be squeezed in between the maknaes with little space to breath.

"Ugh Lisa can you move a little. You have some space left more there." Jisoo groaned and slowly pushed the copper haired.

Lisa mumbled unintelligible words but complied. It still doesn't register to her what is going on and she just wanted to continue her once peaceful sleep.

"Hey, chichu don't move too much, I'm gonna fall here." Jennie hold on to Lisa as she's being pushed to the edge of the bed.

Lisa turned to her side and instinctively encircled her arm on Jennie's waist and holding her close. Either to keep the brunette from falling or she's just used to sleeping like this with her, can be both, but who knows? Lisa still has her eyes closed so she can't be sure if she's still asleep or what. Jennie wrapped her arm on the younger and buried her nose on the Thai's neck. She grabbed their dolls and placed it above their heads. You two just cuddle in there too.

"Brrr I still feel cold. Hey Lisa I need your long limbs." Jisoo whined.

"Someone is already enjoying her warmth. Go to sleep Jisoo." Jennie scoffed and possessively embracing the Thai closer.

"But—"

"Scoot with Rosie. Let's sleep please." Jennie interjected.

"You're no fair." Jisoo grumbled and turned around to seek warmth on the sleeping Chaeyoung. Thankfully, she fell asleep fast and the room went quiet eventually.

"Good night." Jennie whispered.

Lisa just kissed her forehead and it didn't took long before the soft snores can only be heard in the room.

 


        Lisa blinked slowly. Gradually waking up to consciousness. The sun rays peeking through the small space between the curtains, shining on her line of vision. She smiled as she smells the natural scent from whom that she knows very well. Jennie isn't fond of perfumes and rarely use some; unlike her that loves using sweet candy fragrances. Lisa likes it though, she loves her pleasant natural scent. It comforts her, especially between the arms of what she calls 'home'. She hugged her tightly and sighed lazily.

As Lisa adjusted her vision, she also became aware of her current position. She's squashed in a tight space and felt another presence at her back. What the? She rolled at her back carefully to not to wake up Jennie, who's using her upper arm as a pillow. She's surprised to see two another human beings occupying her bed. She had barely any recollection the night before.

Jisoo suddenly stretched her arms and accidentally smacked Lisa's face. She looked horrifyingly to her side but chuckled softly as she saw Lisa's silly expression.

"Sorry." Jisoo apologized and smiled coyly. "Good morning."

"I can't say that when I was punched before starting my day." Lisa moped. She felt Jennie stirred.

Jennie yawned and blinks slowly. "Hey good morning." Her voice a little raspy and still thick with sleep.

"Good morning." Lisa replied. Smiling at the brunette. She looks so cute, her lower lip jutting out and her eyes still adjusting to her surroundings. She's snuggling her like a koala. Jendeuk indeed.

"I thought it's not a good morning?" Jisoo teased. 

"Well, she didn't punched me unlike you."

"Good morning." Rosé greeted. She's waken up by Jisoo and Lisa's bickering.

"By the way, what in the world happened? Why everyone slept in my room?" Lisa asked.

"All our room heaters are broken except yours. Maybe you sabotaged us." Jisoo bantered.

"Huh? Why would I want that and you will refuge in my room. Especially like I'm going in a battle sleeping with you!" Lisa countered.

"I sleep peacefully and don't snore. You are the one like a Sparta sleeping!"

"I don't! I sleep like an angel fyi."

"Pffft. Really? You might scare the angels when you sleep."

"No, you'll scare them with your flailing limbs."

Jennie annoyingly stood up as the two started their daily wrestling battle. She stretched her arms and looked over the window. The weather is good today. It looks like we'll have a great day.

"Ouch!" Rosé suddenly blurted out.

"See? You even hurt Chaeng." Lisa stated while locking Jisoo's neck with her arms.

"You're the one who hit her!"

Jennie looked back at her group mates and saw the helpless Rosé getting involve with the other two. "Piece of advice. You need to leave the arena if you want to save your life, Rosie." She chuckled and left the room to prepare some breakfast. 

Jisoo and Lisa are the mood makers. Their sense of humours and 4D personalities brightens up their day. Jennie laughs a little to herself when she remembers Lisa's various meme faces. The Thai can't hide what she's feeling because her face is so expressive. It's those little quirks that she loves the most on her. How she absent mindedly does things, only to remember they were in front of cameras. Even though she cringe at her aegyos, there are times she find her so cute. And when she tries to be funny and fails, that's what makes her real funny. Even her habit of always bringing a comb to fix her bangs, and always making sure it is well maintained the most and doesn't care about the rest, it wriggled its way into Jennie's heart. 

 

 

 

        Blackpink is on their way back to dorm from a meeting with YG. Lisa lowered down the car window and let the cool wind hit her face. They are now crossing a bridge and she can see a good view of small portion of Seoul. From afar, she can see the miniature like buildings, then below them is a river with small calm waves, surrounding them are various structures—houses, buildings, stores, and many more. People walking here and there, basically just a normal occurrence in daily life of Seoul, South Korea. There are times that she still can't believe that she's here. When she was a kid, she would always write on her dreams and ambitions that she will be a 'kpop star'. Lisa received some laugh, eyebrows raise, doubts and all. They say she dreams so high and they don't even believe if she can enter that industry. 

But, now here she is. She is now a kpop idol, living in South Korea with her group mates. They debuted, they are now performing in front of thousands or millions of people with their own songs, they won various awards, and other more things to come. Lisa sighed and smiled happily as it dawned on her what's really happening. It all still feels like a dream. 


"You are still active doing the flying yoga?" Jisoo asked. She's seated in front of Jennie.

"Yeah. You didn't join me last time."

"It's too far and I'm quite lazy. Next time I'll try to get up early."

The unnies continues with their conversation. Their voices serves as background noise as Lisa is still lost in her own thoughts and enjoying the view outside. Rosé is seated at the very back, listening to some songs from her phone. The weather is good, the moment is so relaxing and calm. Such a good day for Lisa.


"Kuma is being playful lately. He annoys Kai and Dalgom." Jennie giggled.

"Yah! He is. My poor Dalgomie is already tired and Kuma still bothers him. Scold your dog!" Jisoo joked.

"Hey let him be. It's their nature to play."

"No no no but he bullies Dalgom."

"Pfft he is just lazy like her mother."

"You—"

"Duck!" Whatever Jisoo planned to retort on Jennie was cut off as Lisa suddenly shouted. But they ignored her. Probably she's just being weird again.

"Bow your heads down!" Lisa shouted again.

What? Before Jennie could voice out her question, she saw Lisa jumping from her seat across her and grabbing her and Jisoo. Lisa hugged the two of them and holding their heads close and protecting them. In a sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter