Bothered

We Know Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        The group just got home after their shoot. They had two scheduled for today and it was tiring, but they're not complaining. They enjoy being busy than being stuck and bored to death in their dorm. Finally it feels like they really debuted and not everyday wondering if everything just had been a dream. They are thankful to whatever strucked sajangnim to give them proper promotions and jobs. 

 


Lisa followed Jennie into the brunette's room. She plopped herself heavily on the chair placed in front of the vanity table. Sighing for like a hundredth time today.

"I told you not to overdo your exercise. Look at you now, like a wilted flower that had been stepped on by running angry mob of rallyists." Jennie scolded. She's standing in the middle of the room, crossed arms as she observes this languid human sprawled out on her chair.

Lisa giggled "Hey that was a colorful analogy." Just then they heard a knock on the door.

"Jen are you there? I have something to discuss." Jisoo shouted on the other side. 

"Yeah come in." 

Jisoo opened the door and saw there were two occupying the room. "Oh Lisa. Good you're here too."

Jennie raised an eyebrow "Why? Is there a problem?"

"Well, maybe yes maybe no." She sighed. "Manager-nim gave me this earlier." Jisoo handed over a folder. Jennie took it and immediately checked what's inside.

"There are some changes in our song. There are only few days left before filming and they just fancy doing last minute changes." Jisoo continued.

"Hmm, so there would be mix English and Korean in our rap parts..." Jennie said as she studied the paper and scanned its contents. There are indeed a lot of changes in their lines and some new instructions scribbled almost everywhere. It's just a cover song but still, this is what they worked on during predebut. 

Lisa released a breath she didn't know she's holding. She got worried for nothing. Well, the news Jisoo reported is worrisome, but more manageable than what she had in mind earlier. She stands up and stretched. She can feel her bones popping. Ah that feels good. She stood beside the two and looked over the folder Jennie is holding. Wow, it's like a 3rd grader had done scribblings and doodles on his​​ textbook. 

Seems like she would need to buy energy drinks even though she hated the taste of it. She hobbled towards the bed and flopped face first, her long legs dangling on the edge. 

"Chaeng and I also have changes in vocal parts. Seriously, it's alright to me. It's just that they should have told us this earlier." Jisoo fumed.

"What do you mean?" Jennie quizzed.

"It's just resting on the table for few days because they forgot about it! Can you believe it?!" 

Jennie let out a heavy sigh. Are we having a sigh competition now? "There's no point in stressing about that because it's already done. We should just focus on practicing this." she shut her eyes and rubbed her temples. 

Jisoo nodded and strolled over to Lisa. She smack the girl's hip playfully. "Aissshh, I wish I have the easy going nature like you have."

Lisa turned her head to the side. "Believe me, I'm stressed about it too. I'm just too tired and lazy to care as of the moment" she drawled.

Jisoo stared at her sprawled form. Unbelievable. "Alright, I'll leave you then. I need to eat." 

Lisa raised an arm to do a lazy thumbs up as Jisoo walked out of the room. They made faces before the latter close the door. It's really cute how doing wacky faces to each other became a norm between them.

"You rest for today. We can just work on this tomorrow. And for the love of God, go to bed and sleep early. No watching TV until midnight." Jennie reprimanded sternly as she placed the folder on the table. She doesn't trust herself not to tear the papers apart and burn it to ashes. 

"Aye aye! Madam Jennifer" 

Jennie's eyes must have been healthy on the amount of exercise it has by the countless times she rolled her eyes today.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jisoo and Rosé are seated on the couch, watching TV. They switched channels for the umpteenth time but it seems there's no show that could make them settle into. Just as they agreed to tune in a tolerable show, Lisa passed by in front of them.

"Yo Lisa! Can I borrow your laptop?" Jisoo called after the copper haired.

"Sorry Jisoo but we're gonna use it." Lisa raised the laptop to show her. Only just then Jisoo noticed she's actually carrying the said laptop and proceed to Jennie's room; kicking the door harshly and causing a loud 'bang'. It swinged back and forth, Lisa waited for it to stop moving before entering and leaving the door open.

"Can you please be gentle with my door?! It's already dead for sake, and you woke up kuma!" Jennie thundered. 

"Sorry." Lisa smiled sheepishly. Jennie has still her hand over her heart, trying to calm and compose herself. She's busy writing out some notes when she got startled by the characteristically unexpected loud entrance. Kuma jumped back on the bed. He bolted when he was woken up rudely.


"Maybe... we should continue working on that song too?" Rosé asked after watching what just had occurred. She giggled at the amusing exchange. ​​It seems that they're more interesting to watch than any TV shows today.

Jisoo chuckled. "Yeah. Let's go. We're using your room." 

They have been practicing the vocal parts for a while now. Discussing some few techniques to each other and trying some ideas they have that might help them get better. 

They were already seated comfortably when Jisoo just remembered that she forgot her copy.

"owwieeee I forgot my copy. Ugh let me go get my things quickly." she grunt in annoyance that she have to move when she is already comfortably lying down.

"Go ahead." Rosé laughed as she watched her run comically to her room. 

It seems like not only she who is in rush to go back lying down as she watched Lisa jog out of her room quickly, all the while talking like she's not just carrying a lot with both of her arms.

"What do you think of the verse? Should it be faster?" Lisa questioned as she crossed the threshold to Jennie's room. You can hear the music playing inside.

"No, I think it's— 

Jisoo vaguely heard their conversation before Jennie closed the door. She quickly grabbed 
her stuffs before marching back to Rosé's room.

"Dwelling in?" Rosé quirked a brow. Expecting the older to bring papers but not only that, she brought a pillow, a blanket, her phone and charger, bunny stuffed toy that Nayeon gave her, pajamas, and some snacks. Dalgom quietly following her inside. 

"What? Just some essentials. It looks like we'll take longer and I'll just sleep here. Jennie and Lisa looks like they'll have sleepover too."

"Mmm okay." she beckoned the older to come closer and continue on their work.

 

 

 

Jisoo doesn't know how long they've been practicing, but both of them are already exhausted. She can't even speak with Rosé properly as the younger answered differently to everything she asked. Even her words are slurred and her head would be bobbing up and down occasionally. 

"Alright. We're finished for today. Let's go to sleep." Jisoo shakes Rosé's shoulders gently.

"Mmmm wokay lezhs goyw mmashimmmlahh..." more unintelligible words comes out of .

"Hey come on. Go to bed. Hello? Rosieee" she snaps her fingers and tried coaxing this half asleep girl. No scratch that, already asleep girI. I can't ​​​​​​​carry ​​​​​​​you please wake up. She shakes the Aussie's shoulders harder this time.

Rosé jolted awake and her head snapped upwards. If Jisoo wasn't alert, their heads  would surely collide and that will hurt badly  The abrupt movement caused Rosé to be slightly dizzy. "What's happening? Did you just say something?"

"I said we are done for today. Go to bed and we'll sleep now." She gathered their things and neatly piled it up.

"Woke me up just to sleep again." Rosé waddled to bed. "Come here now unnie. I'm really sleepy. Good night." she mumbled.

She's grumpy when she's sleepy. Jisoo snorted. "Go ahead, I'll just clean up." She looked behind and saw Rosé already fast asleep. 

Jisoo stifle a yawn and stretched. After cleanin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter