Little Dance

We Know Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Jisoo and Jennie are playing Overwatch in their computers, but the younger is unusually glum today. She's even losing more so than usual.

"Let's take a break. Are you okay?" Jisoo asked.

"Yeah... No, I'm not. I'm just not in the mood of playing today. I'm sorry. I just want to take my mind off things."

"Hmmm..then just do something else that won't require your mind and body to work." Jisoo advised. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just pressure. I am happy that Blackpink is getting more attention but...yeah."

"Hey take it easy." Jisoo sighed. "You need to relax. Maybe join the dongsaengs. I'm sure they're watching movies or whatever again per usual."

"Alright. Don't use my character." Jennie gibed as she make a stand.

"Hey! I have less deaths than you have." Jisoo countered.

"Just because I'm distracted."

"If you say so. Go now. Shoo. Let me play in peace."

"Are you sure chichu~?"

Jisoo groaned, "Ughh. Stop that. Leave me alone."

Jennie chuckled and leave the girl be.

 

        Jennie was the trainee for longest among the four. Almost 6 years she's been evaluated. She waited and waited for so long. She's been told to debut many times, but only to got delayed every time. Honestly, she's the most popular trainee back then. People would often see other trainees, and would ask if they can give their gifts to Jennie. She was also called as YG's secret weapon since she can sing, dance, rap, and her visuals is also on another level. But that doesn't mean she's immune to problems. Everything comes with a price, especially popularity.

 


Rosé and Lisa are lounging on the couch. They are waiting for the drama they got hooked into and it feels like it's taking on forever. Lisa impatiently plays on the remote, swishing and spinning it as she watch the news still currently airing. She's lying her head on Rosé's thigh, using it as a pillow. Rosé on the other hand is patiently waiting and decided to check on her phone for the mean time.

"Oh, wow look. Jennie unnie is on main page of naver again." Rosé muttered.

"Not surprised, that woman just need to breath and people will go crazy about her."

"She's that powerful, isn't she?" Rose chuckled. Amused by how Jennie can make a great impact just by her presence. "But of course, the more you get famous, the more you have bashers," she went on.

"Of course. There will always be people who will try to bring you down as you goes up higher." Lisa simply stated, not even bothered by the obvious fact. You can't just please everybody.

"Yeah. But sometimes I just don't understand how some people can get overboard. Their comments just go under the belt and almost threatening." Rosé murmured.

"Why? Are there comments like that now?" Lisa hissed. They are used to these various kind of comments but if ever Rosé is the one who complains about it, then it must be really awful.

"Yes. Rude ones. I just don't get it," she sighed. "It's like they want hell on Earth for her."

Lisa can feel her blood starting to boil in her veins, but speaking of the devil, Jennie walks in the living area. And just like that, all the anger and frustrations she feels dissipated as she saw the brunette striding towards them. She just screamed perfection no matter what she do. Lisa take it all in, she tries to memorize every inch of her body, the small details, just everything. Gosh, I'm a ert. She was snapped out of her trance when the said brunette sat heavily on her legs. She landed in an unlikable position where she swear her bones could break at any moment.

"Ouch! Oh my god Jen please move," she wailed. 

Jennie chuckled but thankfully moved to a more acceptable position where her bones is safe from wrath.

"The couch is big you know? You can just avoid my legs."

"Well, I wanted to sit here and your legs is just so long and it gets in the way." Jennie raised an eyebrow at her with that infuriating smirk.

"Ugh you're unbelievable. Chaeng, get your phone ready in case I passed out because my legs are dying," she laid her forearm above her eyes in overacting flourish.

Rosé giggled at her and rubs the head resting on her thigh. "It's already safe and they are still perfectly alive."

"What? You two are ganging up on me. I hope Jisoo comes and save me from you," she crossed her arms and pouted.

"She'll most probably joins us against you." Jennie chortled. Lisa gave her a challenging stare and she fought back, soon the younger gave up and just sighed at her defeat. "Just get used to it," she said in mockingly smooth voice and patted Lisa's thigh. 

Despite the previous playfulness, Lisa observed Jennie and she can see right through her that there's something bothering her. Jennie may have the talent of making an impassive look, but her eyes can't lie. Lisa nudge her slightly and silently questioned if she's okay. Jennie turned to her and just gave her a small smile, then turns her attention back on TV.

 


Lisa had been rolling a lot in her bed. She can't sleep. Her mind is occupied by all thoughts about Jennie. Well, most of the time it is, but today it keeps on bugging her how the brunette looked so down today. Argh I can't take it anymore.

She reached for her phone and checked the time, 1:18am. I wonder if she's already asleep.

Lisa: Hello

Less than a minute later, she received a reply.

Jennie: Why are you still awake?

Lisa: Oh! So you're still awake too? I could also ask the same thing you know.

 


Jennie is sitting at her bed, getting lost in her thoughts, when her phone dinged. She furrowed her brows when she received a text from Lisa. It's already midnight or actually it's already morning. She's about to reply again when she heard a soft knock on her door. She stood up and opened the door to see Lisa standing awkwardly outside, kicking some imaginary dirt on the floor.

"Hi." Lisa looked up and muttered in hushed tone.

"Come in. Why are you still awake?" Jennie asked as Lisa get in her room and closed the door.

"Uhh.. can't sleep? I thought that's obvious?" Lisa asked in an almost serious expression, she almost believed it. Wait, she's actually serious.

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Duh, I know of course, you dumb. Why can't you sleep?"

"Well, why are you also still awake?"

"I asked first and don't change the subject."

"I'm worried about you, that's why." Lisa approached the older and took her hands in between hers, brushing her thumbs on the back of Jennie's hands.

Jennie pulled them on the foot of the bed. They sat on the floor and rest their backs on the mattress. 

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Jennie questioned.

"No! You didn't." Lisa quickly assured. "Lately, you're in main pages of discussions, also trending and searched most. I am happy about that. It's just those rude people."

"Lisa, you can't control everyone's comments."

"I know, I know." Lisa can still remember that time Jennie became a victim of hater. He faked statements about Jennie bullying him when they were still classmates, saying something like she's a horrible person. Turns out he's a hater of YG and Jennie became the outlet of his hatred. 

She can't understand it. Why Jennie of all people? Jennie is the softest and most genuine person she know. She's misunderstood as rude but the truth is, she's just shy. She still offers a warm smile even though she doesn't know you. She laughs with all her heart out whenever she finds something funny. She always think about the fans. She cares deeply to the people that are important to her. She doesn't go around the bush and stays true to people. That's why she can't figure out why not just her? I am told to be fake by some bashers, so why Jennie and not just me? She's friendly but distant, true. She doesn't share much unless you earned her trust. She built this protective barrier around herself, but as soon as you learned to break down her walls, you'll see beyond those barriers is how much of a wonderful person she is. 

"I know that whatever people say is beyond my control. We can't be a celebrity and expect all comments to be good everytime. But, what I am worried about is how you are taking it all in." Lisa pondered on those times how Jennie reacted to the news about her.

Even when Jennie isn't doing anything, people still find something to drag her down. They would say she is the favorite, when in truth she's the least promoted. It can't be helped if one member takes more advantage than others, but if it's Jennie, they would automatically attack her as being the 'favorite'. 

"Even though you chose to ignore it or brush it off, I know you're at least a little affected. Is that why you're troubled today? Have you read something and it completely changed your mood?" Lisa went on.

Jennie stayed silent. Lisa let her be, she doesn't want to pressure her and let her think for a moment. 

"I don't know Liz, I don't know. It's just..." 

Lisa enveloped her in a hug. She leaned her head into the crook between the Thai's shoulder and neck. Lisa wrapped her arm around the brunette's back and her hand along Jennie's hips, hoping it would sooth her and ease from stress at least a bit.

"Do I really look that bad of a person to others?" Jennie mumbled.

"Remember that some people just t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter